What's new

Betting Thread

Another successful poker night. This time a smaller $2 multi-table tournament. So I only won $76. But it is my first outright win in an MTT. So thought I'd post. :)

2rvxu0k.jpg

Entered exact same tournament today, and ended up in second place, winning $63. I am really quite good at this game. :)

However, I lost due to the most incredible bad beat I had ever experienced. With the game 3 handed, I was chip leader with 250k chips. I drew 66, and the guy in second place called. The flop wa 6-K-5. I bet half a pot, and the guy raised, so I called. I hit another 6 on the turn, making a quad. I bet half pot, and he calls. A King drops on the river, and I bet another half pot, he raises, and I call. And he had KK, making him a quad king, and losing me a massive pot, worth more than half my chips. :(

Either way, here's the usual screenie.

2daf8ci.jpg

It seems like every time I don't bet on the jazz, they cover the spread!

Jazz covered the spread of like -7.5 vs hornets.
Jazz covered the spread of like -7 vs t-wolves.

I'm putting $500 on the jazz tonight at -4.5 spread vs the Bulls.

I will be really, really mad if Jazz can't cover this spread, considering Bulls played like crap in LA on sunday, Jimmy Butler plays no defense vs Crawford,
Gasol had a decent game, but Rudy should hold him under 15 pts. I think its a safe bet.

Entered exact same tournament today, and ended up in second place, winning $63. I am really quite good at this game. :)

However, I lost due to the most incredible bad beat I had ever experienced. With the game 3 handed, I was chip leader with 250k chips. I drew 66, and the guy in second place called. The flop wa 6-K-5. I bet half a pot, and the guy raised, so I called. I hit another 6 on the turn, making a quad. I bet half pot, and he calls. A King drops on the river, and I bet another half pot, he raises, and I call. And he had KK, making him a quad king, and losing me a massive pot, worth more than half my chips. :(

Either way, here's the usual screenie.

2daf8ci.jpg

These results, especially the fact that you are getting through large fields consistently, is really impressive. It's not my money, but I'd say you should try some larger buy-in tourneys. You'll have a good idea pretty fast if the play is significantly better, or if it is only marginally better. And the payoffs, obviously, would make your time much more worthwhile.

These results, especially the fact that you are getting through large fields consistently, is really impressive. It's not my money, but I'd say you should try some larger buy-in tourneys. You'll have a good idea pretty fast if the play is significantly better, or if it is only marginally better. And the payoffs, obviously, would make your time much more worthwhile.

Thanks. I won again on Sunday btw. :)

I've built my bankroll nearly to $1000 (from 200). I don't know if I'll have time tonight, but I'll try a bunch of $10 tourneys when I can to test the level of competition.

2vah4z9.jpg

Really good job, Siro.

Years ago, on Poker Stars and Full-Tilt, I was getting pretty damn good. I remember winning a satellite that brought me to an expensive tourney. I think first place paid out like 10K...maybe even like 20-30K...I forget. It was a freakin' lot though, I know that. Anyway, I think there was about 330 people and I just hung around for the first couple hours, ranking maybe around 75th out of the remaining 130. Nothing special. And I finally got a solid hand. I forget my hand exactly, 10/J suited maybe. And the flop came out like 10/J/Q off. Anyway, I know I raised, and a guy went all-in and I called. I was behind. The turn came to give me the fullhouse and then a quarter second later the river came and gave the other guy a better fullhouse. He was in the lead so it wasn't a bad beat. But it just sucked because I would've been a top 10-15 chips guy probably and could've just hung around and played prudently. Was such a huge payday. Sucked.

Really good job, Siro.

Years ago, on Poker Stars and Full-Tilt, I was getting pretty damn good. I remember winning a satellite that brought me to an expensive tourney. I think first place paid out like 10K...maybe even like 20-30K...I forget. It was a freakin' lot though, I know that. Anyway, I think there was about 330 people and I just hung around for the first couple hours, ranking maybe around 75th out of the remaining 130. Nothing special. And I finally got a solid hand. I forget my hand exactly, 10/J suited maybe. And the flop came out like 10/J/Q off. Anyway, I know I raised, and a guy went all-in and I called. I was behind. The turn came to give me the fullhouse and then a quarter second later the river came and gave the other guy a better fullhouse. He was in the lead so it wasn't a bad beat. But it just sucked because I would've been a top 10-15 chips guy probably and could've just hung around and played prudently. Was such a huge payday. Sucked.

Oh that sucks. I would have done the same thing, and lost the same way. Did you cash at all?

I want to play on there but hated that they charged my credit card to a lingerie shop in South Korea

I want to play on there but hated that they charged my credit card to a lingerie shop in South Korea

I don't know if you're in the U.S., but they do that because the U.S. has aggressively tried to shut down any money transfers to online poker websites. Pokerstars tried to resist but eventually caved and no longer accepts payments from players in the U.S..

I don't know if you're in the U.S., but they do that because the U.S. has aggressively tried to shut down any money transfers to online poker websites. Pokerstars tried to resist but eventually caved and no longer accepts payments from players in the U.S..

Ya I know why they do it, just sounded horrible when MACU calls you and says recent transactions "you have been charged $50 to a South Korean lingerie shop" lol

Ya I know why they do it, just sounded horrible when MACU calls you and says recent transactions "you have been charged $50 to a South Korean lingerie shop" lol

You're really worried about someone at the credit union thinking you bought some lingerie?

Tried a few more expensive tournaments, but I didn't get too far. Cashed in 2 of them, got eliminated before cashing in 2 others. I don't think the level of competition was noticeably better, but the cards just didn't fall my way. I won a qualifier tournament for a $50 entry fee tourney with a large pay out, and I went on the coldest ****ing run of cards I had ever experienced. I don't think I hit a single hand for the entire run. I won a few hands by bluffing, but it wasn't enough to cash. Today, I went back to $3 tournaments, and entered a big one with 400+ players. Finished in second place. I could have probably played better in the final heads-up, but I was really tired after 6 hours of playing, and just went all in with a top pair. Winner beat me with a two pair. Oh well, $177 made.

1z2oizk.jpg

Tried a few more expensive tournaments, but I didn't get too far. Cashed in 2 of them, got eliminated before cashing in 2 others. I don't think the level of competition was noticeably better, but the cards just didn't fall my way. I won a qualifier tournament for a $50 entry fee tourney with a large pay out, and I went on the coldest ****ing run of cards I had ever experienced. I don't think I hit a single hand for the entire run. I won a few hands by bluffing, but it wasn't enough to cash. Today, I went back to $3 tournaments, and entered a big one with 400+ players. Finished in second place. I could have probably played better in the final heads-up, but I was really tired after 6 hours of playing, and just went all in with a top pair. Winner beat me with a two pair. Oh well, $177 made.

1z2oizk.jpg

This is my experience with this. You win a lot early, building your confidence, and up the ante, and then lose it all.

I'll never play online again. Don't trust the sites at all.

This is my experience with this. You win a lot early, building your confidence, and up the ante, and then lose it all.

I'll never play online again. Don't trust the sites at all.

Nah. I've played probably 100k hands already. And I know people who have been successful on Bogdog for over a decade. Play good poker, and you'll build your bankroll. 80% of players on there are total donks.

Well I had bet the last of my money (79 dollars) on a hayward over and lost so I figured I was out of the game.

But.... I had forgot that I placed a bet when the playoffs began that was afc +2.5 in the superbowl (I was counting on the pats).

So I have 9.55 now.

So I bet all of it on a 4 team parlay tonight.
Bulls +4.5 at home against Atlanta
Lakers +15.5 at Cleveland
Jazz +2.0 at new Orleans
Boston -1 at home against the clippers.

If I win I get like 112 dollars

Well I had bet the last of my money (79 dollars) on a hayward over and lost so I figured I was out of the game.

But.... I had forgot that I placed a bet when the playoffs began that was afc +2.5 in the superbowl (I was counting on the pats).

So I have 9.55 now.

So I bet all of it on a 4 team parlay tonight.
Bulls +4.5 at home against Atlanta
Lakers +15.5 at Cleveland
Jazz +2.0 at new Orleans
Boston -1 at home against the clippers.

If I win I get like 112 dollars

Easy money.