What's new

Game Thread Apr 28, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Kings Official

Added to Calendar: 04-28-21

We were so far ahead that I finally turned the game off. I was stunned to look at the box score and see Thomas with 17 points on 7-7 shooting. I've really been pulling for him so I'm glad to see him finally break out of his slump.

Nervous?

The Jazz are going to get crushed Friday. Not much to be nervous about. If the Jazz can even make it a game I'll be happy. No Conley/Mitchell vs CP3/Booker make it basically impossible.
As far as make it a game goes, I will be surprised if the jazz dont keep it close. I think they have been blown out once this entire season. When they lose, its close.
Its actually incredible when you look at scores each night and there are always a bunch of blowouts but the jazz are never on the receiving end of a blowout. (except once this season)
Hell tonight there were 4 blowouts in the nba (one by 44 and one by 49). Its impressive that the jazz are always in every game.

Some fun box score numbers:
team shot 64% from the field and 58.5% from 3 and 95.2% from the line.
8 players in double figures.
Bogey was a plus 37.
Rudy with 5 blocks, zero turnovers and zero fouls.
No starter played 30 minutes. (no bench player played 30 minutes either)
12 players played more than 10 minutes.
Thomas with 17 points in 9 minutes lol
Brantley with 13 points in 12 minutes
Haliburton was a minus 42

Illyasova has looked awesome. Nice to know that we can go big if need be and play him next to gobert or favors against a big team like the lakers.
Also could go small and play him at the 5. He provides some nice versatility. Good on both ends. Veteran. Seems to have a good bbiq.

Nervous?

The Jazz are going to get crushed Friday. Not much to be nervous about. If the Jazz can even make it a game I'll be happy. No Conley/Mitchell vs CP3/Booker make it basically impossible.

Jazz should hold out several players, take the loss, and win the other game on the back-to-back.

I think you have to really try. I wouldn't hold guys out (besides the ones who are legitimately injured)

If the Jazz really want to, they could still win 8 or 9 more games, even with the loss in Phoenix. The 1st seed is still very much in play.

If the Jazz don't really care, they can rest guys and hold off the Clippers even if they finish 6-4 or 5-5.

Nervous?

Not if we sign DWill to that 10-day. There should be enough left in the tank to come out of retirement and best Chris Paul one last time.

I feel confident that if the jazz were the team losing by 40 then there would be more posting activity on the gamethread

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
I don’t usually contribute if I don’t actually see the game. Not much suspense in that one but I would’ve loved to see our bench go off. Ilyosova particularly but even Forrest, Brantley and Thomas need chances when it counts. Mighta salvaged that 1 point loss if Snyder had a little more faith in the bench when certain starters and sixth man are that off.

Last edited:
There can't be many teams that can realistically roll a similar-sized lineup as we did at a point: Ingles, Niang, Bogey, Ersan, Gobert/Favors (can't remember which).