All-Time NBA Draft: Round One--Hack vs. JoelHodgeJr

Who Wins, Hack or JoelHodgeJr

• Hack

Votes: 20 46.5%
  • JoelHodgeJr

Votes: 23 53.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
yao has better overall offense. drob better overall player. drob a better overall offensive contributer due to his athleticism.

thankfully basketball is 5 on 5.

again, zebo is better offensive player than blake griffin. doesn't mean zebo is better than griffin.

So you agree Robinson is better on both ends of the court than Yao.

Glad we got that cleared up.

Lmao! Yao averaged 25 and 9.4 in 33.8 mins in 48 games that year. How would his PPG go up by 2 and his rebounds go up 0.5?

yao avged

november - 25.7
december - 26.1

misses january & feb

march - 22.8 (because he missed friggin 2 months)
april - 26.3 (shooting 56.9%)

notice the trend? i remember everybody was saying yao will end up avg 27pts that year. he was just unstoppable. if he didn't miss those games, he would've kept going and going.

and year after he would've entered his true prime. and would've had 5 years of dominant stretch.

i'm just speculating, but yao was that good. he started to realize he was a bad boy. he no longer acted like a humble chinese guy. he started to curse, started to say 'you can't stop me'. he was on a verge of becoming a true elite center offensively.

just too bad what happened to him.

again, i'm sure this draft is only about the peak, not career. yao never even reached his peak. he barely entered his prime and his body just broke apart. 7ft 6 frame was his curse.

skills, skills, skills.

Last edited:
Shaq
Kareem
Hakeem
Robinson
Ewing

Which of these five do you think Yao was better than offensively?

Kinda disappointed you named Ewing and not Chamberlain tbh.

I don't like either of these teams at all.

giving it to joel for the jordan oscar combo.

You said he had limited touches?

yes. by yao's standard. 17.1 fga was his peak. could've been easily 20-21 fga if tmac wasn't there and played 40 min instead of 33.8 min. so it is limited touches nonetheless. if yao was 3 inches shorter with better stamina, we are talking about kareem like prolific scorer. just too bad he had to be so damn tall. his short reach actually helped him alot. his soft touch was due to his normal sized wingspan and delicate hands.

Kinda disappointed you named Ewing and not Chamberlain tbh.

I don't like either of these teams at all.

giving it to joel for the jordan oscar combo.

yao is ahead of wilt in terms of pure offensive skill set. like shaq, wilt was just a pure dominant force. wilt's dominance was finesse+power inside. wilt did have 14-15 ft hook shots, but wilt didn't shoot jumpers. he didn't have to.

wilt didn't need crafty footwork. wilt didn't need to fake anybody. he just came right at you and there is not a thing you could do about it.

maybe i should've said top 5-6 skilled center. wilt with 3 moves is better than yao with 15 different moves. think this way, mchale would teach master class on post moves, footworks, using leverage etc. karl would be his student at best. mchale had no equal in his position when it comes to pure offensive skill.

yes. by yao's standard. 17.1 fga was his peak. could've been easily 20-21 fga if tmac wasn't there and played 40 min instead of 33.8 min. so it is limited touches nonetheless. if yao was 3 inches shorter with better stamina, we are talking about kareem like prolific scorer. just too bad he had to be so damn tall. his short reach actually helped him alot. his soft touch was due to his normal sized wingspan and delicate hands.

Imagine if he played 48 minutes a game!!!!!!!!

Jordan isn't even going to be able to do anything. Yao is going to be in the middle clogging up the paint.

yao is ahead of wilt in terms of pure offensive skill set. like shaq, wilt was just a pure dominant force. wilt's dominance was finesse+power inside. wilt did have 14-15 ft hook shots, but wilt didn't shoot jumpers. he didn't have to.

wilt didn't need crafty footwork. wilt didn't need to fake anybody. he just came right at you and there is not a thing you could do about it.

maybe i should've said top 5-6 skilled center. wilt with 3 moves is better than yao with 15 different moves. think this way, mchale would teach master class on post moves, footworks, using leverage etc. karl would be his student at best. mchale had no equal in his position when it comes to pure offensive skill.

Stop it, you're just trolling now.

U should just stop

U should just stop

i'm pretty much the biggest wilt homer you will find. but let's face it. wilt didn't have diverse offense repertoire like yao did. if you put a gun to my face and make me to pick the greatest center of all time, i would put wilt ahead of kareem & russell. yao wouldn't even make my top 15. but yao is still far more skilled than wilt ever was offensively.

pretty much the best footwork ever by anybody who's 7ft 1 or taller. pau comes close, but pau is 7ft 1/2 inch.

you bozos are mistaking talent vs. skill.

melo is far more skilled offensively than lebron ever will be. but bron is better offensive player. grasp this concept or don't talk basketball.

and i'm sure many of you said wilt would avg 25-28/15-17 in today's game. and wilt would probably play 40 min because of his retarded stamina. talk about double standards.

healthy yao would've been 27pt guy per 36 for 5-6 year stretch in this era.

This one is neck and neck. Only one vote separating them at the moment. I voted for Hack for two reasons -

#1. I really like his five starters better than Joel's. Jordan and Robertson are an epic backcourt, but in terms of the whole lineup, I have to go with Robinson, Barkley, Carter, Wade and Payton. Damn. Plus he absolutely stole Wes Unseld and Dennis Rodman late in the draft to spell Sir Charles. That starting five just stomps 3 of Joel's starters - Yao, Griffin and AK47. A fairly significant part of my criteria is "which starting lineup do I like the best?" For that, Hack wins my vote easily.

#2. That defense! Damn again. Give this team to a guy like Tom Thibodeau and they'd be a perennial contender. They're still good enough to score, but they match up very well defensively with just about any of these teams. I think that Joel did a great job (especially considering that he didn't make any trades) but I'd rather face him in the next round than Hack. So Hack got my vote.

yao is better and has a quicker feet than bill cartwright, luc longley, and bill wennington.
After presenting this "game changing" information, I'm sold, you've proved your point...YAO is the greatest ever. I'm glad you showed me the light.