What's new

Game Thread Aug 03, 2020: Utah Jazz vs Los Angeles Lakers

Added to Calendar: 08-03-20

Rudy is good for 16/13 and excellent defense. I'm willing to give him a max deal, but I struggle to go higher.

Any one that chose not to be. Just like players were able to opt out, there was nothing stopping the Jazz FO from opting out as a team. There is nothing good that will come out of all this for the Jazz.
You think the jazz should have opted out? Holy crap we would be the biggest laughing stock ever. You don't come back from that move.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Proud of our guys tonight, it was a valiant effort. We're just ill-prepared to face a team that lanky and athletic and Bogey doesn't really change that. Should have probably put a little more thought into putting this team together. Either that or we should start going after some hired guns for the playoffs like the big boys do.

Rudy is good for 16/13 and excellent defense. I'm willing to give him a max deal, but I struggle to go higher.
I mean we’d all struggle to go higher than the max... since doing so is against the rules.

You think the jazz should have opted out? Holy crap we would be the biggest laughing stock ever. You don't come back from that move.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
People are going full stoopeds! We lost a couple games... who cares... we get to watch our dudes and DM and Rudy were pretty awesome tonight.

Any one that chose not to be. Just like players were able to opt out, there was nothing stopping the Jazz FO from opting out as a team. There is nothing good that will come out of all this for the Jazz.

Sure there is. The Jazz can get the 6th seed, play Denver in the first round, move 4 spots up in the draft order, and build some continuity for next season. Plus, it will be obvious what our next personnel moves should be.

Well, at least they looked like an NBA team tonight. Other than the fact they couldn't hit a 3 worth a ****.

I dont hate Conley personally he just doesn't wow me on the court. He looks like he doesn't really care too much.
Kind of going through the motions. Very smooth laid back dude.

We need power, aggression, and anger. This team is too soft.

and I can't stand Niang and Bradley in the rotation. These guys aren't championship material. They both should be ballin' in europe (and probably will be soon).

We have a beast in Brantley wasting away on the bench. Tucker could add some juice too.

Ingles looks old. He can't be starting anymore.

It's time to think about reducing his role if we want to progress.

Why does Niang still get to play? He’s awful.

Ive never liked him because even when he was shooting well (he is normally a very good 3 point shooter) he would get abused on defense and give up the points he made right back. Hes just not that good. A decent back end of the bench guy nothing more.

As the announcers were saying last night, they were getting great looks on their shots. Therefore, the game plan is working. These guys just have to start hitting their shots. Going into the playoffs, they were the 2nd best 3-point shooting team in the league so there is potential. We need a true stretch-4 that can also rebound a little. Dare I say, someone like Myles Turner would be perfect.

The game was lost at the end of the 3rd when the Jazz were turning the ball over especially Ingles. I love Joe but he needs to be part of the bench and not a starter anymore. Same with Royce both of these guys are complimentary players who would shine more given more responsibility on the second unit. Clarkson going 2 out of 13 didn't help. He hasn't played that well in the restart. DM was great but he start clanking a few and turning the ball over in the second half but he was the reason why the Jazz were even in the game. The glaring issue is at PF and then SF. Jazz need to get longer and more athletic. Niang needs to sit. Sorry but he is a fringe NBA player and when he is not making shots, he is pretty worthless. Nice guy and teammate but he is not part of the solution. I liked the effort but Lakers were having trouble scoring and then they light us up. Again, I really think the Jazz need to resolve this PF/SF issue if they want to compete for a title.

Niang and JC were bad. Like JC missed a ton of shots he normally makes. The offense was really moving the ball. Had a few shots gone in we were in business.

The refs were pretty ****ing atrocious. The touch fouls we got put us in a bind. Meanwhile Dwight was throwing dudes to the ground with no call. They reacted to AD just yelling every time there was a contested rebound. I’m also very confused on what a charge and block are anymore.

We lost but we didn't play bad. I liked the effort on defense, Donovan and Rudy were both very good, if only Clarkson was decent we could have won.