What's new

"Better Call Saul" Premiere This Sunday!

The wife and I went to ABQ this past weekend and took in some BB/BCS sites. Good times. Even dropped the $65 for a Breaking Bad Tour of filming locations. The people that own Walt's house IRL are strange... I guess they did a bunch of remodeling to make it look less like Walt's house (?) and then they just sit in their garage all day telling people to get off their lawn. LOL

The wife and I went to ABQ this past weekend and took in some BB/BCS sites. Good times. Even dropped the $65 for a Breaking Bad Tour of filming locations. The people that own Walt's house IRL are strange... I guess they did a bunch of remodeling to make it look less like Walt's house (?) and then they just sit in their garage all day telling people to get off their lawn. LOL

I wonder how many pizzas they get thrown on their roof per year.

I wonder how many pizzas they get thrown on their roof per year.

Someone said along the weekend trip that Vince Gilligan went on reddit or something begging that people stop doing that. I get the impression we won't see anything to do with Walt's house in BCS even though I was hoping for a Cranston appearance at some point :)

My reading of the article is that there will not be a new series but that the post-Breaking Bad world could be incorporated into Better Call Saul to a much greater degree than the current black and white season openings.

Thanks. I think you're right....

Man, last night's episode was great. My guess is that this is the episide VG said felt to him like the 63rd episode of BB.

Sent from my SM-G930P using JazzFanz mobile app

Here's a great interview with the director of that episode. I wondered why Gus had that smile on his face after Hector and his men had left, and did not catch the reason until I read this piece. Does contain spoilers...

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/better-call-saul-postmortem-sabrosito-154904869.html

Why does Gus hate Hector so much? Is it just because they are drug rivals? I remember in BB Hector kills a close friend of his, but has that happened in this timeline yet?

Why does Gus hate Hector so much? Is it just because they are drug rivals? I remember in BB Hector kills a close friend of his, but has that happened in this timeline yet?

I think so. Pretty sure Gus and his friend were there to show their product for the first time. and.... his friend was killed

They are already in the production mode in BCS.

Holy **** that was a powerful episode. Best of the series so far and right up there with the best in the BB series too. Those performances from Chuck and Jimmy were incredible.
[MENTION=1518]spycam1[/MENTION] [MENTION=1519]dong2ha[/MENTION] [MENTION=3085]Red[/MENTION] [MENTION=1]Jason[/MENTION] [MENTION=592]Jonah[/MENTION]

Interested to see how Chuck handles this. Will they just write off his character and send him to an insane asylum, or will Chuck try to get revenge in some form?

it's amazing how each episode gets better than better.

Amazing season so far.

Will be interesting to see what Chuck will do. He will do some nasty thing to **** up jimmy's career. and..... first glimpse of saul goodman?

Holy **** that was a powerful episode. Best of the series so far and right up there with the best in the BB series too. Those performances from Chuck and Jimmy were incredible.

(fingers in ears) I was at a Jazz game and haven't watched yet :)

Agreed. I like Better Call Saul every bit as much as I liked Breaking Bad.
I am not quite there, but it is really good. I think it is still a tier below Breaking Bad, but a solid show. They are trying hard to avoid creating inconsistencies between the franchises and that is good. They also do a good job of not falling for the whole "oh so that is where he got that one shoe from" kind of **** that pulls you out of the story more than it connects to the other story. They let the characters do that, and that is what matters.

One thing’s for sure. Re-watching Breaking Bad after Better Call Saul feels so good, makes me respect these guys. Such a well planned universe. Even the actors are the same. Amazing.