What's new

Are Kanter and Favors compatible?

He lost a lot of upper body strength through offseason. He looked like a body builder last year, now he is on your NBA average white guy of his size level. I believe even Hayward is stronger right now.

If that's true then he's going to be out of the league soon.

He has below avg athleticism for this league. The one thing he had going for him was his strength inside which allowed his finesse post moves to work. Without the strength he cannot get post position and isn't a threat to score down low anymore.

Even big Al has better size/athleticism than kanter. At least Al had length and quick feet (offensively). He was a slippery post player down low.

I don't see why Enes can't get back into shape for the next season with his work ethics. Even in his current shape he is a solid starting NBA PF. I don't see him out of the league any time soon.

Just look at his shoulders. There is no bulk and definition. Last game he and Hayward were shown side by side and Hayward had same bulk with better definition. Now he has a body of a fit white guy, nothing more.

How do we know Kanter is out of shape?

Well he had a shoulder injury and couldn't play basketball for a good 4 months, I guess it just depends on what he could do and what he did. But it looks like he is out of basketball shape.

No, jazz blew that draft badly.

Well, considering the other strong possibility was Knight, I'd say we dodged a bullet. If the Jazz want to deal, I'd say they could find some takers for Kanter, especially given that he's big and is a beast on the offensive glass.

Well, considering the other strong possibility was Knight, I'd say we dodged a bullet. If the Jazz want to deal, I'd say they could find some takers for Kanter, especially given that he's big and is a beast on the offensive glass.

3.1 offensive rebounds per game. Favors is at 2.9 ORPG. Not sure 3 makes someone a beast.

Edit:

I mean, 3 per game is good, like top 20 in the NBA good, but when you team shoots such an abysmal percentage you would expect the offensive rebound rate to be higher.

If that's true then he's going to be out of the league soon.

He has below avg athleticism for this league. The one thing he had going for him was his strength inside which allowed his finesse post moves to work. Without the strength he cannot get post position and isn't a threat to score down low anymore.

Even big Al has better size/athleticism than kanter. At least Al had length and quick feet (offensively). He was a slippery post player down low.

Are you watching games? On numerous occasions Kanter established a decent post position but JLIII could not pass the ball

3.1 offensive rebounds per game. Favors is at 2.9 ORPG. Not sure 3 makes someone a beast.

Edit:

I mean, 3 per game is good, like top 20 in the NBA good, but when you team shoots such an abysmal percentage you would expect the offensive rebound rate to be higher.
Among qualified players (per ESPN.com), Kanter is 49th in offensive rebounding rate.

Among qualified players playing 20+ minutes per game, Kanter is 26th in offensive rebounding rate.

Among qualified players playing 30+ minutes per game, Kanter is 13th in offensive rebounding rate.

Of 53 qualified centers, Kanter is 27th in offensive rebounding rate.

Nothing special. He stopped crashing the offensive glass a while ago.

J How good would our defense be with Asik at the 5 Favors at the 4? We don't run any plays for Kanter in this offense anyway so Asik's nonexistent offense wouldn't even be that big of a problem. [/QUOTE said:
10.1 ppg would not equate to nonexistent offense. That is Asik's overall ppg stat for last year when he started all 82 games for the Rockets.
Plus his defense of course, that shows in the big differential in points scored by opponents when Asik was on the court and when he was not.
Asik's defensive stats actually are pretty much at the the same level with Dwight Howard's.
Asik's performance is underrated. And he might have the potential to still improve because he had only one year of playing as a starter so far.
Another thing about the guy is his consistency; he had not missed a game in his more than three years, until he was recently sent to bench by the coach.

I think the Jazz will keep Kanter. Just because he's not a world-beater doesn't mean he's not worth keeping.

I think the concern is that we'll end up paying too much money to keep Favors and Kanter, even if they're both not "world-beaters". If they're not compatible... might as well trade one while we can!

Let's see...

Enes was born on May 20th, making him a Taurus

Favors was born on July 15th, making him a Cancer

According to www.astrology.com:

The Taurus-Cancer partnership tends to be a happy one due to this mutual enjoyment of the security and comfort of home. They love a solid home base, a strong relationship, nice possessions, good food: all the comforts of domestic life. Theirs is often the ideal family that people of other Signs strive for, with strong ties between them and a relationship that is family-oriented rather than toward the outside world. Their only major problems arise when Taurus insists on having its own way and Cancer responds by sulking. Taurus must understand Cancer’s emotional sensitivity, and Cancer needs rely on open, honest communication than on emotional blackmail.

Taurus is ruled by Venus (Love) and Cancer is ruled by the Moon (Emotions). Both of these celestial bodies vibrate with feminine energy. Cancer often keeps emotions bottled up and simmering inside, which can lead to occasional boil-overs. Thus, Cancer is attracted to Taurus’s open, honest, unafraid nature. As the Moon controls the tides of the Earth, quietly affecting all life, so does Cancer, manipulating behind the scenes. Cancer tends to be sentimental, and both partners prefer to enjoy each other rather than socializing with large groups.

Taurus is an Earth Sign and Cancer is a Water Sign. Water and Earth are compatible as tangible, physical entities. As a Water Sign, Cancer is born to nurture an Earth Sign like Taurus the way rain nurtures Earth and helps crops grow. In turn, Taurus tends to have a more stable view of life than does Cancer and is less prone to emotional turmoil; therefore, Taurus can help Cancer stabilize their tumultuous feelings. Both Signs must be careful in this relationship, however: Taurus may tire of Cancer’s mood swings, and Cancer may in turn feel that Taurus is insensitive to their needs.

Taurus is a Fixed Sign and Cancer is a Cardinal Sign. Taurus has Fixed habits; they won’t change an opinion once it’s formed. This can provide Cancer with an emotional rock, as Taurus is entirely dedicated to the relationship. In turn, Cancer can bring new inspiration to the relationship and start new projects that Taurus will enjoy taking over later.

What’s the best aspect of the Taurus-Cancer relationships? The steady, reliable team they make. Both Signs are dependable and nurturing, strongly oriented toward domestic life together. A mutual love of home and security makes theirs an ideal long-term, family relationship.

I'd say the stars are in our favor here.

In the first quarter vs. the Mavericks Kanter looked half asleep out there. The entire starting five looked slow but in my opinion Kanter looked the worst. I can handle losing games but the lack of effort in that first quarter made for the first time this season that I actually got frustrated with the Jazz.

In the first quarter vs. the Mavericks Kanter looked half asleep out there. The entire starting five looked slow but in my opinion Kanter looked the worst. I can handle losing games but the lack of effort in that first quarter made for the first time this season that I actually got frustrated with the Jazz.

I just get the feeling that Kanter with his injury was setback for this year and has not been ready. I'm hoping he will prove us wrong by the end of the year or during next year but for this reason I think the jazz should draft julius Randle so one of these two Can come off the bench, not only strengthening the bench but improving one of these guys performance on the court.

Before the season started, Kanter´s manager said that he is not in shape and will need a lot time to get back in condition. I think that Kanter atleast needs a bit more weight. Kanter with the body of his first season would be more effektive.