What's new

Best shows on TV?

In terms of primetime network sitcoms, Superstore is pretty solid. Worth spending 30 min a week watching.

The most recent episode of the Mandalorian was a lot better than the last few, and probably the best of the series so far.

I mentioned the show in a different thread and I was surprised a few people hadn't heard of it. The best Sci-Fi series of the decade and it's not close.

I mentioned the show in a different thread and I was surprised a few people hadn't heard of it. The best Sci-Fi series of the decade and it's not close.

I watched it on SyFy, but I'm not adding another streaming service to watch it.

Has anyone watched You on Netflix? It has two seasons and the main character plays his role extremely well. Just all-around great show.

I started season two last night having watched the first like two years ago, and thinking it was good but not great.

I ended up staying up until 8am watching it. It might be the best Sci-Fi series ever made.

I started season two last night having watched the first like two years ago, and thinking it was good but not great.

I ended up staying up until 8am watching it. It might be the best Sci-Fi series ever made.
It is the most scientifically accurate...

Has anyone watched You on Netflix? It has two seasons and the main character plays his role extremely well. Just all-around great show.
I felt like the female lead in Season 1 was definitely not worth the trouble, although she has a great voice. Season 2 was much better in that regard, even with the extremely predictable twist at the end.

And what do you think about it so far?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Curious what OB and others think about it. I watched all of Season 1, and have mixed feelings about it. I think it is, first and foremost, a series for fans of the books/games who know the characters already and get what's going on. The show skips between timelines quite a bit, which you can follow well enough if you're paying attention, but it's often poorly explained how events in one timeline impact the others-- I found myself googling like a fool after each episode to fully understand what I had just watched. I'd advise anyone not extremely into the books/games to have their smartphone on-hand...

Henry Cavill is fairly wooden in his portrayal of the main character, Geralt. Without knowing anything about the character outside this series, though, I did get the impression he was actually being pretty true to the character. There are a couple of characters-- I can't remember the name of the minstrel that starts following him around-- that are paired brilliantly with him, providing some much-needed comic relief. Oh, and every single action/battle sequence featuring Geralt basically gives you everything you could wish for in a sword fight-- the choreography and violence are pretty mind-blowing.

Outside of that, non-fans who love HBO/Showtime/Skinemax-type content are going to get it in spades. Game of Thrones has NOTHING you won't find here, plus some. Use your imagination, if you're not sure what I mean by that. :)

Without spoiling anything, I will say the final episode was probably the coolest cinematic depiction of magic/sorcery I have ever seen-- it was incredible and downright imaginative. There were also events in the final episode that made me sick to my stomach, though, and not entirely sure I would want to continue watching when Season 2 comes around sometime, evidently, in 2021. Much like with GoT, you'd be wise not to invest yourself too deeply in anybody not named Geralt avoiding a brutal death.

Curious what OB and others think about it. I watched all of Season 1, and have mixed feelings about it. I think it is, first and foremost, a series for fans of the books/games who know the characters already and get what's going on. The show skips between timelines quite a bit, which you can follow well enough if you're paying attention, but it's often poorly explained how events in one timeline impact the others-- I found myself googling like a fool after each episode to fully understand what I had just watched. I'd advise anyone not extremely into the books/games to have their smartphone on-hand...

Henry Cavill is fairly wooden in his portrayal of the main character, Geralt. Without knowing anything about the character outside this series, though, I did get the impression he was actually being pretty true to the character. There are a couple of characters-- I can't remember the name of the minstrel that starts following him around-- that are paired brilliantly with him, providing some much-needed comic relief. Oh, and every single action/battle sequence featuring Geralt basically gives you everything you could wish for in a sword fight-- the choreography and violence are pretty mind-blowing.

Outside of that, non-fans who love HBO/Showtime/Skinemax-type content are going to get it in spades. Game of Thrones has NOTHING you won't find here, plus some. Use your imagination, if you're not sure what I mean by that. :)

Without spoiling anything, I will say the final episode was probably the coolest cinematic depiction of magic/sorcery I have ever seen-- it was incredible and downright imaginative. There were also events in the final episode that made me sick to my stomach, though, and not entirely sure I would want to continue watching when Season 2 comes around sometime, evidently, in 2021. Much like with GoT, you'd be wise not to invest yourself too deeply in anybody not named Geralt avoiding a brutal death.
Very good description thanks
I will add it to my list. (still wanting to watch schitts Creek, The Expanse, and I think you should leave, so who knows when I will get around to it)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app