What's new

Are the Jazz Tanking the 2022-23 Season?

Are the Jazz in Tank mode or Win Now mode?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
it is the right year to tank. have the jazz decided to tank though? i don't think so, unfortunately.
You don't really have to “tank” when you are just naturally bad. All metrics suggest the jazz have one of the worst defense in the league without Rudy.

You don't really have to “tank” when you are just naturally bad. All metrics suggest the jazz have one of the worst defense in the league without Rudy.

Unless more players get dealt we would still be good enough to not get a top-5 pick. Likely be in the 9-12 range.

I guess we get to find out if the funnel to Rudy defensive structure was better than attempting to get all 5 to play defense without a Rudy in the middle. Did Rudy being so good make the others worse? I'm curious. Of course it's hard to gauge because Quin is gone too so I won't know if it's that or if it's the new scheme brought in by Doogie Howser.

I guess we get to find out if the funnel to Rudy defensive structure was better than attempting to get all 5 to play defense without a Rudy in the middle. Did Rudy being so good make the others worse? I'm curious. Of course it's hard to gauge because Quin is gone too so I won't know if it's that or if it's the new scheme brought in by Doogie Howser.
Yeah but unfortunately this current roster is just not built to play defense without Rudy. Not sure the acquisition of Vanderbilt and Beverly is enough to change that

unfortunately, even without rudy this team is good enough to win about 35-40 games.
Bogey was part of a 21 win Brooklyn team that wasn't even trying to tank(Celtics owned their pick) Conley led Memphis to a 33win season. JC bounced around from one bad team to another before finding his home here. And apparently this DM kid is so bad at basketball that jazz fans want him gone. Rudy is one of the main reasons for us to be anywhere near the playoffs picture.

unfortunately, even without rudy this team is good enough to win about 35-40 games.
I'd say we have a worse talented & less balanced roster than a lot of tanking teams. These teams actually had to shut down their starters in order to lose enough games. Why would they do that if they aren’t talented enough to put up 30-40wins.

Yeah but unfortunately this current roster is just not built to play defense without Rudy. Not sure the acquisition of Vanderbilt and Beverly is enough to change that
It isn't. 38 wins here we come!

We might see a hybrid of both. Even if we are on a course for a 30 something win near the deadline I'm sure Ainge could unloaded some talent for picks / expiring contracts.