What's new

Game Thread Apr 30, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Suns

Added to Calendar: 04-30-21

The team hasn’t played well since Kawhi and Pushoff P stole our lunchbox a few months ago. Since then the 3s haven’t been falling and the defense has been so bad that even Boozer is laughing at us.
I'm still not as concerned. We obviously miss Donovan and his ability to create easier shots for his teammates. When shots stop falling, that also makes the defense suffer as we aren't great in transition. Having someone get all the way to the basket makes life much easier in both offense and defense. In the past we have won some games even when 3s aren't falling.

I think it's amusing when people say we beat a team shorthanded so it's no big deal, but when we lose and we're shorthanded it's the end of the world!
We were shorthanded this game, And I expected us to lose. It's not todays game that worries me, it's how mediocre we've been playing since before the ASB. We peaked way too early.

I'm still not as concerned. We obviously miss Donovan and his ability to create easier shots for his teammates. When shots stop falling, that also makes the defense suffer as we aren't great in transition. Having someone get all the way to the basket makes life much easier in both offense and defense. In the past we have won some games even when 3s aren't falling.
I think there is definitely something to be concerned about only because the Jazz look to be playing mediocre basketball. Whether that's entirely due to the injury of Mitchell ... I am skeptical because I don't think they were playing all that great even before he went out. But the most damning thing is that I can't think of the last time the Jazz actually played a strong game against a decent-ish team. Maybe that Lakers game on the 19th. However, I don't even know if that counts with how depleted the Lakers were. So, probably, Portland the night after the Phoenix loss. That was almost a month ago.

I think there is definitely something to be concerned about only because the Jazz look to be playing mediocre basketball. Whether that's entirely due to the injury of Mitchell ... I am skeptical because I don't think they were playing all that great even before he went out. But the most damning thing is that I can't think of the last time the Jazz actually played a strong game against a decent-ish team. Maybe that Lakers game on the 19th. However, I don't even know if that counts with how depleted the Lakers were. So, probably, Portland the night after the Phoenix loss. That was almost a month ago.
They could have lost a bit a focus, which I could understand given the fact that they secured a playoff spot long time ago. Can't play at the same level for 40-50 games. Also, with how unclear the last playoffs spots are, it makes no difference having the 1st or 2nd spot.

And then we began resting players and having injuries. It seems the team doesn't care about the regular season that much really. At this point we should care about getting healthy and building some rythm into the playoffs. Can't control the matchup.

Last edited:
To me, the thing that's most concerning isn't something that our record really reflects, and has nothing to do with tonight.

It's the way we play in late, back-and-forth games, against really any team. Attention to detail gets noticeably worse. Shot selection gets really bad. Ball security gets bad. Rebounding gets bad. Transition defense gets bad.

They could have lost a bit a focus, which I could understand given the fact that they secured a playoff spot long time ago. Can't play at the same level for 40-50 games. Also, with how unclear the last playoffs spots are, it makes no difference having the 1st or 2nd spot.

The Lakers have 4 b2b's left where they'll almost certainly be resting one or both of LeBron/AD. They're tied in the loss column with Dallas and Dallas has a much easier schedule and has the tiebreaker.

Losing the 1 seed is extremely likely to result in winding up in the same side of the bracket as both LA teams. "It makes no difference" is just wrong.

The Lakers have 4 b2b's left where they'll almost certainly be resting one or both of LeBron/AD. They're tied in the loss column with Dallas and Dallas has a much easier schedule and has the tiebreaker.

Losing the 1 seed is extremely likely to result in winding up in the same side of the bracket as both LA teams. "It makes no difference" is just wrong.
Too many variables and games left to really try to manipulate seeding. If there were two or three games left, maybe.

After the Houston seeding debacle a couple of seasons ago, I gave up doing the math or looking at "likely" scenarios

Too many variables and games left to really try to manipulate seeding. If there were two or three games left, maybe.

After the Houston seeding debacle a couple of seasons ago, I gave up doing the math or looking at "likely" scenarios
After the Houston seeding debacle I just concluded that whatever outcome is most likely to screw the Jazz is the most probable outcome, regardless of what any of the models say.

After the Houston seeding debacle I just concluded that whatever outcome is most likely to screw the Jazz is the most probable outcome, regardless of what any of the models say.

Agreed. This is why you should just aim for the best seed possible and stop with the cute games of potentially dropping/playing into a specific seed because it just may bite you in the ***.

It would not surprise me if the Jazz got the Lakers/Clippers winner in the second round now as the Clippers finish 3rd and the Lakers finish 6th.

Or ****, the Lakers finish 7th lmao

Hell it wouldn't surprise me if the Lakers wind up in the play-in and we play them in the 1st round.

Hahaha we indeed have bud luck.

But a CP3 tight hamstring or Luka's twisted ankle could change the whole seeding (just like it happen to us with Donovan). CP3 has missed one game the whole season...incredible.

So I just want Mike and Donovan to get healthy and the whole team to play together again. At least it seems Bogie is playing better (JC on the other hand...)

The Lakers are at full strength and just lost to a team we beat by 50

AND THE LAKERS WERE AT HOME.

So yeah, some perspective of what real disappointment is.

Everything feels very ordinary. A lot of mediocre. I want to see some fight from someone. I'm not all that into excuses to be honest. Excuses are for empty souls.

Everything feels very ordinary. A lot of mediocre. I want to see some fight from someone. I'm not all that into excuses to be honest. Excuses are for empty souls.

Excuses are for people who don't want to accept reality.

This team is too ****ing soft.