What's new

Best shows on TV?

The last of us is pretty good so far. Seems like another walking dead so far really. Seems a bit more visceral at this point, 2nd episode. Interesting idea for the infection.
It is tough to shake the walking dead vibes. In this one though they jumped right into the whole "people are the most dangerous thing in the apocalypse" concept with both feet, kind of. I like it so far, and I think it has a little more heart than TWD to this point, but we will see if they make it so there has to be ever-escalating bad guys no matter how cartoonish they have to be to one-up the last guy (part of the myriad things that killed TWD for me), or if they can find better ways to introduce conflict and action without resorting to the tropes.

And hey, at least TLOU has already introduced an explanation for the fact that the "dead" can still be animated, while on TWD we just had to assume that dead people don't rot in that universe, like at all, because by the end of the first 24 months literally 90% of everyone who went down in the initial infection would be piles of goo and well on their ways to being skeletons, but no, TWD somehow keeps them animated 3, 4, 5 years in. Walking around outside, with no biological function other than animation. Yeah that show was so flawed. Hopefully TLOU is better in the long run. I already like the cast better. Can we all agree that Rick was just the worst?

I’m all caught up on Barry which never disappoints. Such a uniquely original show. Everything about it feels fresh which I need after watching thousands upon thousands of movies and shows.
Quietly one of the absolute best shows on television. Period.

Scathing rebuke and skewering of the entertainment and streaming industries, to the point of nearly being 4th-wall breaking meta satire, but seamlessly interwoven with slapstick and ridiculous dark comedy, outlandish, yet grounded characters, and a gritty undercurrent that makes a balance with all the rest that is crazy hard to pull off. Excellent acting through and through. One of my favorite roles ever for Henry Winkler, who just kills it in this thing. And the emotional swings are real and earned. It is a crazy mish-mash of dark comedy, straight up drama, police procedural, and satire that I would have thought would be too ridiculous to carry any weight, but I found the end of season 3, hell all of season 3, well let's say about all of it, to be weighty in all the right ways. Great characters, insane conflicts, outrageous gags, and you find yourself laughing at stuff you wouldn't normally find funny, and then yanked from laughing at the darkly comedic pieces when they explode into real emotion and you feel deeply for the characters. I don't want to give anything away, it is highly bingeable, with relatively short episodes, less than 45 minutes, so do yourself a favor and watch it.

I will just say this, I don't think I would have ever laughed at a woman accidentally shooting her own son in the gut, yet here we are.

Be prepared, like everything else on streaming they are trying to break every record for the use of the F-word, so if that bothers you, then this might not be for you. It is almost enough to turn off my wife, for example, but just on the edge. Sometimes it feels natural and earned, but mostly just gratuitous.

Anyway, that aside, has to be one of the best shows I have seen in recent memory. I could not name another show that it resembles either, feels very fresh and unique and original. We completed all 3 seasons in about 3 weeks. Cannot wait for season 4.

I also fully recognize this will not be for everyone. To me it hits all the high points, but I am sure there will be people who feel it is too ludicrous or too dramatic or not balanced enough for too dark (it is really very dark), or whatever. But we love it.

Last edited:
Quietly one of the absolute best shows on television. Period.

Scathing rebuke and skewering of the entertainment and streaming industries, to the point of nearly being 4th-wall breaking meta satire, but seamlessly interwoven with slapstick and ridiculous dark comedy, outlandish, yet grounded characters, and a gritty undercurrent that makes a balance with all the rest that is crazy hard to pull off. Excellent acting through and through. One of my favorite roles ever for Henry Winkler, who just kills it in this thing. And the emotional swings are real and earned. It is a crazy mish-mash of dark comedy, straight up drama, police procedural, and satire that I would have thought would be too ridiculous to carry any weight, but I found the end of season 3, hell all of season 3, well let's say about all of it, to be weighty in all the right ways. Great characters, insane conflicts, outrageous gags, and you find yourself laughing at stuff you wouldn't normally find funny, and then yanked from laughing at the darkly comedic pieces when they explode into real emotion and you feel deeply for the characters. I don't want to give anything away, it is highly bingeable, with relatively short episodes, less than 45 minutes, so do yourself a favor and watch it.

I will just say this, I don't think I would have ever laughed at a woman accidentally shooting her own son in the gut, yet here we are.

Be prepared, like everything else on streaming they are trying to break every record for the use of the F-word, so if that bothers you, then this might not be for you. It is almost enough to turn off my wife, for example, but just on the edge. Sometimes it feels natural and earned, but mostly just gratuitous.

Anyway, that aside, has to be one of the best shows I have seen in recent memory. I could not name another show that it resembles either, feels very fresh and unique and original. We completed all 3 seasons in about 3 weeks. Cannot wait for season 4.

I also fully recognize this will not be for everyone. To me it hits all the high points, but I am sure there will be people who feel it is too ludicrous or too dramatic or not balanced enough for too dark (it is really very dark), or whatever. But we love it.
putting it on my list. Will watch soon

The last of us is pretty good so far. Seems like another walking dead so far really. Seems a bit more visceral at this point, 2nd episode. Interesting idea for the infection.
It was filmed in my backyard pretty much - so much fun to see so many familiar places lol. Never knew they can sell Calgary as Boston but it works lol.

Watched the part of "You" Season 4 that's available on Netflix. More next month I think.

Sexiest serial killer ever. Fun twist.

Sent from my SM-A426U using JazzFanz mobile app

I'm hooked on Physical 100 on netflix. Beware that it starts out slow and so you can fast forward through some of the early episodes. I just love a good athletic competition and the comrardery the athletes show each other.

I liked The Night Agent (White House intrigue) and Unstable (comedy with Rob Lowe and his son) on Netflix.

Sent from my SM-A426U using JazzFanz mobile app

Dave is a really underrated show that seems pretty simple and silly on the surface but has way more depth than that if you watch it all.
Im watching Yellowjackets and at first I loved it but it has slowed down a ton and I dont like it so much anymore.
Your Honor on the other hand is a great show that starts off very fast and never takes its foot off the gas.

putting it on my list. Will watch soon
I think I watched 2 episodes and then the app I use wouldn't load the third episode so I moved on. Just got an update for the app and now it seems to be working so I will have to circle back to Barry again in the future.

I think I watched 2 episodes and then the app I use wouldn't load the third episode so I moved on. Just got an update for the app and now it seems to be working so I will have to circle back to Barry again in the future.
The last season is nuts so far. Really liking it. Henry winkler is fantastic.