What's new

Game Thread Apr 05, 2021 05:00PM MT: Jazz at Mavericks

Added to Calendar: 04-05-21

To kick off this game thread I will bring the this season's ramdon statistic that I like the most. Miye Oni Win %.
In 35 games Oni played, Jazz won 32 or 91,43%. That's good for 2nd in NBA History for players with 30+ games, behind Chris Andersen whom won 39 in 42 (92,9%) playing for the Heat in 12-13 season.
To pass Andersen and be 1st all time, Oni would have to play and win another 8 games and obviously no losses, as one loss move the percentage ~2,5% down. I guess the hard part of this are the final games of the season where the Jazz will already have secured the 1st place overall and reserves/third unit will be getting more minutes, I assume. Until then Oni will likely play only on blowout wins (very common theses days) or losses (very rare). It's possible, but very unlikely.

I'm so excited for this week! Mavs, Suns and Blazers. I got bored of us beating up on ****** teams and can't wait to finally play some of the best teams in the west. I'll be happy if we can win 2 of these next 3.

I'm so excited for this week! Mavs, Suns and Blazers. I got bored of us beating up on ****** teams and can't wait to finally play some of the best teams in the west. I'll be happy if we can win 2 of these next 3.
Agreed. Should be informative even if it isn't fun.

I wish someone were here to tell us if this is a must-win game or not. As of right now, we have no idea! Could be a trap game.

I wish someone were here to tell us if this is a must-win game or not. As of right now, we have no idea! Could be a trap game.
I don’t know if it’s a must-win game, but I know in the private coach’s forum, Quin is saying that this is a must-not-get-triple-double-or-break-records game. But he says that every game so I dunno.

You say that the Jazz have been beating up on ****** teams, but consider this...Memphis is 6-3 in their last nine games. All three losses were to the Jazz. So other than playing against the Jazz steamroller, the Grizzlies are a pretty good team lately. It just seems like the Jazz have been beating upon ****** teams because the Jazz are so damned good. Not all of the opponents have been ******, however.

Just a reminder that Rudy is averaging 24 and 16 against the Mavs this year. Also, it appears that Conley is OUT for tonight.

You say that the Jazz have been beating up on ****** teams, but consider this...Memphis is 6-3 in their last nine games. All three losses were to the Jazz. So other than playing against the Jazz steamroller, the Grizzlies are a pretty good team lately. It just seems like the Jazz have been beating upon ****** teams because the Jazz are so damned good. Not all of the opponents have been ******, however.

All I meant by my post was that I'm really excited to watch us play some of the best teams in the west this week and I'm looking forward to what should be really good, competitive games. I didn't mean to minimize how good the Jazz have been.

Last edited:
Just a reminder that Rudy is averaging 24 and 16 against the Mavs this year. Also, it appears that Conley is OUT for tonight.

Are you sure about Conley? None of the Jazz reporters have tweeted anything about him being out tonight.

I don’t know if it’s a must-win game, but I know in the private coach’s forum, Quin is saying that this is a must-not-get-triple-double-or-break-records game. But he says that every game so I dunno.
I can confirm this is a must win game. Plan will be to play the starters 38+ minutes if we are up 20+ and there are no potential records up for grabs and if Rick Carlisle doesn’t look too sad about how far down they are.

Didn’t Donovan miss both games before? We should run away with this one. I predict we’ll play so well that Quin is going to be pissed. Royce is probably going for a career high, if Quin doesn’t pull him before that.

If the Jazz are not playing at playoff intensity level over the next three games, they might as well fold it up and go home. These are going to be statement games, and will have consequences in terms of where all of these teams end up in the seedings. Every player needs to step it up and take these games seriously. They won’t get many more opportunities like this for the rest of the regular season.

If the Jazz are not playing at playoff intensity level over the next three games, they might as well fold it up and go home. These are going to be statement games, and will have consequences in terms of where all of these teams end up in the seedings. Every player needs to step it up and take these games seriously. They won’t get many more opportunities like this for the rest of the regular season.
I feel I have a good sense of when we’ll come out flat and suck. I’m not feeling it this game. If I’m wrong, my detector is terrible.

Didn’t Donovan miss both games before? We should run away with this one. I predict we’ll play so well that Quin is going to be pissed. Royce is probably going for a career high, if Quin doesn’t pull him before that.
They are humming, though. They were pretty bad to start, too many injuries and players missing due to Covid. They are also undefeated in the Nicolo Melli era.

They are humming, though. They were pretty bad to start, too many injuries and players missing due to Covid. They are also undefeated in the Nicolo Melli era.
That's alright. Being "almost undefeated in the Nicolo Melli era" is also a respectable feat.

That's alright. Being "almost undefeated in the Nicolo Melli era" is also a respectable feat.
Dallas is playing much better now so I expect them to put up a decent effort. i think we win but those previous games were UGLY (well for Dallas).

If they had JJ Barea I'd predict it is a close win with JJ inexplicably scoring 20 points and drawing at least 6 offensive fouls.