• No

Votes: 47 54.0%
  • Yes, if we shake things up

Votes: 17 19.5%
  • Don't care/wait and see

Votes: 4 4.6%

• Total voters
I think the locker room is a firepit.

I think DM and Gobert will be separated by a move this off season.

CLqejiZWIAA9DAA.jpg

I am so ready for a new youth movement. I’d much rather watch NAW and Butler develop then watch this faux contender team another year. NBA fandom is fun for reasons beyond the actual basketball. The team building aspect through draft, trades, etc. is honestly just as fun as the actual basketball for me. This current team has been built with only minor changes for a damn long time.

Like a kid that’s had the same LEGO set built for three years, I’m ready to wreck this and watch the Jazz build something else.

I cannot be alone in this, right? More than just the toxic culture and underachieving, I’m just generally ****ing bored of watching this particular roster try to get over the hump. I’ve got like one playoffs-worth of interest left here and then I need a new toy.
Nope, I'm right there with you. We know it's not a title winner and it won't be without some drastic and lucky moves, no reason to drag it out anymore. I'm more in the retool than rebuild camp, meaning trade anyone except Gobert or Mitchell. I really love the offseason more anyway.

Nope, I'm right there with you. We know it's not a title winner and it won't be without some drastic and lucky moves, no reason to drag it out anymore. I'm more in the retool than rebuild camp, meaning trade anyone except Gobert or Mitchell. I really love the offseason more anyway.
But those are the only two guys who’ve got value. People aren’t going to give us much for an aging Bogey or Conley. Clarkson is probably more valuable on this team since he can get a shot than not.

We’ve given up too many draft picks to package anything together. That’s… why wasting our picks was such a mistake.

But those are the only two guys who’ve got value. People aren’t going to give us much for an aging Bogey or Conley. Clarkson is probably more valuable on this team since he can get a shot than not.

We’ve given up too many draft picks to package anything together. That’s… why wasting our picks was such a mistake.
Bogey and Mike would get you something back but your larger point is correct…. It wouldn’t be a missing piece.

So they well do the dumb half measure where they trade Rudy and then when that doesn’t work Donovan will ask out and we will get a little less for him than we would have. There is a slim chance you strike gold on a Rudy trade and maybe it works out but it’s more likely one step forward two steps back… might be better to just start back at the beginning. It all depends on what the offers are. I like 3 of the top four guys in this draft quite a bit… if you could get a too 4 pick and maybe some a little bit extra then doing the full tear down might make sense.

If the team is fully healthy (and by that I just mean everyone is playing without time restriction, obviously people will be hampered) anything is possible.

But that seems impossible at this point.

Bogey and Mike would get you something back but your larger point is correct…. It wouldn’t be a missing piece.

So they well do the dumb half measure where they trade Rudy and then when that doesn’t work Donovan will ask out and we will get a little less for him than we would have. There is a slim chance you strike gold on a Rudy trade and maybe it works out but it’s more likely one step forward two steps back… might be better to just start back at the beginning. It all depends on what the offers are. I like 3 of the top four guys in this draft quite a bit… if you could get a too 4 pick and maybe some a little bit extra then doing the full tear down might make sense.
Yep, that's another reason why Utah should blow it up.

You could get a lot of good pieces back for Bogey/Conley is you arent worried about them being good right away. You could get a decent amount of future assets back for those two and take on bad contracts to get even further assets.

But the Jazz will never do this because it would be such an embarrassing admission of failure (but then again, Danny has no investment in the past of this team so maybe he can convince Smith to be newly tanking owner)

The only solace I could find by trading Gobert would be to draft the next French great, Victor Wembanyama.

Yep, that's another reason why Utah should blow it up.

You could get a lot of good pieces back for Bogey/Conley is you arent worried about them being good right away. You could get a decent amount of future assets back for those two and take on bad contracts to get even further assets.

But the Jazz will never do this because it would be such an embarrassing admission of failure (but then again, Danny has no investment in the past of this team so maybe he can convince Smith to be newly tanking owner)

The only solace I could find by trading Gobert would be to draft the next French great, Victor Wembanyama.
Smith would look so bad... "look at what the Millers handed him and he immediately drove it into the ground!" In general owners are too slow to blow it up... new owners don't have the stomach to take the ego hit.

There is zero chance they go full rebuild. As you mentioned the offer for Donovan would have to be so enormous to even consider.