Game Thread Apr 05, 2021 05:00PM MT: Jazz at Mavericks

Added to Calendar: 04-05-21

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
Didn’t Donovan miss both games before? We should run away with this one. I predict we’ll play so well that Quin is going to be pissed. Royce is probably going for a career high, if Quin doesn’t pull him before that.

Thejazzkickazz

If the Jazz are not playing at playoff intensity level over the next three games, they might as well fold it up and go home. These are going to be statement games, and will have consequences in terms of where all of these teams end up in the seedings. Every player needs to step it up and take these games seriously. They won’t get many more opportunities like this for the rest of the regular season.

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
If the Jazz are not playing at playoff intensity level over the next three games, they might as well fold it up and go home. These are going to be statement games, and will have consequences in terms of where all of these teams end up in the seedings. Every player needs to step it up and take these games seriously. They won’t get many more opportunities like this for the rest of the regular season.
I feel I have a good sense of when we’ll come out flat and suck. I’m not feeling it this game. If I’m wrong, my detector is terrible.

Hekate

Didn’t Donovan miss both games before? We should run away with this one. I predict we’ll play so well that Quin is going to be pissed. Royce is probably going for a career high, if Quin doesn’t pull him before that.
They are humming, though. They were pretty bad to start, too many injuries and players missing due to Covid. They are also undefeated in the Nicolo Melli era.

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
They are humming, though. They were pretty bad to start, too many injuries and players missing due to Covid. They are also undefeated in the Nicolo Melli era.
That's alright. Being "almost undefeated in the Nicolo Melli era" is also a respectable feat.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
That's alright. Being "almost undefeated in the Nicolo Melli era" is also a respectable feat.
Dallas is playing much better now so I expect them to put up a decent effort. i think we win but those previous games were UGLY (well for Dallas).

If they had JJ Barea I'd predict it is a close win with JJ inexplicably scoring 20 points and drawing at least 6 offensive fouls.

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
Maxi Kleber could kill us with more minutes. Stop him and win the game.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Bad for us. He’s also afraid of Rudy.
Its good and bad... Zinger is the way they could potentially give us problems hypothetically. He's mostly terrible but if he has a hot night he can drag Rudy out of the paint consistently. Kleber can do the same things but isn't as good a shooter... better at the other stuff.

I think this is overall a slight negative. Unless Luka and Hardaway have great games I think they hosed.