What's new

Game Thread Apr 17, 2021 02:30PM MT: Jazz at Lakers

Added to Calendar: 04-17-21

I'd love to see Hughes play. Kid looks comfortable and polished. Would have been a good game for him to get some burn tonight.

I

I think we will lose number one seed with Mitchell being out some games but resting players is garbage Karl Malone and John Stockton never missed games for rest these player now days are princesses

problem is this season is back to freakin back games like crazy

I

I think we will lose number one seed with Mitchell being out some games but resting players is garbage Karl Malone and John Stockton never missed games for rest these player now days are princesses
To be fair the past season and the condense season this year are different circumstances than when Stockton and Malone played.

I

Things change.

The Jazz are one team in a league where other teams rest players. The teams that have most aggressively rested players have also been some of the most successful teams over the last 10+ years. So... Just like shooting the 3 ball, they didn't used to do it like this, but now they do and if you want to be competitive you better figure out how your team fits in this current reality.

I think we will see changes in the next year. I think Mr. Smith and Mr. Wade gonna be sending Mr. Lindsey to Mr. Retirement Home.
The same Mr Lindsey who built the best team in the nba?
Would probably be the first time that the GM of the best team in the nba has been fired.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

My thoughts about the game. First cannot complain about the effort. Having to comeback from 12 down left nothing in the tank for OT. I have said this before and I will say it again. Royce is overrated as an on the ball defender. He was totally out of position on the last play. You cannot let the guy get to the basket. He was turned side ways and Dennis S. just blew by him. Royce is a backup and not a starter on a championship team. He is a lunch pail guy, rebounds well and hustles but he is not a starter.
I love Quin but the fact that he does not use his challenges is perplexing. I wish the media would ask him what his reasoning is for not using them.
Jazz need great games from JC, Bogy and Jingles but they got good games not great but they were right there for the win. I am not disappointed in the loss because I expected a blowout due to all the Jazz players missing. In one way it was a win, Jazz showed some toughness coming back in the fourth.

I was disappointed again that Hughes didn't get off the bench. This would have been the perfect game to do so. How can he be any worse than Matt Thomas? Forest and Brantley blew their opportunities to impress. Morgan had his moments and I would rather keep him than re-sign Niang. I think he can be a backup PF/C in this league. Hopefully, the results will be different on Monday with Rudy and Mike back. I still hate losing to the Lakers but I am proud of the effort.

If we really wanted to win why did we rest half our team? I get lost managing. But it felt like today really was a throw away game. And if we’re gonna throw it away, why play aging Jingles so much time? Hell, Hughes got zero burn
I think we wanted to win but we also didn't think it was the most important game in franchise history.
I bet we thought that we could win without Rudy, Mike, don, and favors and so we tried to win cause winning is good. We were right too. Had the lead with only a few seconds left.

Thanks spurs, for helping us keep our precarious lead over the suns!
Agreed. Though even if the suns would have won we would still have the number 1 seed and a lead over the suns.

Just want to make sure, Don’t the Suns own the tie breaker over us?
Yes. I presume if we beat them in our last meeting then we should get the #1 (not from the tie breaker), but losing to them could be a big swing.

I didn't know all of the Knicks starters were out in that game. Truly impressive given that context.

No, we didn't have many injuries, but what do you think we were out there with -- Ewing, Bernard King, Walt Clyde Frazier, Melo, and Willis Reed?

Uhh, we were out there with washouts, poor draft picks, and incredibly young inexperienced players. And we still beat the Holy Hell out of the Lakers.

Quit making excuses for your team. They got humiliated on national TV by the Lakers -- a team we humiliated. If you think the Jazz are better than the Knicks you really don't follow basketball. In our last games we are 5-0, you are 0-1. I'd rather be us. And deep down, so would you.