What's new

Archeologists find David's palace.

Dear Beantown,

As an atheist, I find it odd how so many people are in disbelief of my disbelief. As others have already noted almost everyone(excluding the Alltheist) rejects 90% of religious teaching. So please don't make comments that imply that I am stupid for not believing in your god.

I'm not going to try and convince you that there are flaws in the bible or that god doesn't exist because I respect your right to believe what you want. Please respect, mine.

P.S. I made up the term Alltheist

When did I say Atheists were stupid for not believing in God or believing in the Bible?

I said I found it hypocritical when Atheist dismiss the Bible as pure fiction when clearly there is Archeological and historical evidence supporting the Bible.

I never said anything about believing in God or believing the spiritual aspects of the Bible.

How many times do I have to repeat myself?

Ah, that random noise they showed for 5 seconds was speech? So I guess you believe that insect chirping you hear at night are outgoing crickets checking out the city's nightlife? A house fly buzzing around your ear is trash talking to you?

The verse states that the ants knew who Solomon was, and moved out of the way not to be accidentally stepped on. If you believe ants have that kind of cognitive ability...

Les Miserables is set in a historically accurate time frame of post revolution France in the 1800s. There is archaeological and historical evidence supporting the novel.

So it's not pure fiction, then?

Les Miserables is set in a historically accurate time frame of post revolution France in the 1800s. There is archaeological and historical evidence supporting the novel.

So it's not pure fiction, then?

Was the book written to be fiction or non fiction?.............

When did I say Atheists were stupid for not believing in God or believing in the Bible?

I said I found it hypocritical when Atheist dismiss the Bible as pure fiction when clearly there is Archeological and historical evidence supporting the Bible.

I never said anything about believing in God or believing the spiritual aspects of the Bible.

How many times do I have to repeat myself?

You're implying that Atheists are too stupid to see the "facts" that are so clear to you.

btw I think most these guys are being way too harsh. I just want mutual respect. I have not attacked your beliefs and I won't.

You're implying that Atheists are too stupid to see the "facts" that are so clear to you.

btw I think most these guys are being way too harsh. I just want mutual respect. I have not attacked your beliefs and I won't.

He hasn't "attacked" you in any way. He has every right to ask these questions.

I didn't say he attacked me. I think some of the atheists on here are attacking his beliefs.

Aha, nobody is entitled to a protective anti-disagreement belief bubble. Not you, and certainly not him. I don't see any actual aggressive attacks. Mere discussion is perfectly desirable.

I don't believe the Bible literally word for word. There are many stories in there that are meant as parables. But what I am saying is that there are many things in the Bible that can be proven historically speaking. Even historians agree there was probably a man named Jesus walking around with disciples preaching. Whether he was literally the Son of God has no importance on this debate.

The debate is I have had many discussions with atheists that totally disregard the Bible as pure fiction. But clearly mankind has been able to prove there are many fact based things in the Bible. The Bible has a huge historical record and is a very important document. So for atheists to laugh or disregard the Bible is hypocritical because it holds many historical truths.

I am all for debate, but especially when talking about peoples core beliefs it should be carried out with respect. I don't think that from his premise he respects atheists and from most of the replies from fellow atheists I don't think they respect him.

I don't believe the Bible literally word for word. There are many stories in there that are meant as parables. But what I am saying is that there are many things in the Bible that can be proven historically speaking. Even historians agree there was probably a man named Jesus walking around with disciples preaching. Whether he was literally the Son of God has no importance on this debate.

The debate is I have had many discussions with atheists that totally disregard the Bible as pure fiction. But clearly mankind has been able to prove there are many fact based things in the Bible. The Bible has a huge historical record and is a very important document. So for atheists to laugh or disregard the Bible is hypocritical because it holds many historical truths.

I have met Christians who are hypocritical ***bags. I would not call Christians hypocritical. The core problem that I have with your argument is that you are putting the words of a few individuals into the mouths of an entire community.

Listen to what I'm saying, please. No atheist who's ever lived, in the history of mankind, thinks the Bible is pure fiction in the way you describe. That's impossible. The Bible mentions cities like Damascus. Do you think atheists consider Damascus fictional? Do we not believe in the Romans? Jews? The historical events around the time of the Bible that the authors experienced first hand? We don't believe it has anything to do with any gods. That's all. We certainly understand that it is a book written by men who probably knew things that men tend to know.

Listen to what I'm saying, please. No atheist who's ever lived, in the history of mankind, thinks the Bible is pure fiction in the way you describe. That's impossible. The Bible mentions cities like Damascus. Do you think atheists consider Damascus fictional? Do we not believe in the Romans? Jews? The historical events around the time of the Bible that the authors experienced first hand? We don't believe it has anything to do with any gods. That's all. We certainly understand that it is a book written by men who probably knew things that men tend to know.

Maybe I am talking to the wrong Atheists but most talk as if the Bible is heaping pile of ****.

Maybe I am talking to the wrong Atheists but most talk as if the Bible is heaping pile of ****.

These kind of generalizations about people is where you will find the birth of every form of discrimination.

You don't know most Atheists and because I don't fit your stereotype I'm "wrong" Atheist.

Yo bros 'n moes.. I like to say dairy queening.. say it wit me??

u3ejy2uh.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Dirty Iranians unite.

These kind of generalizations about people is where you will find the birth of every form of discrimination.

Wow....... I'm not generalizing. I'm referring to MOST of the atheist I have talked to. I haven't spoken to every atheist in the world. Shocking I know.

You probably misunderstood. Many doubt the authenticity of much of the Bible's stories. I find the details about Jesus' life too reminiscent of the pagan beliefs of the area to be seriously considered as even partly true. But did a historical Jesus exist? It's possible. Some religious figures certainly did exist. While others didn't. Moses for example is very unlikely to have existed. However, David's existence is generally accepted.