What's new

"Better Call Saul" Premiere This Sunday!

I think everyone pretty much expects that the name change will happen in the finale. Especially after what's just happened.

It's funny, I get the feeling that most people (myself included) thought that Jimmy would let Chuck down in some way and that's what would cause their rift, but then the opposite happened. They played that well.

I'm really interested to see if Jimmy is tempted to committing Chuck after all this. It seems like too dark of a move for him at this point (as pissed as he is), but there's this saying in playwriting that goes "if you put a gun on the wall, it has to go off by the end of the play." I think it would be strange if the possibility of Jimmy committing Chuck didn't manifest itself again at some point... otherwise, what was the point in bringing up the fact that Jimmy has the sole power to do so?

I hope both Nacho and the Philly PD are big players in the finale.

The first season needs to end on a really high note.

I'm really interested to see if Jimmy is tempted to committing Chuck after all this. It seems like too dark of a move for him at this point (as pissed as he is), but there's this saying in playwriting that goes "if you put a gun on the wall, it has to go off by the end of the play." I think it would be strange if the possibility of Jimmy committing Chuck didn't manifest itself again at some point... otherwise, what was the point in bringing up the fact that Jimmy has the sole power to do so?

He has to be a danger to himself and others to be committed. If he still has all the gas **** in his house, maybe he can.

The show has been much better than I expected and I expected it would be very good. It's fun to speculate on what will happen next but I really have no idea. All the main characters have been written and acted with real depth and complexity. So many directions the storyline can take.

Jimmy obviously turns into Saul but does it happen suddenly because of Chuck's betrayal or does it simmer into next season? It's pretty much a given that Jimmy gets involved again with Nacho and Mike and that opens up some great possibilities for conflict.

I'll guess Jimmy thinks about getting back at Chuck by trying to have him committed but decides instead to cut all ties and start his new life as Saul. Then next season Mike starts working for Gus. Maybe a quick shot of Los Pollos Hermanos in next week's finale will set up that plot line. Gus is mortal enemies with the Juarez Cartel. Tuco runs the cartel in Albuquerque and Nacho works for Tuco. I expect Saul and Mike, and possibly Chuck and Kim, to get caught in the crossfire between those two opposing forces.

You sure a whole year? Don't think they will start back up in the fall?

Is this going to be an extended episode or just the usual time?
I haven't read/heard anything about either of those questions (but I'm always busy as ****, so maybe they've said). I hope it's an extended episode and season 2 premieres in the fall. Waiting a year would be brutal, especially since this season was only 10 episodes.

I haven't read/heard anything about either of those questions (but I'm always busy as ****, so maybe they've said). I hope it's an extended episode and season 2 premieres in the fall. Waiting a year would be brutal, especially since this season was only 10 episodes.
Sadly, it looks like season 2 will be 2016:

https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/06/19/amc-releases-first-photo-from-better-call-saul/275154/

As to whether tonight will be a longer episode, that one I dunno. We'll find out in a few hours.

Like, should I go check the guide? I think it's possible to find out if this is an extended episode. We have the technology!

Got to wait a full ****ing year for more.... damn it to hell.

The finale wasn't that great. Spent too much time in Chicago, but I guess it gave insight to Jimmy. He loves the rush of running scams. I guess it really who he is.

The finale wasn't that great. Spent too much time in Chicago, but I guess it gave insight to Jimmy. He loves the rush of running scams. I guess it really who he is.
Yeah, the funny thing was that it was mostly a setup episode. I too was looking for a little more action, but instead it was almost entirely character background stuff.

Next season should be great. Too bad it's such a long wait.

Yeah, I was hoping for more. I thought there would be more action with Nacho or the Philly PD before the season ended. And I kinda had a hunch they would have a scene in the finale that fast forwards to post-BB like the opening sequence of the show. Oh well.

Really looking forward to season 2 though. The show is basically set up and ready to really take off.