What's new

Barkley loves that Kanter-Trade...

Best part is, no one is mentioning that OKC the past 5 years has been an above average Defensive team. Since the trade, they have been well below average defensively. I am not trying to call Kanter out but we knew what we had with him and that he wasn't going to be here without paying big. Lindsey got a 1st round pick, high 2nd round pick, a solid prospect overseas, and a bench/development player.

With Kanter here we would have had to spend at least 12M (Probably more) to keep him. Instead we get to see Rudy develop and then can offer him the money instead. If we would have kept him, Rudy was gone and I hope everyone has come to realize this.

In the long run I doubt he really ever helps a team win. But with all the injuries OKC has he was certainly needed this year.

Charles_Barkley.jpg

Dude looks like a genius right now...
I honestly don't know what you're looking for in here CAKAR. He wanted to leave and he's gone. We're better without him and OKC is arguably better with him. He'll get paid this summer and everybody is happy. If you're looking for contrition you are not going to find it here. I for one don't miss him at all. This is the most fun I've had watching the Jazz in years.

OKC got blown out last night and reporters were asking about their defensive struggles. Westbrook got pissed and said something along the lines of "why don't you ask about the defense when we win? I'm confused.

As I pointed out before, statistically, they are awful on defense when Kanter is on the floor. Like worst in the league bad. We also don't know how Kanter will fit when RW and Durant need all the touches they do to be effective.

In the end, I expect Kanter to have a Boozer like career. Teams will enjoy his scoring and rebounding and always be pissed that he just cant and wont defend like he needs to.

Kanter puts up huge numbers against the crappy teams. Out of the good teams OKC has played, he has been completely useless.

I honestly don't know what you're looking for in here CAKAR. He wanted to leave and he's gone. We're better without him and OKC is arguably better with him. He'll get paid this summer and everybody is happy. If you're looking for contrition you are not going to find it here. I for one don't miss him at all. This is the most fun I've had watching the Jazz in years.

Dude, do you now how many Al Jefferson threads I have created ??? Iam not good at letting something go.

You have to realize the fact is that we got what he was worth. You don't think that DL talked to every interested party and took the best deal out there?

No, I personally don't. I have said over and over that Kanter needed to be traded. HOWEVER The way that the trade went down and what we received in return tells me that they shopped him just prior to the trade deadline, even though it was obvious that he wasn't going to work out months before. Let me ask you something...
What did we get in return for Kanter in terms of assets?? <-- this eliminates responses such as cap space, and playing time for existing players.
Nothing___

Ok, now answer this, if you draft a player with a high potential. You spend the time and money it takes to have him train with expert big men, multiple times per week for 3 years. Going into his 3rd year (contract year) he expresses his want to sign with another team. Do you shop him the last minute and pull the trigger receiving virtually nothing in return, or would you shop him early in the year so that when you pull the trigger you are receiving an asset in return so that all of your spent money and man hours don't become a waste??

Keep in mind he was proving himself to be a 15/10 guy. Can you honestly tell me that the offer we received was the best that we could have gotten?? Obviously yes we took the best offer, BECAUSE WE SHOPPED HIM LAST MINUTE. We would have had much more options shopping him in November.

In the long run I doubt he really ever helps a team win. But with all the injuries OKC has he was certainly needed this year.

You are really saying that you doubt he will ever help the OKC Thunder win a game?? I am not a Kanter fan, as much as I am a basketball fan. I am wondering if you just started watching the sport?- based on your comment. What stats make you say that?

I have to defend CAKAR on this one. Yes Kanter wanted to go and we got rid of him. But just because he wanted to go means that its ok to make bad business management decisions and trade him for nothing? We traded a good talent away for nothing. Yes he needed to go, but that doesn't mean that you trade away a talent like that for nothing. 4 Years ago when we were doing horrible, everyone on this site was posting a "tank watch" thread so that we could draft Kanter. I don't believe that teams tank, but never the less, we lost many games to earn the draft position to draft Kanter. Why would anyone that is business savvy trade away a guy for nothing in return that you have invested years in training and development?.
Second___ If this is the most fun you have had watching the Jazz in years, then imagine how fun it would be if the management starts making good decisions and we have a championship contending team.

Last edited:
I have to defend CAKAR on this one. Yes Kanter wanted to go and we got rid of him. But just because he wanted to go means that its ok to make bad business management decisions and trade him for nothing? We traded a good talent away for nothing. Yes he needed to go, but that doesn't mean that you trade away a talent like that for nothing. 4 Years ago when we were doing horrible, everyone on this site was posting a "tank watch" thread so that we could draft Kanter. I don't believe that teams tank, but never the less, we lost many games to earn the draft position to draft Kanter. Why would anyone that is business savvy trade away a guy for nothing in return that you have invested years in training and development?.
Second___ If this is the most fun you have had watching the Jazz in years, then imagine how fun it would be if the management starts making good decisions and we have a championship contending team.

What are you trying to say that already hasn't been said?

A PF/C's job isn't to pass the ball. Never has been since the beginning of basketball. If you have one that can do it efficiently then that's an added bonus.

scratching head..... so hard that hair is falling off.... scalp now bleeding.

Trying to imagine a basketball game where only three of of the five players pass the ball.

....pop, there it was, my head just exploded.

the thing is; now KD is out and OKC is doing much better than before the trade. This year they will be limited in playoffs because KD is missing. But when he returns back next year OKC will be the best offensive team in the league by margin.
İt wasnt a good trade for jazz, but it is better to trade him and start making future plans right now instead of losing him in the offseason while hoping to renew contract

You are really saying that you doubt he will ever help the OKC Thunder win a game?? I am not a Kanter fan, as much as I am a basketball fan. I am wondering if you just started watching the sport?- based on your comment. What stats make you say that?
His generally atrocious (defensive) +/-. Or does half of the entire game of basketball not matter to you either?