What's new

Game Thread Apr 02, 2021 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Bulls

Added to Calendar: 04-02-21

web2000_saltlakecity_skyline_spring_jay_dash_photography_img_3274_full_large.jpg

Perfect day for a Jazz game?

web2000_saltlakecity_skyline_spring_jay_dash_photography_img_3274_full_large.jpg

Perfect day for a Jazz game?

Every day...... any day..... is perfect for a Jazz game.

What's wrong with this pic?

Sundown, not sunrise.

The leaves are out, the snow the mountains says late April after a good snowy winter. Can you see the three fingers on the northwest face of Lone Peak? Oldtime irrigation farmers used that to predict flood peak in springtime. There's a tiny white dot at the point where those channels converge in this pic, the general snow level is a few hundred feet higher, about where there's ice in the three channels. So, late April.

This pic was taken during some wet weather, moving in phase. Today it's totally clear.

This pic was taken from Emsogm P:eak, well above the Capitol at a point about 100 West if that street went up the hill. And last of all, my main point, it does not focus on Vivint Arena.

I'm sure we can do better. Hey, let's have a contest for those of us who can still climb a hill and carry a camera. Let's get a shot of the J azz home. In the year they won it all.

We could use it on the Jazz Fans front page.

I was looking for a flock of birds in that picture. Lol

We'd need a pic facing West from here to see the birds. Migratory birds coming through this time of year. Geese, snow geese, everything. The SL Airport is located in the middle of their traditional resting grounds in the nonsaline marshes on the SE arm where the Jordan River empties into the lake. Great place for an airport.

There's actually no flat place in Utah, except for the West Desert, that doesn't have that fact. Springtime runoffs under every mountain. There are migratory bird refuges on all four corners of the Great Salt Lake, if we count the Airport as a bird refuge. Then there's Antelope Island twenty miles NW of there.

Fish Springs in the middle of the West Desert is the largest I think, on the edge of the Salt Flats, fed by artesian springs, which also exist all the way around the Salt Flats.

A little further south, the farmers around Delta, Utah...... where the Sevier River tries to reach the usually dry Sevier Lake, they have the Snow Goose Festival . You see the big birds on the West Side of Utah Lake as well.

On my place I see the Air Force flying at treetop level. The Air Force brass comes around to take ground pics every now and then. They tell me it's so they can program missiles to miss me. I ask them to take pics of my cows, too.

I still have all kinds of migratory birds including geese land here for a day.

I think the bulls have lost every game since they made the trade for nikola vucevic. Only like 2 games but still

Well that not a good opening play

Right on bogey. Post up, no turnover, and a bucket

Great job Rudy!

Bogey again. Lavine cant handle that size

Donovan with jet lag