What's new

At least the guns are okay

He has no access to guns, and doesn't go to that school (I do support the deputies searching his room to make sure). How big a threat is that?

View: https://youtu.be/e83PDWR_Kf0

From your article:
209A9FC3-5EF1-42DA-9D97-F9C0134E31C4.jpeg
Again I don’t want to hear anything from you when the next school shooting happens. He doesn’t go to that school and he doesn’t have “access” to a gun, is your defense? He is on antidepressants as well. These are signs. This is a red flag.

Again the mother is absolutely correct to turn her child in. I am happy she understood the depth of the situation.

Again I don’t want to hear anything from you when the next school shooting happens. He doesn’t go to that school and he doesn’t have “access” to a gun, is your defense? He is on antidepressants as well. These are signs. This is a red flag.
So, you are supporting the arrest of every 13-year-old child who makes statements like these on the internet? How many kids do you think that will lock up?

Again the mother is absolutely correct to turn her child in. I am happy she understood the depth of the situation.
Complying with an arrest warrant is not "turning your child in".

@One Brow
2hrs ago… this person doesn’t go to the school

From the article:
While waiting for the fire department to show up Lilly was asked how much she had been planning the school shooting and Lilly stated she’s about a third of the way from doing it,” the arrest papers add. “Lilly verified that Timberview Middle school was one of the ‘main targets’ currently and other targets were churches. Lilly was asked what kind of planning she had done, and she state layout of the school, active firearm planning and starting a manifesto.
This kid definitely needs help. Unlike Jones' son, there is real-life activity supporting her plan.

So, you are supporting the arrest of every 13-year-old child who makes statements like these on the internet? How many kids do you think that will lock up?
Yep, a 13 year old on antidepressants that made threat’s multiple times, absolutely. I don’t care how many kids are arrested. They should be put in a mental illness program as well. Just like felons, should never be allowed to obtain a firearm.
Complying with an arrest warrant is not "turning your child in".
Oh really? She could have ignored it. You know that’s a hard thing to do (turning a child in).

This kid definitely needs help. Unlike Jones' son, there is real-life activity supporting her plan.
No weapon and doesn’t go to the school is your defense right?
She had a drawn out floor plan and instructions on firearms. She is also 19. Signs are there.

My daughters middle school…

A second one this about a month ago…

View: https://twitter.com/hcsosheriff/status/1624086117598351367?s=46&t=BMMZjW7vq0_zwnmLDjNTgQ

Yeah, I’m for arresting these kids that have red flags.

Yep, a 13 year old on antidepressants that made threat’s multiple times, absolutely. I don’t care how many kids are arrested. They should be put in a mental illness program as well. Just like felons, should never be allowed to obtain a firearm.
I agree they should be put in a mental wellness program (Jones son is autistic, and I hope he's getting help). I agree he should never be allowed a firearm.

I think you're forgetting what 13-year-olds are like. You'd be locking up a quarter of the country's pre-adolescents. They are very prone to saying hurtful things; all emotion and hormones. I guarantee you there were other kids in the Snapchat group echoing these thoughts or egging him on. None of them will be arrested.

Oh really? She could have ignored it. You know that’s a hard thing to do (turning a child in).
What happens if she ignores an arrest warrant? Another raid? Extradition if she takes him out of state? Does she have unlimited resources to fight all these battles?

No weapon and doesn’t go to the school is your defense right?
She had a drawn out floor plan and instructions on firearms. She is also 19. Signs are there.
Didn't I already agree?

My daughters middle school…
You support this arrest as well?

A second one this about a month ago…
Aren't they the same one? The arrest in your article happened two days after that tweet.

Yeah, I’m for arresting these kids that have red flags.
Saying there's a gun, when there's not, is a red flag? It's stupid and juvenile, but the kid's 15. That's what they all are.

@Bucknutz , it seems like you're reacting from a place of fear, letting that overwhelm your judgement. You still need to let kids be kids. Get them help if they need it, discipline those who go overboard (that's what suspensions are for), but don't ruin their lives.

A) Storing your kitchen knives in a lock box is not a good sign of a healthy home

B) This is America, assuming the kid isn't an idiot, yes, he could acquire a firearm with relative ease (I wish he couldn't, but he could).

Is arrest the best course of action? I dunno, but yes it is a situation that needs to be addressed seriously imo.

A) Storing your kitchen knives in a lock box is not a good sign of a healthy home
The kid definitely has problems.

B) This is America, assuming the kid isn't an idiot, yes, he could acquire a firearm with relative ease (I wish he couldn't, but he could).
Depends on which part of the US he's in, and how much money he can scrounge up. Guns cost a decent amount of money when you're in an urban environment, and few people have them.

Is arrest the best course of action? I dunno, but yes it is a situation that needs to be addressed seriously imo.
Fair.

@Bucknutz , it seems like you're reacting from a place of fear, letting that overwhelm your judgement.

Nope not fear. Not even close. It’s being realistic.

You still need to let kids be kids.

Yeah you’re right. We should just let kids with red flags just be kids. Let’s not worry about them. It’s totally normal for kids the threaten school shooting or call in fake gun threats. Normal. If you see something don’t say anything, remember they are just kids.

Kids just being kids…
“Okay so it’s been like 3-4 weeks since I got on my new antidepressants and they aren’t working but they’re suppose to by now so I have no hope in getting better so why not kill the losers at school.”

Get them help if they need it.

Agreed

discipline those who go overboard (that's what suspensions are for), but don't ruin their lives.

I’m not advocating they just lock kids up for ever. Arresting the kid will not ruin their lives. I’m for putting them in programs to improve their mentality , physically and emotionally.

Im with bucknutz on this one

So Repubs in TN expelled the two black Democrats who protested for gun control after the latest massacre but keep child molesters and groomers instead? Wow

View: https://twitter.com/amzam/status/1644333349895299072?s=46&t=QT7YFlZ_IlHq81PpZAhKgw

View: https://twitter.com/gldivittorio/status/1643095365074165760?s=46&t=QT7YFlZ_IlHq81PpZAhKgw

Disgusting. I’m sure those on this board who’ve been really concerned with books, history, and women’s sports over the last year will be up in arms over this, right??? After all, shouldn’t we be protecting the children?

Interesting how three Democrats protested. One white and two black. Guess which two were expelled? Pretty obvious.

Vote for the GOP! Party of perverts, groomers, racists, and those who value gun sales above life! No wonder why they’re losing all over the place.

Extra kudos to you for using the correct pronoun. This is a would-be murderer of children and people are so worried about hurting his feelings that they use his preferred female descriptors. Eff that guy. The 19-year-old adult male with mental health issues was threatening to kill kids by shooting up a school. The last thing society should be doing with this guy is continuing to coddle his mental health issues for fear of offending him.

Nope not fear. Not even close. It’s being realistic.

Yeah you’re right. We should just let kids with red flags just be kids.
I can read the fear emanating from that sentence.

It’s totally normal for kids the threaten school shooting or call in fake gun threats. Normal.
I certainly heard that a couple of times when I was a kid, from other kids. I don't know about "normal".

If you see something don’t say anything, remember they are just kids.
That's what they are, and any punishment/treatment/intervention needs to keep this in mind.

Kids just being kids…
“Okay so it’s been like 3-4 weeks since I got on my new antidepressants and they aren’t working but they’re suppose to by now so I have no hope in getting better so why not kill the losers at school.”
Again, something I used to hear from time to time when I was a teen.

I’m not advocating they just lock kids up for ever. Arresting the kid will not ruin their lives. I’m for putting them in programs to improve their mentality , physically and emotionally.
I think you underestimate the long-term effects of having an arrest on one's record. Also, Jones's kid is being arrested for terrorism; they may choose to try him as an adult.

Extra kudos to you for using the correct pronoun. This is a would-be murderer of children and people are so worried about hurting his feelings that they use his preferred female descriptors. Eff that guy. The 19-year-old adult male with mental health issues was threatening to kill kids by shooting up a school. The last thing society should be doing with this guy is continuing to coddle his mental health issues for fear of offending him.
You confused Jones's son with another case.

I was talking about the Florida kid (13 I think).