What's new

Best Hotels Near Vivent Arena?

audacious3ball

Hey y'all, from an out-of-state Jazz fan who is finally making it to a playoff game I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for the best hotels near the arena? I wanted them to be within easy walking distance and better quality is preferred.

What I've found so far are:
1. Courtyard by Marriott Salt Lake City Downtown
2. Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown
3. Hyatt House Salt Lake City/Downtown
4. Hyatt Place Salt Lake City/Downtown/The Gateway

Thanks in advance!

I would go with either of the Hyatts personally as they offer free breakfast. Radisson is a bit older but not rundown, but a bit more dated than the other properties. The Hyatts and Courtyard are all <5 years old and in good shape.

Price also matters too but you'll likely find that most of these hotels are all within $20 of each other.

Last edited:
Depends on whether you want something a bit upscale or not. The Grand America and the Kimpton would be 4.5-star or 5-star. Little America is a comfortable, relaxed hotel, but you might want to take an Uber to the arena unless you have a car.

What’s the name of that funky hotel on Main Street? It’s caddy corner from the Walker Building. I always enjoyed staying there.

We always use the Marriott Courtyard parking structure when we go to games. It is literally across the street from the arena.
There used to be office parking just south of that that we would always use. It made for a really quick exit onto 3rd south (but then they changed it so you couldn't turn left off 3rd to get onto... whatever road is west of the arena). But last year they started doing construction and that is no longer available. I went to game 1 against Memphis and had to park in a garage just north of the arena... it took forever to get out, and I thought back to the last time I parked in that arena back when we got bumped by the Kings... and it took forget to get out then, too. Never again.

Back to the topic, we stayed at the Hyatt a year and a half ago. It was fine. Seemed kinda sterile, but fine.

It is worth pointing out that Trax is free to hop on/off when you are downtown so you could extend your search area if you wanted, but the convienence of being right next to the arena and not have to deal with the crowds pre/post-game have some merit.