What's new

Ayton

Anyone hearing the details on what exactly the Brooklyn Jazz connection with a Durrant trade is all about? I only heard the last few seconds on an interview on the xm nba channel. Something about Westbrook and Kyrie trade tomorrow and jazz involved with the durrant trade as a 3rd member.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Only thing I'm seeing is Utah maybe shipping Don or otherwise being a facilitator via taking Ayton. If Don's moving to Brooklyn, Simmons has to be going via the same or a preceding deal.

If Don is being traded then we need to just tank. Ayton and Bridges would be counterproductive to that.
We can tank with good players on our team. Just sit them with "hamstring management" or "general soreness". Having good players that already know how to win serve us a strong foundation to get out of this tank quickly. Otherwise it's a complete crapshoot and could turn into a vicious cycle.

We can tank with good players on our team. Just sit them with "hamstring management" or "general soreness". Having good players that already know how to win serve us a strong foundation to get out of this tank quickly. Otherwise it's a complete crapshoot and could turn into a vicious cycle.

Yes

I can buy this if it's young promising players on their rookie deals, not ****ing Ayton/Bridges.

Right the Jazz are gonna have to pay somebody. I’m glad for the draft picks and flexibility, but the Jazz still need a team of players. I think the Jazz should try to make Ayton into an all star by running the pnr with Conley constantly. Then trade Conley after the break to a contender or wherever once he has value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can buy this if it's young promising players on their rookie deals, not ****ing Ayton/Bridges.
Then it's the KANGZ 2.0 if you load yourselves with a bunch of "young promising players" that don't know how to win. Bridges/Ayton or even Vanderbilt/Beverly ain't no superstars that you can build your franchise around. But these are strong winning pieces you can use to surround your franchise player with. We are gonna tank anyways. So getting young players with cheap rookie deals are not gonna be an issue. If we draft the right player, we instantly gonna become Memphis 2.0 and will become good again real quickly.

Ja is very talented. But he really lucked out with the grizz surrounding him with solid pieces in his second year. Put DM, Fox or many others in his place, Grizz would still be a 50 win team.

Right the Jazz are gonna have to pay somebody. I’m glad for the draft picks and flexibility, but the Jazz still need a team of players. I think the Jazz should try to make Ayton into an all star by running the pnr with Conley constantly. Then trade Conley after the break to a contender or wherever once he has value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some guys talked about trading Don to the Knicks to get RJ and Randle. Then we will naturally play to lose in every game. I'm sure fans would rather watch Bridges/Ayon in street cloth than Randle chucking up 30 shots every night. In that case, even if we get Wemby and he become Durant 2.0, we will be a 30win team because we didn't set up our roster for success

Then it's the KANGZ 2.0 if you load yourselves with a bunch of "young promising players" that don't know how to win. Bridges/Ayton or even Vanderbilt/Beverly ain't no superstars that you can build your franchise around. But these are strong winning pieces you can use to surround your franchise player with. We are gonna tank anyways. So getting young players with cheap rookie deals are not gonna be an issue. If we draft the right player, we instantly gonna become Memphis 2.0 and will become good again real quickly.

Ja is very talented. But he really lucked out with the grizz surrounding him with solid pieces in his second year. Put DM, Fox or many others in his place, Grizz would still be a 50 win team.
The Kings have done two things in the last two decades:

1. Hang onto players that are good enough to keep them from fully tanking.
2. Whiffed on every single high pick they've actually gotten when they *have* tanked.

Getting Ayton/Bridges for Mitchell instead of a treasure trove of picks seems like following the first option.

It's more like recognizing that we won't be able to tank with them unless we sit them most of the year every year until we're good again.

They’re so good you think either one would individually lead us to the playoffs?

The Kings have done two things in the last two decades:

1. Hang onto players that are good enough to keep them from fully tanking.
2. Whiffed on every single high pick they've actually gotten when they *have* tanked.

Getting Ayton/Bridges for Mitchell instead of a treasure trove of picks seems like following the first option.
GSW fully tanked all the way to get second pick overall with Curry and Klay on the team. Holding onto good players(two future HoFers, in this case) would not prevent you from fully tanking.

GSW fully tanked all the way to get second pick overall with Curry and Klay on the team. Holding onto good players(two future HoFers, in this case) would not prevent you from fully tanking.
Yeah not like they were both injured or anything.

Oh wait.

I have no idea what you're trying to argue.

No, I have no idea what you are. You want us to have complete **** players and no building blocks. Getting Ayton is a building block. He is not going to lead us to the playoffs by himself. Is Ayton + a top-5 pick better or worse than a top-5 pick and no other good young players?

No, I have no idea what you are. You want us to have complete **** players and no building blocks. Getting Ayton is a building block. He is not going to lead us to the playoffs by himself. Is Ayton + a top-5 pick better or worse than a top-5 pick and no other good young players?
... yeah, that's definitely the argument. Ayton and a pick or just a pick.

lol. Do you always argue like a politician?

Yeah not like they were both injured or anything.

Oh wait.
Yeah that's when "hamstring management" and "general soreness" would come in handy. GSW could have had Curry come back later in that season but they shut him down so they could embrace the tank. Like I said, you don't have to intentionally go for bad players in order to tank. Bad players would prevent you from ever getting out of the tank even if you are able to draft some future superstars in this league.