What's new

Are you ready?

We've got to compromise, and meet in the middle. Are both sides ready to do that?
We've also got to stop with the petty attacks, and learn to truly debate. Like I've said sadly I believe it'll take a massive 3rd world war to bring us together as a nation again.

I couldn't agree more. To bad neither side is ready to negotiate.

As for petty attacks it works its way all the way down to the rank and file. Like you agreeing with Thriller about the sexism, bigotry, racism...of the right.

That's the spirit!
But not just because I don't want to government to do anything. By having a different party in control of the house and senate than in the White House forces legislation to be something that both parties agree is good for the country.

There is nothing petty about the republican's stance on choice, gay marriage, and immigrants.
Look at who their party is made up of. It's facts my friend. Nothing "petty" about it.

No their stances are not petty and I am on record as opposing those stances outright or partially.

However we were talking about "petty attacks" and not stances now weren't we. Trying to find compromise instead of calling them racist or sexist was the goal was it not?

You are off to a stellar start.

No their stances are not petty and I am on record as opposing those stances outright or partially.

However we were talking about "petty attacks" and not stances now weren't we. Trying to find compromise instead of calling them racist or sexist was the goal was it not?

You are off to a stellar start.

Sigh...

Glad you agree lol.

Compromise is a dirty word now a days and that is a horrendous thing.

This left/right polarization is the single greatest threat to our country. All the other threats combined do not equal its severity.

Immigration - secure the border, deport illegals breaking additional laws and give a temporary status to illegals not breaking additional laws (I am not including working in "additional laws") and give them a chance to become legal.

Gay marriage - Marriage is done by churches and all state/fed controlled actions ( regardless of the sexes involved) are civil unions with the exact same benefits as marriage.

Energy - open up drilling on US property and then dramatically push technology in fuel cells, wind, solar, nuclear...thru education, research, awards and tax breaks and most importantly by requiring a % of any profits earned thru that US land owned drilling go to those renewable projects

Enviroment - Support anti whaling projects (and other endangered species projects) that emphasise educating people on the subject, start requiring filters on all industrial smoke stacks. Don't cripple industry but hold them accountable. Reign in the EPA and get it refocused. Do not stop construction and progress because someone found a yellow humpback purple legged flying humper beetle on some land.

Healthcare - No more pre-existing conditions, allow any worker to cover themselves, their spouse and unmarried kids as long as they want for any reason they want. Tort reform, no mandatory requirement to have it, open up all areas to competition for all insurers. No tax dollars for orgs/groups supporting abortion but keep abortion legal and available

If you don't require everyone to have health care, then you can't enforce the pre existing condition. And that is actually a republican argument (speaking of compromise).

Otherwise, it would cost too much.

If you don't require everyone to have health care, then you can't enforce the pre existing condition. And that is actually a republican argument (speaking of compromise).

Otherwise, it would cost too much.

So because it is a republican arguement means it is any less valid than a democrat arguement? SOmetimes you have to give the other guy something he wants to get something you want.

Yup, it was like taunting Jordan right before he beat the Jazz in the Championship for the second time.

jordan-vs-jazz.jpg

Yup, it was like taunting Jordan right before he beat the Jazz in the Championship for the second time.

jordan-vs-jazz.jpg

You are hereby banished from jazz fandom forever and are officially 100% troll.