What's new

Are Kanter and Favors compatible?

They are if Kanter starts shooting and making outside shots, I see Kanter as the pick and pop big, and Favors all around the basket work. Kanter and Burke need to run that same pick and pop at the 3 point line that D-Will and Okur ran. When Kanter proves he can MAKE the 3 point shot at a 33% clip at least to 37% 3PT% we should be really happy with, but I think right now Kanter has the touch to hit the 15-18 foot jump shot pretty regularly, I just want to see Kanter shoot 1 3pt shot a game if he hits it then he can shoot 1 more and so on.

I thought they would work very well together. One excels at offense one at defense. Problem is they are both PF's. what Is Kanter worth in a trade?
How good would our defense be with Asik at the 5 Favors at the 4? We don't run any plays for Kanter in this offense anyway so Asik's nonexistent offense wouldn't even be that big of a problem. I think Gobert shows a lot of potential as a third big too.
Jut throwing **** against the wall. Seeing what sticks.

The problem is that both players are PFs and that is why they struggle. They both seem to play better when the other is on the bench.

Kanter works primarily the left block and shows impressive touch and range on his shot. Favors works primarily the right block and has shown more touch and range on his shot than I thought possible. Kanter has to find his nuts and Favors needs to consistently find his inner beast, but I don't think that their problems are each other at all.

I'm starting to think no ever since the Brooklyn game. Both struggle against taller, longer centers and neither can consistently make a mid range jump shot. Both play like undersized centers imo

I'm starting to think no ever since the Brooklyn game. Both struggle against taller, longer centers and neither can consistently make a mid range jump shot. Both play like undersized centers imo

I'm going to need some stats that I don't know how to find to disprove what you're saying to the level that I call utter ******** on this. Kanter has been shooting at an exceptional level on 15-footers.

Last edited:
The problem is that both players are PFs and that is why they struggle. They both seem to play better when the other is on the bench.

I would be ok with trading anyone in the jazz org not named Dennis Lindsay for a top five pick this year.

Kanter's defense is so suspect. If he doesn't show some improvement in this area before the seasons end we may as well trade him.

Kanter needs post plays designed for him. I haven't seen many at all. He isn't athletic enough to just be a garbage man and score off tip ins and follow up dunks.

Having said that, he looks a lot weaker than before. His body looks a lot leaner than before without the added benefits of increased quickness and jumping ability. I guess a lot of people blame it on his injury. But I'm not so sure. You don't go from abusing Andrew Bynum on the block to getting your *** kicked by Dirk and Shane Larkin because of a shoulder injury.

I think they can but only if Kanter extends his range out to the three point line. The benefits of having two low post players in modern NBA are few and far between. Houston gave up on their Howard/Asik experiment fairly quickly. Memphis succeeds at it the best with Gasol and Randolph buts its mostly possible because Gasol is an elite passer from the high post.

I think they can but only if Kanter extends his range out to the three point line. The benefits of having two low post players in modern NBA are few and far between. Houston gave up on their Howard/Asik experiment fairly quickly. Memphis succeeds at it the best with Gasol and Randolph buts its mostly possible because Gasol is an elite passer from the high post.

Randolph's mid range jumper was deadly, and Gasol was able to hit it consistently also

I'm going to need some stats that I don't know how to find to disprove what you're saying to the level that I call utter ******** on this. Kanter has been shooting at an exceptional level on 15-footers.

EK-15_19_zps2b230cfb.png~original

EK-midrange_zps026cf4c3.png~original

It seems Corbin is gonna let Kanter coming off the bench to increase the scoring from the becnh and let Marvin Williams play as a stretching PF. Kanter's gonna be 3rd big sharing min with Favors, williams and Gobert will not take min. It makes logic till Kanter finds his strenght and rhythm. Also, he can be more effective against bench players.

Kanter needs post plays designed for him. I haven't seen many at all. He isn't athletic enough to just be a garbage man and score off tip ins and follow up dunks.

Having said that, he looks a lot weaker than before. His body looks a lot leaner than before without the added benefits of increased quickness and jumping ability. I guess a lot of people blame it on his injury. But I'm not so sure. You don't go from abusing Andrew Bynum on the block to getting your *** kicked by Dirk and Shane Larkin because of a shoulder injury.
He lost a lot of upper body strength through offseason. He looked like a body builder last year, now he is on your NBA average white guy of his size level. I believe even Hayward is stronger right now.