What's new

Best shows on TV?

I think it wasn’t a doc but an episode of 48 Hours I watched. I gotta rewatch it now.

Started season 2 of The Lincoln Lawyer. It’s enjoyable but absolutely preposterous.

I think it wasn’t a doc but an episode of 48 Hours I watched. I gotta rewatch it now.

Started season 2 of The Lincoln Lawyer. It’s enjoyable but absolutely preposterous.
Is that based off that Matthew Mchanahey (no idea how to spell that name lol) movie? And was that movie based off a book?

Yeah it’s based off of the book, or at least the character is. It’s beyond ridiculous but it’s fun.
I just watched the released part of Season 2 as well. It is fun. I can't see Lisa Trammell's portrayer as anything but the evil queen in "Once Upon a Time," so I prejudged her from the start. Looking forward to the rest of the season next month.

Nancy Drew has been running on the CW, and The Hardy Boys is coming to Hulu. When do the Bobbsey twins get their turn to shine?
I had a couple of their books when I was a kid. The twins x 2 were great.

Cyberpunk: Edgerunners

Don't watch it. It is great. It belongs in the list of best shows on tv. It rightfully has a 100% critics score and a 95% audience score on rotten tomatoes. It is available on Netflix but don't watch it. I do not recommend it. The word "masterpiece" is used in connection with the show, and I can't disagree, but it will damage your soul.

Jury Duty on Amazon Prime.

Started a little slow the first two episodes but I ended up loving it.

Basically a guy thinks he's on a jury that gets sequestered but everyone else is an actor. Dumb, sure. Parts are over the top ridiculous. But the guy doesn't know and it's really all about him and how he deals with the nonsense.

Heartwarming.

Jury Duty on Amazon Prime.

Started a little slow the first two episodes but I ended up loving it.

Basically a guy thinks he's on a jury that gets sequestered but everyone else is an actor. Dumb, sure. Parts are over the top ridiculous. But the guy doesn't know and it's really all about him and how he deals with the nonsense.

Heartwarming.
This is essentially the same premise as a show that aired in like 2003, called Joe Schmo, where they did a standard reality show, but only one guy wasn't an actor. We liked that one so I was interested in watching jury duty.

Im watching the latest season of What We Do In The Shadows and its fantastic as usual.

This is essentially the same premise as a show that aired in like 2003, called Joe Schmo, where they did a standard reality show, but only one guy wasn't an actor. We liked that one so I was interested in watching jury duty.
That one is next on my list. Very similar premise. I found out about them because a youtuber, GunnarTV, did some react content on both of them.

That one is next on my list. Very similar premise. I found out about them because a youtuber, GunnarTV, did some react content on both of them.
Joe Schmo was actually really good. I read that they initially intended on making jokes at the guy's expense, but after an early screening of an early episode showed a strong emotional connection with the guy because he was just so sincere, seriously just a real wholesome "good guy" for real, that they changed it to build him up, and it worked really really well. Good watch for sure.

Joe Schmo was actually really good. I read that they initially intended on making jokes at the guy's expense, but after an early screening of an early episode showed a strong emotional connection with the guy because he was just so sincere, seriously just a real wholesome "good guy" for real, that they changed it to build him up, and it worked really really well. Good watch for sure.
I'm surprised by the actors they got for that and that the guy didn't recognize them. But I probably know them from stuff after 2003.

I'm surprised by the actors they got for that and that the guy didn't recognize them. But I probably know them from stuff after 2003.
Yeah most of them were pretty unknown or less known then.

Quietly one of the absolute best shows on television. Period.

Scathing rebuke and skewering of the entertainment and streaming industries, to the point of nearly being 4th-wall breaking meta satire, but seamlessly interwoven with slapstick and ridiculous dark comedy, outlandish, yet grounded characters, and a gritty undercurrent that makes a balance with all the rest that is crazy hard to pull off. Excellent acting through and through. One of my favorite roles ever for Henry Winkler, who just kills it in this thing. And the emotional swings are real and earned. It is a crazy mish-mash of dark comedy, straight up drama, police procedural, and satire that I would have thought would be too ridiculous to carry any weight, but I found the end of season 3, hell all of season 3, well let's say about all of it, to be weighty in all the right ways. Great characters, insane conflicts, outrageous gags, and you find yourself laughing at stuff you wouldn't normally find funny, and then yanked from laughing at the darkly comedic pieces when they explode into real emotion and you feel deeply for the characters. I don't want to give anything away, it is highly bingeable, with relatively short episodes, less than 45 minutes, so do yourself a favor and watch it.

I will just say this, I don't think I would have ever laughed at a woman accidentally shooting her own son in the gut, yet here we are.

Be prepared, like everything else on streaming they are trying to break every record for the use of the F-word, so if that bothers you, then this might not be for you. It is almost enough to turn off my wife, for example, but just on the edge. Sometimes it feels natural and earned, but mostly just gratuitous.

Anyway, that aside, has to be one of the best shows I have seen in recent memory. I could not name another show that it resembles either, feels very fresh and unique and original. We completed all 3 seasons in about 3 weeks. Cannot wait for season 4.

I also fully recognize this will not be for everyone. To me it hits all the high points, but I am sure there will be people who feel it is too ludicrous or too dramatic or not balanced enough for too dark (it is really very dark), or whatever. But we love it.
I always enjoy/respect your perspective but you've really outdone yourself with this, Log.

TV show on apple tv with a similar vibe to Ted Lasso. Called Platonic and stars Rose Byrne and Seth Rogan. 2 of my favorites at the top of their game in this show. Very funny. Sadly, only 1 season.