What's new

Game Thread Apr 23, 2022 02:30PM MT: Jazz vs. Mavericks - Game 4

Added to Calendar: 04-23-22

I think Luka sits G4. Gives him more rest and they will like their chances of taking 2 of 3 at home even if they go back tied.

Remember that stint after Donovan came back from his concussion when he was playing some of the best defense of his career and was giving great effort on that end of the floor? That was fun while it lasted.

View: https://twitter.com/Boweman55/status/1517554435823652866

View: https://twitter.com/MoDakhil_NBA/status/1517335948740104193?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1517336264051109888%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es3_&ref_url=

He also couldn't miss from 3. He was playing his best basketball of the season. Last night? No defense and 1-8 from three. Maybe he needed to get concussed again right before the end of the season so he would be ready to go when game one arrived lol.

Funny how this thread turned into a Donovan bitch fest.

Remember, the Rudy defense is actually the issue. You know, the one where Rudy's guy went 4-5 from 3 in the first half. You know, the 5 out lineup that totally exposes our Rudy system?

Donovan's defense sucks/sucked but we aren't losing because of it. We are losing because the Rudy system has been exposed and he is even getting in the way on offense.

But hey, keep on blaming your scapegoat

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Remember, the Rudy defense is actually the issue. You know, the one where Rudy's guy went 4-5 from 3 in the first half. You know, the 5 out lineup that totally exposes our Rudy system?

Donovan's defense sucks/sucked but we aren't losing because of it. We are losing because the Rudy system has been exposed and he is even getting in the way on offense.

Quin's smrt. He tells everybody so. Why can't he design plays that burn the Mavs when they go small? I mean totally singes them?

The problem here is that every time you say “the Rudy system,” you fail to be talking about Rudy. You can’t superimpose Rudy’s image over Quin’s doing. And, to a fairly large extent, Donovan’s defensive deficiencies also have many Quin fingerprints on them.

Remember, the Rudy defense is actually the issue. You know, the one where Rudy's guy went 4-5 from 3 in the first half.

This is such a moronic post even by your standards.

Lopo sees a guy drive by Mitchell with no resistance, sees Rudy forced to come help, sees the ball get passed to "Rudy's guy" as a result, and sees "Rudy's guy" get the wide open 3, and thinks Rudy's defense is the issue.

I just think we’ve gotten ourselves to an interesting place… where we think a team getting back a top ten player will help us. I’m not disagreeing I’m just saying this is where we are.
It’s weird for sure, but if I could go back, I’d take Kawhi in the whole series because I know how the alternative ended. We’re close to knowing how this alternate storyline ends.

The problem here is that every time you say “the Rudy system,” you fail to be talking about Rudy. You can’t superimpose Rudy’s image over Quin’s doing. And, to a fairly large extent, Donovan’s defensive deficiencies also have many Quin fingerprints on them.
Don shouldn't be guarding their 1st or 2nd option especially since he has to be our offensive catalyst.

Quin has let us down. The FO has let us down. Everybody including Rudy is getting smoked.

But the same clowns always turn it into a Donovan Mitchell whining session. It's like a dam middle school cafeteria in here.

Zach Lowe even busted Quins chops a bit in his pod. “Hoping it doesn’t work out the same way as before isn’t a strategy”. Said if they lose they should consider a full blow up and then had a frustrated “I can’t do this anymore” that felt like it came straight from my soul.

This team is broken… duct taping together some half *** retool will leave us getting junk yard value for the parts left over… not to mention a repair bill. Do it now in one big offseason and take the pain but get a premium for it.