What's new

Best shows on TV?

SoberasHotRod

Anybody watching Andor? I haven't liked any of the other Star Wars series, but Andor is different. The acting/writing/directing are much better than the other series. It's less of an alien story and more of a human story. We'll see where it goes, but I would recommend checking it out.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Finished season 2 of Reservation Dogs. Great show. Really funny and surprisingly heart felt. The end of season 2 is a real tearjerker.

Now starting 12 Monkeys the tv series. Only halfway through episode 1 but im liking it so far.

Rubashov

2019 Award Winner
landscape-desktop.764.430.jpg

Bout a bunch of Northern English monkeys nicking **** and getting into and out of trouble.

Last edited:

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Im giving up on 12 Monkeys tv series.
Watching "where the crawdads sing" movie right now cause I read the book and loved the book. As usual, its a bad idea to watch the movie after reading the book. (Im not liking the movie)

Gonna watch The Patient next I think.

Gameface

PICKS = FLEXIBILITY
Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Im giving up on 12 Monkeys tv series.
Watching "where the crawdads sing" movie right now cause I read the book and loved the book. As usual, its a bad idea to watch the movie after reading the book. (Im not liking the movie)

Gonna watch The Patient next I think.
What was your main issue with 12 Monkeys?

I haven't watched any of it or really heard any specifics about is but it was on my radar.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
What was your main issue with 12 Monkeys?

I haven't watched any of it or really heard any specifics about is but it was on my radar.

It poorly written, mostly poorly acted, very cliche, and confusing because it didnt make sense. I watched about 10 or 11 episodes and couldn’t go on. Didnt want to make the same mistake i made with Animal Kingdom and get too committed to the point that i dont like the show but cant/wont give up on it.

Animal Kingdom was much better than 12 monkeys though and animal kingdom wasnt all that good

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

gandalfe

Always thought she was a sweet little sexpot.
ALWAYS? Her movie career started when she was 8, and her breakout role was when she was about 12 or 13 (Kick ***).

So, ew.

But, yeah, she seems like she'll be good in it. I have had my heart broken by adaptations so many times lately (American Gods, Altered Carbon, and Preacher jump to mind - they all started well, but soon lost the plot) that I'm fearful. But then things like the Expanse and Good Omens come to mind (jury is still out on Sandman, if it's cancelled, it will be the most disappointing, just because it deserves a few seasons) and I feel hope again.

gandalfe

FInally watching Reservation Dogs, almost done with Season 1. This show is amazing. Funny as hell, moving, the language is fantastic (think of what they did on the Expanse but do it with real language/slang).