What's new

Game Thread Apr 23, 2022 02:30PM MT: Jazz vs. Mavericks - Game 4

Added to Calendar: 04-23-22

As good as this feels the team still has some serious work to do. That third quarter was brutal. Giving up 39 points is a no-no. I would bet Vegas still has the Mavs a heavy favorite to win the series. But eff it. The Jazz did what they needed to do. They not ded. Conley can you come back to the living?

The best part was seeing Royce throw a little fit when quin chose House to close it out

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz
Wait, what? Who was in? I guess I wasn’t paying attention and assumed House went in for Clarkson.

Winning game 4 is great, but they still had trouble defending properly. More often than not, there's not enough intensity. They don't recover fast enough. Opponents get far too many open 3s.

As good as this feels the team still has some serious work to do. That third quarter was brutal. Giving up 39 points is a no-no. I would bet Vegas still has the Mavs a heavy favorite to win the series. But eff it. The Jazz did what they needed to do. They not ded. Conley can you come back to the living?

It’s basically a pick-em on FanDuel right now.

That Rudy Gobert free throw stretch of the game was a weird stretch. I mean it didn't really work cause he was missing them. But it kinda worked too. Dallas was getting in foul trouble and in the penalty, they couldn't get into a rythm, and they always had to go against our set defense. No running for them during that stretch. If Gobert hit his free throws at his normal 70% clip (he is having a career high year from the line) then we win easy.
Very interesting and strange part of the game.

Yeah he is dope not flawless but he just tries to give his team all that he's got. Sometimes it's doing too much. But tonight it was perfect.
He has been pretty much perfect all series. And his defense was good tonight too.

7 assists by DM to lead the team today with that crucial pass to Rudy to save the season. PG Mitchell is inevitable
Should have happened 5 years ago. He is too small to be a 2 guard and having another pg (who are usually small as well) out there at the same time was always a horrible idea.

That Rudy Gobert free throw stretch of the game was a weird stretch. I mean it didn't really work cause he was missing them. But it kinda worked too. Dallas was getting in foul trouble and in the penalty, they couldn't get into a rythm, and they always had to go against our set defense. No running for them during that stretch. If Gobert hit his free throws at his normal 70% clip (he is having a career high year from the line) then we win easy.
Very interesting and strange part of the game.
I can't remember the exact year of the quote but Sloan said during the playoffs you need to know that the rules are no autopsy no foul and play hard D every possession.