What's new

Best shows on TV?

Always thought she was a sweet little sexpot.
ALWAYS? Her movie career started when she was 8, and her breakout role was when she was about 12 or 13 (Kick ***).

So, ew.

But, yeah, she seems like she'll be good in it. I have had my heart broken by adaptations so many times lately (American Gods, Altered Carbon, and Preacher jump to mind - they all started well, but soon lost the plot) that I'm fearful. But then things like the Expanse and Good Omens come to mind (jury is still out on Sandman, if it's cancelled, it will be the most disappointing, just because it deserves a few seasons) and I feel hope again.

FInally watching Reservation Dogs, almost done with Season 1. This show is amazing. Funny as hell, moving, the language is fantastic (think of what they did on the Expanse but do it with real language/slang).

I watched the first episode of White Lotus last night and I'm definitely in to keep watch for now.

FInally watching Reservation Dogs, almost done with Season 1. This show is amazing. Funny as hell, moving, the language is fantastic (think of what they did on the Expanse but do it with real language/slang).
It is just so well done. Absolutely one of the best shows right now.

Its so so good. Season two is great as well.
Willy jack is my favorite of the kids by far. Also the indian spirit guy is freaking hilarious.

Season two is less about laughs and more about emotions btw but is equally well done.

Oh ya and the twin little people rappers are fantastic.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Its so so good. Season two is great as well.
Willy jack is my favorite of the kids by far. Also the indian spirit guy is freaking hilarious.

Season two is less about laughs and more about emotions btw but is equally well done.

Oh ya and the twin little people rappers are fantastic.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
After the ending of S1, I am scared about S2. It's the personal interactions that make it great, and now that's broken.

Cheese is awesome. Sometimes he acts like he's 7 years old, sometimes 47. Willy Jack is also great. Bear is about the only one who is a complete idiot, and you still understand where he's coming from.

My nipples are always hard.

After the ending of S1, I am scared about S2. It's the personal interactions that make it great, and now that's broken.

Cheese is awesome. Sometimes he acts like he's 7 years old, sometimes 47. Willy Jack is also great. Bear is about the only one who is a complete idiot, and you still understand where he's coming from.

My nipples are always hard.
If the personal interactions are what you like about the show then you will like season 2 better than season 1. Season 2 is much more emotional.

If the personal interactions are what you like about the show then you will like season 2 better than season 1. Season 2 is much more emotional.
Oh, man, the scene in the porta-potty between Bear and Spirit just broke me. I was seriously crying - I've had 4 people very close to me die in the last few years (chronologically, my step-mother of 40 years, my son, my best friend, and most recently my dad), and this just hit it for me.

View: https://youtu.be/qBD-pMDbTqg?t=138

Reservation Dogs is basically Native American Atlanta, right?

I watched the first episode a couple of months ago but havent gotten around to actually watching the season.

Reservation Dogs is basically Native American Atlanta, right?

I watched the first episode a couple of months ago but havent gotten around to actually watching the season.
I haven't watch Atlanta but from what little I know about it I think you are mostly right. Its fantastic.

Oh, man, the scene in the porta-potty between Bear and Spirit just broke me. I was seriously crying - I've had 4 people very close to me die in the last few years (chronologically, my step-mother of 40 years, my son, my best friend, and most recently my dad), and this just hit it for me.

View: https://youtu.be/qBD-pMDbTqg?t=138

Ya thats a great scene. Just a great show. Going into it I didn't think I would like it. Was surprised by how well acted and written it is.

I just watched the first episode of Let's Be Real. I normally don't favor that sort of satire, but this one had laughing over and over.

Shows how easily the innocent can be convicted by a determined policeman. Safe for conservatives.
Love the "safe for conservatives" warning label.

One thing I've really enjoyed over the last several years (slowed a lot between 2019-2021) is live stand-up comedy. I actually live about a half-mile from a small comedy club and I like going there or their larger club that is downtown SLC. When I'm there I've got to imagine what a bummer it must be to be a conservative and to be triggered, offended and outraged by so much of pop culture these days. So many of the comedians clearly and directly call out conservative talking points, self-defeating behaviors, harm they cause to other people who have done nothing to them ever, etc.. There's a comedian I lightly follow on youtube and who I've seen live at the comedy club close to my house, Steve Hofstetter, who posts a lot of heckler beatdowns and I'm sure you could guess but a lot of the hecklers are heckling because they want to shout their Tucker Carlson talking points during the show.

I've been in the audience twice when someone in the audience decides to shout racist things at the comedian headliner. The headliner. The person who's face is on the webpage when you PAY MONEY to get tickets to their show. One was an Hispanic woman the other was a black man. They actually called the black guy the N-word in their little outburst. He handled it pretty well but was obviously shaken a little.

Anyway, hard-righters are denying themselves so much art and entertainment because they can't get out of their little "truth bubbles" and just laugh at themselves a little.