What's new

Archeologists find David's palace.

Thinking The Bible is nothing but hogwash does not mean one doesn't recognize the historical "listings," if you will, of parts of the Old Testament.

In this corner, from teh Bay Area weighing 180 pounds....BEANDOWNS!!!

And the challenger in the gold trunks, out of uptightsville...DarkWing Duck!

Battle for the ages.

dat jazzfanz.com mobile app doe

I'm a Christian, but I believe many parts of the Bible are inaccurate or exaggerated. Was there a king named David. Undoubtedly. Did he slay a 'giant' named Goliath? Perhaps. Consider this: there are alternate records of Goliath's measurements in the Dead Sea Scrolls and other writings, which read 4 cubits instead of 6. That would make Goliath about 6'6" instead of > 9'. With the average height of men being around 5'5" at the time, Goliath would certainly be seen as a "giant," especially if he were pretty stocky as well as being a foot taller than most others. I'm 6'1", but I can definitely say a guy like Mark Eaton, seen from floor level, qualified as "gigantic" to me.

Wow....... I'm not generalizing. I'm referring to MOST of the atheist I have talked to. I haven't spoken to every atheist in the world. Shocking I know.

If I have an encounter with another atheist and they start talking about how fake the bible is my eyes glaze over and I tune the convo out. One of the biggest benefits of being an atheist, imo, is not having to dissect every word of the bible. Plus, finding technical errors in the bible (or believing you've found technical errors) is not the foundation of my opinion on religious belief.

Its not that they have to be Christian or believe in it spiritually but I always here atheists saying "The Bible is a bunch of made up stories". Just seems very hypocritical.

I said I found it hypocritical when Atheist dismiss the Bible as pure fiction when clearly there is Archeological and historical evidence supporting the Bible.

for atheists to laugh or disregard the Bible is hypocritical because it holds many historical truths.

Can you define that word for me? I really don't understand what you mean when you keep referring to atheists as hypocritical for saying the Bible contains made up stories/fiction even though the geography and some of the historical figures in the book were real. So maybe that's why I'm missing your main point.

I'm a Christian, but I believe many parts of the Bible are inaccurate or exaggerated. Was there a king named David. Undoubtedly. Did he slay a 'giant' named Goliath? Perhaps. Consider this: there are alternate records of Goliath's measurements in the Dead Sea Scrolls and other writings, which read 4 cubits instead of 6. That would make Goliath about 6'6" instead of > 9'. With the average height of men being around 5'5" at the time, Goliath would certainly be seen as a "giant," especially if he were pretty stocky as well as being a foot taller than most others. I'm 6'1", but I can definitely say a guy like Mark Eaton, seen from floor level, qualified as "gigantic" to me.

Mark Eaton would kick the Goliaths ***.

Mark Eaton would kick the Goliaths ***.

Well, the Bible is actually packed full of giants ranging from 4 to 6 cubits tall. That's 7-10 ft tall. So unless Goliath was a specially short giant at 7', he's perfectly capable of eating Mark Eaton for a mid-afternoon snack.

Well, the Bible is actually packed full of giants ranging from 4 to 6 cubits tall. That's 7-10 ft tall. So unless Goliath was a specially short giant at 7', he's perfectly capable of eating Mark Eaton for a mid-afternoon snack.

You take that back.
You take that back,right now!!!