What's new

April Jazzers bring the BOOM!!

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
THE HYDRA IS BACK BABY!!

Ok here we go, embarking on another historic month, in the middle of another historic win streak.

LET'S GO JAZZ!!

We ended March on a 7-game winning streak. We are currently FIRST in the NBA at 36-11, which is on pace to be possibly the best season in Jazz history, and the team is showing no signs of slowing.

In April we have 16 games, a lot packed into a short time frame. We have 4 sets of back to backs, and we only have 2 instances of more than one day between games - 2 days to be exact.

So here is the schedule for April:

Fri Apr 2 - Chicago Bulls [W]
Sat Apr 3 - Orlando Magic [W]
Mon Apr 5 - @Dallas Mavericks [L]
Wed Apr 7 - @Phoenix Suns [L]
Thu Apr 8 - Portland Trail Blazers [W]
Sat Apr 10 - Sacramento Kings [W]
Mon Apr 12 - Washington Wizards [L]
Tue Apr 13 - Oklahoma City Thunder [W]
Fri Apr 16 - Indiana Pacers [W]
Sat Apr 17 - @Los Angeles Lakers [L]
Mon Apr 19 - @Los Angeles Lakers [W]
Wed Apr 21 - @Houston Rockets [W]
Sat Apr 24 - Minnesota Timberwolves [L]
Mon Apr 26 - @Minnesota Timberwolves [L]
Wed Apr 28 - @Sacramento Kings
Fri Apr 30 - @Phoenix Suns

Running W/L record: 8/6

So what say you JazzFanz, where do we end April?

We have some tough stretches in there. A back to back Indiana at home then @ Lakers the next night could be a nightmare if the Lakers are healthy. Also @ the Suns then Portland at home, could be a loss in Phoenix and then a trap game with Portland, who always seem to play us strong. Dame is for real. And we have the Suns, the team right on our heels, more or less to open the month, and to close it. Could be some trap games in there with the back to backs in short time frames, like even the Lakers game on the 17th, even if they aren't fully healthy, because it is the 4th game in 6 nights, and on the road.

So here we go...

I think we end up 12-4. Could be better, I would not be surprised to see 13-3 or even 14-2. But if we struggle on those back to backs and if the Suns present real problems for us we could go 11-5 or worse if we don't keep up the intensity. And I would not be surprised to see Quin use some rest days to load balance and we might lose a couple with that. I think they could comfortably drop 4-5 games and still maintain a hold on first place, and they might seriously consider this to get some guys some rest heading down the home stretch. Plus we know Conley will miss most if not all of the 2nd games of the back to backs. Could make it a tough month to predict.

If there is one thing this team has taught us it is that our success depends nearly 100% on our effort. We have the system and the tools to not just win, but to beat anyone into submission, if we just bring the intensity, and with it....THE BOOM!!!

What are your predictions JazzFanzers?

Last edited:
THE HYDRA IS BACK BABY!!

Ok here we go, embarking on another historic month, in the middle of another historic win streak.

LET'S GO JAZZ!!

We ended March on a 7-game winning streak. We are currently FIRST in the NBA at 36-11, which is on pace to be possibly the best season in Jazz history, and the team is showing no signs of slowing.

In April we have 16 games, a lot packed into a short time frame. We have 4 sets of back to backs, and we only have 2 instances of more than one day between games - 2 days to be exact.

So here is the schedule for April:

Fri Apr 2 - Chicago Bulls
Sat Apr 3 - Orlando Magic

Mon Apr 5 - @Dallas Mavericks
Wed Apr 7 - @Phoenix Suns
Thu Apr 8 - Portland Trail Blazers

Sat Apr 10 - Sacramento Kings
Mon Apr 12 - Washington Wizards
Tue Apr 13 - Oklahoma City Thunder
Fri Apr 16 - Indiana Pacers
Sat Apr 17 - @Los Angeles Lakers

Mon Apr 19 - @Los Angeles Lakers
Wed Apr 21 - @Houston Rockets
Sat Apr 24 - Minnesota Timberwolves
Mon Apr 26 - @Minnesota Timberwolves
Wed Apr 28 - @Sacramento Kings

So what say you JazzFanz, where do we end April?

We have some tough stretches in there. A back to back Indiana at home then @ Lakers the next night could be a nightmare if the Lakers are healthy. Also @ the Suns then Portland at home, could be a loss in Phoenix and then a trap game with Portland, who always seem to play us strong. Dame is for real. And we have the Suns, the team right on our heels, more or less to open the month, and to close it. Could be some trap games in there with the back to backs in short time frames, like even the Lakers game on the 17th, even if they aren't fully healthy, because it is the 4th game in 6 nights, and on the road.

So here we go...

I think we end up 12-4. Could be better, I would not be surprised to see 13-3 or even 14-2. But if we struggle on those back to backs and if the Suns present real problems for us we could go 11-5 or worse if we don't keep up the intensity. And I would not be surprised to see Quin use some rest days to load balance and we might lose a couple with that. I think they could comfortably drop 4-5 games and still maintain a hold on first place, and they might seriously consider this to get some guys some rest heading down the home stretch. Plus we know Conley will miss most if not all of the 2nd games of the back to backs. Could make it a tough month to predict.

If there is one thing this team has taught us it is that our success depends nearly 100% on our effort. We have the system and the tools to not just win, but to beat anyone into submission, if we just bring the intensity, and with it....THE BOOM!!!

What are your predictions JazzFanzers?
Big month... I counted at least 16 must win games in there.

12-4. Seems like a popular/cliche response, but that's what I counted.

10-6 or worse would be really disappointing.

I’m looking at that @ Mavs, @Suns, Blazers stretch at the beginning of this month. I’m still not entirely confident that we’re over that midseason slump.... and we should know a lot more by the end of those games.

If I had to put money on it right now, I’d say 11-5.

The obvious 6 tough games and easiest potential losses are
Mon Apr 5 - @Dallas Mavericks
Wed Apr 7 - @Phoenix Suns
Thu Apr 8 - Portland Trail Blazers
Sat Apr 17 - @Los Angeles Lakers
Mon Apr 19 - @Los Angeles Lakers

I would assume LAL will be fully healthy by then but health can be tricky to predict.

Then the last game of the season @PHX that game may not matter so who's to say who wins and who all even plays but hopefully the Jazz win the first @PHX game to keep that separation so that last game wont mean anything.

@DAL will be tough just in the aspect of that would be a season sweep of DAL and that is not an easy thing to do.

Then as has been said playing POR on the back end of a back to back after 2 road games is just tough, tired legs may have Dame going off against the Jazz and he seems to almost always play VERY well against the Jazz especially in Utah.

I will be at the April 7th game in Phoenix so that’s a guaranteed W. I bought some super nice tickets for $440 a piece about a month ago. Same seller has the same tickets up for sale for the 30th for $1200 a piece now lol.

Then as has been said playing POR on the back end of a back to back after 2 road games is just tough, tired legs may have Dame going off against the Jazz and he seems to almost always play VERY well against the Jazz especially in Utah.

Excepting the last time we played him where we held him to 9 points on 4 of 12 shooting. We are a better team since then.

Probably pick up 13 or 14 wins, tbh.
Beat Dallas.
Split with Phx.
Maybe let the Lakers win a game to help keep them from dropping to the 8th seed.
Maybe there's some other random loss, like the Blazers or Kings.