What's new

Andrei wants to stay in Utah after 2011

Id be happy with 24 million over 3 years. If he wanted a 4th year would have to ask him to take less.

Unless AK plays in the playoffs AND makes an impact(which he has'nt done last 5 years),talking about giving him all that money is a little presumptious.
The guy has'nt had one impactful playoff series in the last 4 years where we have been getting our butts kicked around while he made MAX money, and you all want to hand him a 8-9 mil/yr contract already? Is it just the fanboyism taking over I wonder.
Let him show what he is made of against the Lakers this year. I could care less what he does in the regular season.
He has to really earn his contract in the playoffs. And even then, it should be modestly priced, considering his durability or lack thereof.

I really don't know how I feel about this.

Only at a much, much lower price I guess.

More AK doesn't really seem very enticing...

Unless AK plays in the playoffs AND makes an impact(which he has'nt done last 5 years),talking about giving him all that money is a little presumptious.
The guy has'nt had one impactful playoff series in the last 4 years where we have been getting our butts kicked around while he made MAX money, and you all want to hand him a 8-9 mil/yr contract already? Is it just the fanboyism taking over I wonder.
Let him show what he is made of against the Lakers this year. I could care less what he does in the regular season.
He has to really earn his contract in the playoffs. And even then, it should be modestly priced, considering his durability or lack thereof.

That is not that much money. Look at what other teams are paying average players around the league. Rudy Gay and Joe Johnson got MAX deals and aren't even great players. Joaqim Noah, a pure hustle player with no tangible skills, just got $12 million a year. JJ frickin Reddick ended up getting around 7 million a year. The Jazz only have $6 million to spend even with AK off the books, cant upgrade through FA.

There are only two conditions the Jazz should pass on AK, and that is if Jeremy Evans has a very impressive rookie campaign or CJ Miles finally gets it. I think we agree both of those are long shots.

That is not that much money. Look at what other teams are paying average players around the league. Rudy Gay and Joe Johnson got MAX deals and aren't even great players. Joaqim Noah, a pure hustle player with no tangible skills, just got $12 million a year. JJ frickin Reddick ended up getting around 7 million a year. The Jazz only have $6 million to spend even with AK off the books, cant upgrade through FA.

There are only two conditions the Jazz should pass on AK, and that is if Jeremy Evans has a very impressive rookie campaign or CJ Miles finally gets it. I think we agree both of those are long shots.

You forgot Hayward. If any of the three young wings-Hayward, Thomson, Evans pan out then the Jazz can even consider dumping Miles for a pick(unless he has a breakout season) and saving themselves 6-7 mil this year, including LT penalities. That will give them some more dough to deal with AK this offseason. Just a thought.

That's nice. He can live here if he wants. Just as long as he doesn't play here.

Kirilenko sucks. I'd much rather watch an average (young) player with potential play hard for most of the season than watch AK47 miss half the season due to injury. then miss half the games he's healthy for pouting at Deron for not getting the ball and turning the ball over in his worthless weak out of control euro drives praying for the refs to bail him out with a foul call.

Kirilenko sucks. He hurts this team just as much as he helps it.

That's nice. He can live here if he wants. Just as long as he doesn't play here.

Kirilenko sucks. I'd much rather watch an average (young) player with potential play hard for most of the season than watch AK47 miss half the season due to injury. then miss half the games he's healthy for pouting at Deron for not getting the ball and turning the ball over in his worthless weak out of control euro drives praying for the refs to bail him out with a foul call.

Kirilenko sucks. He hurts this team just as much as he helps it.

Oh, do you mean the same euro drives that AK finished at 70% eFG% last year? What does that say for our supposed #1 inside player Boozer, who converted his Americano ones only at 67%?
The few AK haters just blow hot air, with their key argument ALWAYS being "he sucks" or "he pouts".

Oh, do you mean the same euro drives that AK finished at 70% eFG% last year? What does that say for our supposed #1 inside player Boozer, who converted his Americano ones only at 67%?
The few AK haters just blow hot air, with their key argument ALWAYS being "he sucks" or "he pouts".

I'll make the argument that he is a mentally weak, physically weak ***** who cries like a little bitch on television.

Few things have been more destructive to the club than this wrongly angled, poorly haired, gangly albatross making max money while preoccupying himself Starcraft II, World of Warcraft and Russian literature to the detriment of his game. Which has remained stagnant for how many years now?

Huh?

Did you mean FT percentage? Because Kirilenko didn't have anywhere near a 70% FG percentage. Boozer's was however somewhat close to 67 %.....

Besides, what's your point? Most fans admit that he pouts. Even Deron Williams admitted that AK pouts. Mentally weak, dude, how many other NBA players have you seen cry on national TV about their lack of touches? Have you even seem him play for the last 6 years? He's one of the weakest players on the team.

Combine that with his insane contract and declining athletic skills... Yikes... I can't wait for AK47 to be off the team. We'll then hopefully be able to put in a typical SF that can drive and shoot while playing decent position defense instead of one that is virtually no threat offensively and takes way too many gambles. I know Brewer and Kirilenko got a lot of dunks and steals, but I'll take Wes Matthews's physical and tough position defense over those two any day.

I think that if AK only made 3-4 mil per year all of his antics up to this point would be a non-factor. It's hard to stomach his crap however when he's the highest paid player on the team and has hamstrung the club from making any additional transactions of great impact.

That being said, I'd love to keep AK around but not for more than 4-5 mil per year. He'll never settle for this however so we may as well say goodbye now.

I'll make the argument that he is a mentally weak, physically weak ***** who cries like a little bitch on television.

Few things have been more destructive to the club than this wrongly angled, poorly haired, gangly albatross making max money while preoccupying himself Starcraft II, World of Warcraft and Russian literature to the detriment of his game. Which has remained stagnant for how many years now?

Your argument might get a quick laugh at some Saturday night amateur standup gig but in reality don't affect his game at all. I'm pretty playing Starcraft II is less detrimental to his game than hitting the clubs til 3 AM on off nights like most players do.

Thank you LW, I get tired of explaining the simplest of stats over and over.

LOL.

That doesn't prove anything other than your stats are bunch of dog ****.

Using your stats, AK47 has a higher inside FG percentage than Shaq, Duncan, Boozer, Millsap, Dwight Howard, Brook Lopez(far better than Brook), Bogut, Amare, Gasol, Nene, and Andrew Bynum.

In fact, CJ has a higher inside FG percentage than Bogut, Lopez, and Shaq. Therefore, CJ Miles must be a better finisher, right?

Using your logic, AK47 is a better inside shooter/finisher than those proven post players listed above.

So you might want to forget using 82games.com for a while. Using that website can help you come up with some pretty outrageous opinions (such as the one you tried to post) while leaving you exposed like I just did to you.

That's ok though. I'm just a blind hater that blows hot air, right? You're the one with the rock solid stats! LOL!!!!

It's ok if you don't respond to this message, I understand. Being blown away hurts sometimes.

Last edited:
LOL.

That doesn't prove anything other than your stats are bunch of dog ****.

Using your stats, AK47 has a higher inside FG percentage than Shaq, Duncan, Boozer, Millsap, Dwight Howard, Brook Lopez(far better than Brook), Bogut, Amare, Gasol, Nene, and Andrew Bynum.

In fact, CJ has a higher inside FG percentage than Bogut, Lopez, and Shaq. Therefore, CJ Miles must be a better finisher, right?

Using your logic, AK47 is a better inside shooter/finisher than those proven post players listed above.

So you might want to forget using 82games.com for a while. Using that website can help you come up with some pretty outrageous opinions (such as the one you tried to post) while leaving you exposed like I just did to you.

That's ok though. I'm just a blind hater that blows hot air, right? You're the one with the rock solid stats! LOL!!!!

It's ok if you don't respond to this message, I understand. Being blown away hurts sometimes.

The stat includes free throws on those inside attempts, and in case you didnt notice AK draws ALOT of fouls inside and generally makes both his free throws. If you want to use pure FG% he is probably lower than Shaq, Howard, Duncan, etc but since free throws count as points eFG% is a better indicator of effectiveness. You can't win an argument against cold hard facts, and thats all I'm presenting here.

Your argument might get a quick laugh at some Saturday night amateur standup gig but in reality don't affect his game at all. I'm pretty playing Starcraft II is less detrimental to his game than hitting the clubs til 3 AM on off nights like most players do.

Doesn't change the fact that he is making max money while he couldn't give a **** about basketball and has never worked on his game other than half-hearted attempts in the weight room and launching a few jumpers with Hornacek.

The stat includes free throws on those inside attempts, and in case you didnt notice AK draws ALOT of fouls inside and generally makes both his free throws. If you want to use pure FG% he is probably lower than Shaq, Howard, Duncan, etc but since free throws count as points eFG% is a better indicator of effectiveness. You can't win an argument against cold hard facts, and thats all I'm presenting here.

Ummmmm I did use the eFG%.

So if you admit that eFG% is a better indicator of effectiveness then you admit that I'm right. AK47 has a much higher eFG% than all those players I listed above.

Thanks!