What's new

Best shows on TV?

The last season is nuts so far. Really liking it. Henry winkler is fantastic.
What is the show Winkler was in from my childhood that he is famous for?

Watched the Murdaugh Murders last night. (Netflix)

What a fascinating story about how a family spiraled out of control.

Yeah that's one of those stranger than fiction stories with all the different **** going on.

I haven't watched that particular show but I've seen this story covered 3-4 times from different true crime shows.

Yeah that's one of those stranger than fiction stories with all the different **** going on.

I haven't watched that particular show but I've seen this story covered 3-4 times from different true crime shows.
It’s really amazing and what started it all was just alcohol… lol..

silo-2023-review-1.jpg

Silo is outstanding. It is from the same guy who created Justified and The Americans. Rebecca Furgurson, who also plays Jessica Atreides (Paul's Bene Gesserit Mom) in Dune, also isn't hard on the eyes.

Silo is outstanding. It is from the same guy who created Justified and The Americans. Rebecca Furgurson, who also plays Jessica Atreides (Paul's Bene Gesserit Mom) in Dune, also isn't hard on the eyes.
Couldn’t agree more on Rebecca Ferguson. She is a very elegant, beautiful woman.
The only things that are weird in this show are Tim Robbins trying to act like some sort of a big wig (just can’t get past seeing Bull Durham or Erik the Viking in my head) and Common trying to act like… well… an actor. He’s really stiff.

Just finished Dear Mama, the Tupac and Afeni Shakur documentary. It was amazing. Very well done. 5 hour'ish long episodes. Im a HUGE Tupac fan and I learned a ton of stuff about him that I didn't know. Going into the documentary I though I knew most everything. The last episode brought tears to my eyes multiple times.

Sounds like that family has been out of control for a long time. Seems like it was just a matter of time until the crazy lead to something like that.

Sounds like that family has been out of control for a long time. Seems like it was just a matter of time until the crazy lead to something like that.
I've been pretty big into true crime for the last few years (watching/listening to true crime stories, not participating in true crimes despite what some jazzfanz posters might lead you to believe) and this is story covered many times in many ways by several of the sources I pay attention to. It's such a messed up situation all around.

Watched the American Gladiators series on Netflix after watching the 30 for 30 on ESPN previously. Last year they did the same thing with And 1 mixtape, shoutout to those that can remember when those videos were the most popular file shared videos.

What I enjoyed about the Gladiators docs were they were both very different. 30 for 30 focused on the creators, this slimey Elvis Impersonator guy who never gave proper credit to this strange guy named 'Apache Dan'. They also gave some spotlight to a guy nicknamed '2 scoops' who was the best contestant the show ever had. It was pretty well done.

The Netflix show focused more on the Gladiators themselves and their wacky behind the scenes stories. It was made by Jared Hess, Nitro said he was going to find him in Utah if they did them wrong. The creators were barely mentioned and I got the sense the gladiators didnt particularly like them. Also how the gladiators were getting screwed with low pay and not getting a piece of the sales of the prodcut was a bit eye opening. They asked for these things and they were fired.

Last edited:
I've been pretty big into true crime for the last few years (watching/listening to true crime stories, not participating in true crimes despite what some jazzfanz posters might lead you to believe) and this is story covered many times in many ways by several of the sources I pay attention to. It's such a messed up situation all around.
It's a good example of power and money run amok.

Holy ****. So they caught this Gilgo Beach killer out here on Long Island in NY. My wife told me at about 7:45am, an hour before they revealed his identity. I thought for a little bit and texted her he’ll be 59, white (obvi), married and fairly wealthy.

That’s exactly what he is. I swear to God I also thought to myself he’ll be in construction. I was damn close. He’s an architect and amateur furniture maker.

IMG_4441.jpg

Last edited:
Holy ****. So they caught this Gilgo Beach killer out here on Long Island in NY. My wife told me at about 7:45am, an hour before they revealed his identity. I thought for a little bit and texted her he’ll be 59, white (obvi), married and fairly wealthy.

That’s exactly what he is. I swear to God I also thought to myself he’ll be in construction. I was damn close. He’s an architect and amateur furniture maker.

View attachment 14899
Good call on that.