What's new

Anxiety

That's funny! Part of the reason I stopped at 4 was because it didn't matter how many stool softeners (ya, spelled it wrong, bite me) I took, I was still giving birth to a watermelon every three days. Mix in some spicy food along the way, and you've got a burning problem.

Truer words have never been written on JF.

/forum

Well, tried a triple dose of kava. 3 full eyedroppers. Other than a very numb tongue, nothing. Not one thing. It did make me slightly sick to my stomach, but that was it. Very disappointed. Guess I will just be sticking to chamomile tea for now.

Don't know what this thread is about but I take a bar a day to deal with this **** and I hope thTs as much as I'll ever need!

For my anxiety I take 100 mg of Sertraline(Zoloft) daily, and .5 mg Alprazolam(Xanax) PRN(as needed) up to three times daily. My psychiatrist has offered to up the dose of Sertraline, but I don't like the idea of being on medication in the first place so I try to keep it as low as possible. I've had pretty good luck with this level, so I've decided to stick here.

I exhibit 5 of the 6 major types of anxiety disorders. You can find these here:

https://www.helpguide.org/mental/anxiety_types_symptoms_treatment.htm

During the good times, when things are going appropriately, I go a few weeks at a time without the Xanax. During the bad times, I've taken 3 a day for up to 4 days in a row. Previous to medical treatments, at times I'd be so afraid of social events I'd only leave home to go to the gas station or grocery store. Yes, that includes a stint from 05-07 where at times I couldn't bring myself to go in to work. I generally don't go out in a public to functions that would subject me to a crowd. The concept of "a person is smart but people are dumb" is instilled in my brain to the furthest extent, and it's my most common stressor.

Since starting this regiment It's gotten easier to be "normal", and I can now oft enjoy functions I'm in a large group of people. Like the zoo, aviary, aquarium, movies, and even the mall(non-holiday season only). I'm still working up to going to a Jazz game in person.. but it may take a while.

Just stumbled across this and wanted to ask how the Zoloft made you feel? For me, it made me feel so much worse. I am trying to go med free other than xannys during an panny and it's been working well for me. Does suck that suddenly I feel like vomiting every time i am in a meeting or a conference. Have issues at sporting events and theater now as well. Sucks. Only have gone to a few rev games this year as I am having real issueS with being "confined". Wasting does this year yos!

Just stumbled across this and wanted to ask how the Zoloft made you feel? For me, it made me feel so much worse. I am trying to go med free other than xannys during an panny and it's been working well for me. Does suck that suddenly I feel like vomiting every time i am in a meeting or a conference. Have issues at sporting events and theater now as well. Sucks. Only have gone to a few rev games this year as I am having real issueS with being "confined". Wasting does this year yos!

Without Zoloft, I'm in a constant state of unease. About what? anything and everything, but it always ends up a feeling of inadequacy(non-phallical, tbh). Like I'll not be prepared for something, or won't add up to expectations. It's like that portion of a normal brain that helps you compartmentalize is much, much smaller. Or maybe it's just much, much easier to access. Some people have a chip on their shoulder about their crappy jumpshot, or how they want to lose 10 lbs. I have a huge chip on my shoulder about if I worthy to be alive or not.

Zoloft simply fills in that chip on my shoulder. Makes me realize those things I'm constantly fretting over that lead to startlingly high levels of anxiety aren't a big deal at all, and that if they're important, I'll be able to handle them appropriately.

Note that it took about a month of taking it for it to really trigger in my brain. And during that month, it did make things more difficult. But after that month I'm almost normal. Which is amazeballs.