What's new

Archie Moses and I went on a date.

Are you talking about the largest fish pictured? It's def a rainbow or a rainbow hybrid. The spots are also very telling. The shape of the fish and the tail are also sure bet signs it is not a koke.

Yeah, I'm talking about the fish in the picture. It's not a rainbow. Troutbum has it and is going to eat it. Want to make a bet of what it is when he does?

So you're a hypocrite. Or you just find it more palatable to eat tortured, imprisoned animals than those who actually had a life to enjoy in the first place. Or perhaps you're just a dishonorable coward, requiring others to kill for you and then disdaining them for doing so. Got it.

Maybe I'm hypocrite, oh wait I'm definitely a hypocrite, because you determined it clearly over a half-serious correspondence about an irrelevant subject on an even more irrelevant message board. That´s okay, at least I don't judge people within such a silly chain of scheme.

But I want to judge you too as a return so baaad, so here it is. You like to argue every cliche dilemmas against people who doesn't even know your native language or can explain himself well, when even there isn't any intention of make a disputation but friendly slaggings.

OK, that doesn't bother me either, because you enlighten me soo much, with your ultimate logic and rationales on every issue. Just keep doing it, sir...

Sorry dude, but I guarantee that fish is NOT a koke. Look at the pictures of the fish that Scat and I posted and tell me you think that they are the same species of fish. There's not a single feature that is the same between two fish.

Take a look at the links, pictures, and descriptions in the Utah Guide Book and tell me you think the fish you have pictured is still a koke. Look at the abundance of spots on the rainbow's tail (page 46) and lack of on the kokanee. Look at the differences in the anal fins. Compare that to your fish and tell me it's a koke. Lastly, look at the last comments under the rainbow... "The coloration of a river-dwelling rainbow trout is often more vibrant than that of a lake dweller." Some rainbows in lakes are very silver in coloration. That's why you don't use coloration alone to identify a species.

I am not trying to be a dick here... I think your fish is awesome. It's definitely is a rainbow or a rainbow hybrid.

https://wildlife.utah.gov/guidebooks/2012_pdfs/2012_fishing.pdf

Yeah, I'm talking about the fish in the picture. It's not a rainbow. Troutbum has it and is going to eat it. Want to make a bet of what it is when he does?

Why don't you send the pic to any of our wildlife biologists and ask them what they think it is.

Isn't that what you were doing in this thread?

I'm curious, what kind of and how much meat do you eat? How was it raised? Killed?

I shouldn't have been so harsh. Sorry.

Of course not, fish issue was the slagging, and I said I hate "sport hunting". Even the hate I have (on anything) has a meaning on an entirely different base which roots from sufism again.

I eat a cow per week, are you gonna specify my hypocriteness degree?

Btw, you're scr*ing my soccer night, right now. :)

You guys are dicks. Trout told Archie he caught a koke that's near the state record and you guys are ruining it.

Trout are salmon, btw, and I wonder if it was a coho hybrid or something that another &%$@ introduced into the Gorge.

You guys are dicks. Trout told Archie he caught a koke that's near the state record and you guys are ruining it.

Trout are salmon, btw, and I wonder if it was a coho hybrid or something that another &%$@ introduced into the Gorge.

I personally apologize to OP and Archie, I liked their friendship and the lake photos are beautiful.

I really dont see anything other than rainbow there... no koke or salmon characterstics at all. Not even sure if it is biologically possible (not saying it isn't) for a coho and a trout to produce offspring... especially offspring that would reach that size. I know it is highly unlikely that a koke/rainbow hybrid would naturally reproduce. Kokes spawn in the early fall by running up tributaries, and rainbows spawn in the spring, mostly along the shorelines of the Gorge.

In other news, I catch 20lb Blue Catfish out of Utah Lake all the time. I know they're blues and not channel cats because the old guy who takes money at the gate tells me so.

TheDude, I have a question for you. How many rainbows have you caught that are blue and turquoise along the spine? I don't mean a faint blue, I mean a deep, deep distinguished blue.

I have caught many many rainbows with a blue back. Especially those that are in reservoirs or lakes, as opposed to a stream or river.

Even the guidebook states: "A rainbow trout is dark green to bluish on the back with silvery sides."

I have also caught hundreds of kokanee and none of them look even remotely close to the fish you caught.

I have caught many many rainbows with a blue back. Especially those that are in reservoirs or lakes, as opposed to a stream or river.

Even the guidebook states: "A rainbow trout is dark green to bluish on the back with silvery sides."

I have also caught hundreds of kokanee and none of them look even remotely close to the fish you caught.

It's not the same color that I'm referring to - rainbows are not nearly as deep as the color I'm referring to, a color I've never seen before on a trout. Keep in mind, you're not talking to a fishing newb. If it was a rainbow, it must have been sick or something was wrong with it, because it did not look like a rainbow to at least 3 very experienced fishermen. I'll give it to you that it does look like a rainbow in the picture. Here's another challenge. Show me a picture of a rainbow trout that has a pelvic or anal fin that looks like the one in picture above. The pics you've posted of Kok's are more mature and or male. Kokanee salmon can look almost exactly like a trout.

kokanee.jpg

When I read the title of this thread, I thought maybe this was a rehash of the Pride Day thread. Archie, I've see a pic of your wife on this site, Trout isn't worth screwing that up. Lightning rarely strikes the same spot twice. Sorry Trout.

Have Troust put this up on BFT and they'll settle it quickly. There might not be any fish biologists but a few of them should be.

I carpool with a fish biologist and will ask him about this on the ride home today.

No ****, but this is what it looked like almost to the T in real life. Ask Trout if you don't believe me.

I'm still completely bugged at how different it turned out in the picture than what it looked like in real life.

p5190374xi7.jpg

With all this being said, if it was a rainbow, it was a rainbow. I'm just telling you what I saw, touched and showed others.