What's new

Bargs?

crater77

He's being dangled by the Raptors. Any interest? I do miss Memo the Money Man Okur and his ability to open up the paint. I have no idea about his contract situation. Thoughts?

No. Memo was tough. He could score in the post, rebound and play post D. Toronto has some other players I am interested in.

I haven't seen enough of Bargs to know about his rebounding effort or defense. All I know is he can shoot. What if we snagged Jose as well?

Bargnani is a player that could be a huge steal to the right team. Imagine this dude playing on the Spurs as a role player. He's way better than Bonner.

Toronto is a mess. I still think Bagnani could be a good player if he went to a team that had a strong identity and he was given a very specific role. That team is not the Jazz.

Lol. Jazzfanz never learn.

There is reason his team sucks year after year. What, are you just looking for someone else to complain about?

kanter can shoot threes. just let him for a while I know it will be a gutsy and patience needing move but you ll see.

kanter can shoot threes. just let him for a while I know it will be a gutsy and patience needing move but you ll see.

Had a meeting about this earlier today.

Unless Kanter can be like Kevin Love and get Rebounds, then pop out for threes occasionally, I'd rather just have him stay around the basket for now.

I dont want him

Bargs is anti-jazz player who is scared of physical battle under the rim, no D, no hustle, no heart, no rebounds and another overpaid Colangelo player. He scores but his efficiency is like CJ Miles. Have you ever seen a 7 footer averaging 4 rebounds in 32 min? It's just miracle.

I could actually see the Jazz brass going for him, afterall there was the rumor that they discussed Millsap for Ryan Anderson. Bargnani is similar to Anderson in terms of offense, but I don't know if I would trade Jefferson or Millsap straight up for him, whereas I might for Anderson.

I've actually posted on here before that Toronto should get Boozer (which should be doable) to pair with Bargnani. Boozer, Bargnani, and Lowry could be the poor man's version of Boozer, Memo, and DWill, which could be enough to get Toronto into the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed. I think all it would take is Calderon + Kleiza or Amir Johnson. Works out for both the Bulls and Raptors.

Have you ever seen Bargnani's playoff numbers?

LMAO - about 8 point and 2 and a half rebounds per.

When the game slows down and gets physical he's flat out useless. No thanks.

He doesn't rebound unless the ball falls right in his hands, and even this could go either way.
He has less post game than Memo did, which is saying something.
He's not that great a passer.
He can't really defend centers really well.
He's basically a good shooter when his feet are set, but functionally we have that with Kanter already, and Kanter is a much better rebounder, defender and post player.
If we didn't have Kanter, I'd think about it, but probably pass.
We don't need a 7-footer shooting 3s.

The root beer's okay though.

Bargs is second worst NBA defender I have ever seen ( first is Boozer). If you guys complain about big AL you would shred Bargnani to pieces after single game. His decision making is horrible, he is not a team player and most of the times he looks like he does not care about winning or game of basketball in general. Please no for Bargs on the Jazz. He would not fit here at all.