What's new

Best shows on TV?

Love the "safe for conservatives" warning label.

One thing I've really enjoyed over the last several years (slowed a lot between 2019-2021) is live stand-up comedy. I actually live about a half-mile from a small comedy club and I like going there or their larger club that is downtown SLC. When I'm there I've got to imagine what a bummer it must be to be a conservative and to be triggered, offended and outraged by so much of pop culture these days. So many of the comedians clearly and directly call out conservative talking points, self-defeating behaviors, harm they cause to other people who have done nothing to them ever, etc.. There's a comedian I lightly follow on youtube and who I've seen live at the comedy club close to my house, Steve Hofstetter, who posts a lot of heckler beatdowns and I'm sure you could guess but a lot of the hecklers are heckling because they want to shout their Tucker Carlson talking points during the show.

I've been in the audience twice when someone in the audience decides to shout racist things at the comedian headliner. The headliner. The person who's face is on the webpage when you PAY MONEY to get tickets to their show. One was an Hispanic woman the other was a black man. They actually called the black guy the N-word in their little outburst. He handled it pretty well but was obviously shaken a little.

Anyway, hard-righters are denying themselves so much art and entertainment because they can't get out of their little "truth bubbles" and just laugh at themselves a little.
You should check out the channel Dry Bar. It's a Utah club I guess, Provo or something, so the comedians hit on some Utah stuff and it also makes it generally family friendly but I've seen several I never heard before that are hilarious. Worth checking out.

I am watching something and with my previous post in this thread in mind a point made really struck me.

It was a youtuber, a food youtuber called Adam Ragusea, who answered a question "why do you sometimes include politics in videos that aren't about that political topic?" *paraphrased

What struck me was my own personal anecdotal correlation that I made in that moment that the same people who spend 90%+ of their entertainment attention to exclusively political content are the same people who complain that people are making things too political in the >10% of the entertainment they watch. Football, basketball, late night comedy, etc..

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h18Z8HnEoU

Last edited:
You should check out the channel Dry Bar. It's a Utah club I guess, Provo or something, so the comedians hit on some Utah stuff and it also makes it generally family friendly but I've seen several I never heard before that are hilarious. Worth checking out.
The club I go to, Wiseguys, uses Dry Bar clips a lot on the promotion page for upcoming comedians. I've seen several people both live and on dry bar because of that. Here's one of my more favorite and I'll see if the absolute funniest local guy is on there and post that if I can find it.

The club I go to, Wiseguys, uses Dry Bar clips a lot on the promotion page for upcoming comedians. I've seen several people both live and on dry bar because of that. Here's one of my more favorite and I'll see if the absolute funniest local guy is on there and post that if I can find it.

He's good I've seen his stuff before.

He's good I've seen his stuff before.
I worked with a guy who claimed to know him as a close friend. Disclaimer, this same guy also claimed that he was good friends with a popular Twitch streamer who he sometimes goes and visits and fly fishes with.

I'm telling this because the guy I knew was a Straight Edger. I 100% believe that the gang Shane Smith was in was the Straight Edgers. So when he talks about his gang activity you have to know that the gang he was in was the Straight Edge gang.

There is no gang I hate even 1% as much as Straight Edgers. It's the absolute stupidest gang that has ever existed. They are probably the most idiotically violent gang that there has ever been.

The last of us is pretty good so far. Seems like another walking dead so far really. Seems a bit more visceral at this point, 2nd episode. Interesting idea for the infection.

I worked with a guy who claimed to know him as a close friend. Disclaimer, this same guy also claimed that he was good friends with a popular Twitch streamer who he sometimes goes and visits and fly fishes with.

I'm telling this because the guy I knew was a Straight Edger. I 100% believe that the gang Shane Smith was in was the Straight Edgers. So when he talks about his gang activity you have to know that the gang he was in was the Straight Edge gang.

There is no gang I hate even 1% as much as Straight Edgers. It's the absolute stupidest gang that has ever existed. They are probably the most idiotically violent gang that there has ever been.
I had a lot of altercations with straight edgers. Funny thing is that i would run into some of them later in life and they would be alcoholic cokeheads more often than not.

I absolutely love Your Honor. A lot of similarities to breaking bad. Really good show. (doesn't have good rating though)

There was an off-shoot of this active in the Reno area for a while. A friend of my son's got involved. I cannot remember what they called themselves but one of them had straight-edge tattoos and such, apparently the leader. Somehow they decided they needed to enact vigilante justice in the Reno area so they started targeting people on the sex offender registry. Chased down and beat the **** out of like 3 guys before most of them got arrested, like 7 or 8 of them. Wasn't a big group, maybe 15 or so total at one point, but they made some headlines. Almost killed one guy iirc. Talking to my son's friend he said "the cops won't do it, so we need to see these mother****ers pay with their lives". Turned out one guy they beat up was on the registry because he had just turned 19 and his girlfriend of a couple years was 16 when the parents found out they had been having sex and her parents flipped out, charged with statutory rape. One of those we hear about from time to time that show that the registry thing isn't all it's cracked up to be. So he got on the registry. Later, when he could legally have contact with her when she was 21 I guess, they actually ran away together and ended up in Reno, at this point the guy was like 26 or 27. So they staked out his house, followed him around until they caught him at an opportune moment and beat the **** out of him. That is ****ed up.

Man there are just too many to keep up with. Tough to be a cord cutter anymore when you pay so much for all the streaming services you might as well do TV anyway. But even with all our streaming services we still pay less than a TV package that would give us comparable channels.

Man there are just too many to keep up with. Tough to be a cord cutter anymore when you pay so much for all the streaming services you might as well do TV anyway. But even with all our streaming services we still pay less than a TV package that would give us comparable channels.
There are ways...........

I've decided to rewatch all Star Trek, in release order. Not sure what I'll do when I get to the point that both TNG and DS9 were airing concurrently. But I'm still on S1 of TOS, so I have a while.