What's new

best Jazz big Man

who is the best

• Total voters
Offensively it's Big Al, defensively it's Favors.
Favors still puts up points, has improved his Fts, jump shot, and overall game. Still much younger than Al.
What you need late in games is Big Al's offense/clutchness, and Favors defense, and nastyness.

Offensively it's Big Al, defensively it's Favors.
Favors still puts up points, has improved his Fts, jump shot, and overall game. Still much younger than Al.
What you need late in games is Big Al's offense/clutchness, and Favors defense, and nastyness.
if al isnt playing late game needs will be gone.
late game needs tended to turn in garbage minutes when al was not playing for the jazz.
come playoff time we might need "late game needs" but jefferson sucks in the playoff

if al isnt playing late game needs will be gone.
late game needs tended to turn in garbage minutes when al was not playing for the jazz.
come playoff time we might need "late game needs" but jefferson sucks in the playoff

Good point. Against quality bigs on the road I have no faith in Big Al. So even when/if we make the playoffs
Big Al being our most offensive clutch player doesn't matter. Most of the games won't even be close, and Big Al won't play
as well against high caliber bigs.

Millsap has the most complete game right now. He would be even better with a defensive big man playing a majority of the minutes next to him. It won't take Favors long to pass him though.

No brainer - AL is the best today. Favors has the greatest upside. Sap is a 6th man who is great to have around but needs to go if he insists on being a starter.

Favors and Kanter would be more efficient if they get starter minutes, they may not put up same numbers like Paul and Jefferson but i would like to see a 12/10 with activity and hustle at both ends of the floor rather than 17/10 from a guy with a predictable and static offense and passivity at the deffensive end. So its an easy Favors for me.

No brainer - AL is the best today. Favors has the greatest upside. Sap is a 6th man who is great to have around but needs to go if he insists on being a starter.

al is far from consistent offensively.
he gets a garantueed 15 shots per game. yet with those 15 shots he sometimes scores 10 sometimes 25 sometimes 15 sometimes.
that is not consistent.
that is jsut chucking.
i bet if favors or kanter or pimpslap get thopse garanteed 15 attempts per game they would be as "consitent" as al

al shot 16.6 shots per game in the last 5 games and scored a WHOPPING 16 points per game. look in the mirror and tell yourself with a straightface that kanter favros or millsap cant get 16 points per game with 16.6 fga per game

for the season Jefferson has been averaging 15.3 shots per game and has a whopping 17.2 per game
again tell me kanter millsap and favors cant get 17 points with 15 shots per game.
or another great idea get rid of al and give milsap, favors kanter 5.1 fga attemps per game more and i'm sure as hell they will get more than jeffersons 17.2 points per game in total.

let's do a hypotetical lets say jefferson is gone millsap, kanter and favors get his 15.3 attempts per game.
millsap is avg now 11.4fga per game and gets 14.8ppg thats 1.3 points per attempt. multiply it by 5.1 = 6.63 points per game more for millsap bringin his total to 21.4ppg
favors is avg now 7.2fga per game and gets 9.3ppg thats 1.3 points per attempt. multiply it by 5.1 = 6.63 points bringin favors point total to 15.93ppg
kanter is avg now 4.8 fga per game gets 6.3ppg thats 1.3 points per attempt again multiply it by 5.1 = 6.63 points per game bringin kanters total to 12.6
those 3 could potentially score 19.9points per game more.

so thats a 2.7 more points per game than jefferson.
so jeffersons offensive game is overrated and we dont need him.
well maybe except for his clutchness. but on the road and come playoff time his clutchness is USELESS.

defensive jazz will make a bigger jump than 2.7points per game.

Jefferson is so far the best big man statistically.
but like boozer stats aint everything.

jefferson is expendable offensively.

kanter and favors are not expendable defensively.
millsap = jazz basketball to the core

Favors and Kanter would be more efficient if they get starter minutes, they may not put up same numbers like Paul and Jefferson but i would like to see a 12/10 with activity and hustle at both ends of the floor rather than 17/10 from a guy with a predictable and static offense and passivity at the deffensive end. So its an easy Favors for me.

lol thats what i was trying to say in above post

If Favors had ANY kind of offensive skill other than putbacks, i`d say Favors. But hopefully he can learn some offense. With his size and athleticism, he should be able to pretty much have his way around the basket. But the skill is not there yet.

Favors protecting the rim and playing good D (Imagine PnR being defended for once) - I'll take that over relying on inconsistent shooters - Favors for me

al is far from consistent offensively.
he gets a garantueed 15 shots per game. yet with those 15 shots he sometimes scores 10 sometimes 25 sometimes 15 sometimes.
that is not consistent.
that is jsut chucking.
i bet if favors or kanter or pimpslap get thopse garanteed 15 attempts per game they would be as "consitent" as al

al shot 16.6 shots per game in the last 5 games and scored a WHOPPING 16 points per game. look in the mirror and tell yourself with a straightface that kanter favros or millsap cant get 16 points per game with 16.6 fga per game

for the season Jefferson has been averaging 15.3 shots per game and has a whopping 17.2 per game
again tell me kanter millsap and favors cant get 17 points with 15 shots per game.
or another great idea get rid of al and give milsap, favors kanter 5.1 fga attemps per game more and i'm sure as hell they will get more than jeffersons 17.2 points per game in total.

let's do a hypotetical lets say jefferson is gone millsap, kanter and favors get his 15.3 attempts per game.
millsap is avg now 11.4fga per game and gets 14.8ppg thats 1.3 points per attempt. multiply it by 5.1 = 6.63 points per game more for millsap bringin his total to 21.4ppg
favors is avg now 7.2fga per game and gets 9.3ppg thats 1.3 points per attempt. multiply it by 5.1 = 6.63 points bringin favors point total to 15.93ppg
kanter is avg now 4.8 fga per game gets 6.3ppg thats 1.3 points per attempt again multiply it by 5.1 = 6.63 points per game bringin kanters total to 12.6
those 3 could potentially score 19.9points per game more.

so thats a 2.7 more points per game than jefferson.
so jeffersons offensive game is overrated and we dont need him.
well maybe except for his clutchness. but on the road and come playoff time his clutchness is USELESS.

defensive jazz will make a bigger jump than 2.7points per game.

Jefferson is so far the best big man statistically.
but like boozer stats aint everything.

jefferson is expendable offensively.

kanter and favors are not expendable defensively.
millsap = jazz basketball to the core

i have been saying this for 2 freaking years... you give a guy enough shots he is going to score, but how efficent is the real question?... jefferson is one of the most unefficent players on the jazz floor.

I voted for Millsap based on several factors. I do think that if Kanter was getting 30+ minutes a night, I think he would be our most consistent and productive big on both ends of the court.

I voted for Millsap based on several factors. I do think that if Kanter was getting 30+ minutes a night, I think he would be our most consistent and productive big on both ends of the court.

he is already very productve with the 5 to 13 mins he gets now. you know he is going to score and get RB and move with out the ball.. something i cant say about al

i have been saying this for 2 freaking years... you give a guy enough shots he is going to score, but how efficent is the real question?... jefferson is one of the most unefficent players on the jazz floor.

exaclty givin 15shots per game i think the following players can surely avg 17 points
mo williams
gordon hayward
burks
favors
kanter
millsap
foye

exaclty givin 15shots per game i think the following players can surely avg 17 points
mo williams
gordon hayward
burks
favors
kanter
millsap
foye

hell you give me 15 shots i think i could get 17.. lol probably not but if i was 6 foot 10 i could lol.
i agree with you for once though, thanks for helping us come to terms and agree on something... i almost feel we could be friends someday now.

millsap is avg 11.4fga per game with 14.8 ppg.

so it is 100% sure that if millsa gets 15attemps per game
3 more shot he could get to the 17.2ppg big al is averaging.

so whoever says big al is offensively special, is saying a hog of crap

millsap is avg 11.4fga per game with 14.8 ppg.

so it is 100% sure that if millsa gets 15attemps per game
3 more shot he could get to the 17.2ppg big al is averaging.

so whoever says big al is offensively special, is saying a hog of crap

we have shown a few times we can survuve with out als touches. the team actually looks more fluid playing with out him. remember last year when his grandma died (bless her heart) we looked actually really good for those 3 or something games.