What's new

Betting Thread

jazz vs clippers

what?? lines unchanged after Blake is ruled out of the game, still jazz +1 in Bovada???

is this post christmas gift or what? how could jazz not win the game when Blake is out of the game???

I just put $1000 on the jazz +1 in BetOnline

lol

Maybe because Favors is most likely out as well.

Hope that was just an extra $1K you had sitting around and didn't know what to do with. This might be a pretty ugly basketball game on both sides, but the Clips still have DeAndre Jordan. I wouldn't risk a dollar on this game either way.

Skins won the division so I won 1K.

Need Broncos tonight. Not huge or anything.

Really need NC ML tomorrow. I'd be shocked if they lose to Baylor without their three top guys on offense.

Wisconsin football team won me some money last night

Football Spartans not bball Spartans right?

Yep. I did Bama 1H -6.5 and Bama 2H -4 so i profited but still. Looking good early. The bomb to Ridley hurt a ton. Then, the Cook pick right before half was a killer. 10-3 and you have a little momentum there. But who am I kidding? It was 38-0 last time I saw.

I played a lot of poker this week, and I thought I'd share my stats. All played in .10/0.25 cash games.

Hands played: 1274
Percentage of hands played: 31%
Pre Flop raise percentage: 18%
Went to Showdown: 30%
Won showdown: 39%
Net: +$79.71

I played a lot of poker this week, and I thought I'd share my stats. All played in .10/0.25 cash games.

Hands played: 1274
Percentage of hands played: 31%
Pre Flop raise percentage: 18%
Went to Showdown: 30%
Won showdown: 39%
Net: +$79.71

Do you play in the "zone" poker games or traditional? I play on the zone Bengals 6-player table at those same stakes.

Do you play in the "zone" poker games or traditional? I play on the zone Bengals 6-player table at those same stakes.

Mostly traditional. I will occasionally put down the $12.50 for zone poker (and I will play the occasional tournament). But I don't really like it for several reasons.

1. Since you can fold and pick a new hand instantly, almost everyone only plays very strong hands.

2. Given the insane fold rate, I will very often get a monster hand, but end up only winning the blinds because the entire table left.

3. I can't track the players. In traditional games, I can quickly learn who's vulnerable to steals, who's a calling station, who overplays, and so on.

4. Given the three reasons above, I feel zone becomes pretty much a crapshoot. And I am spending too much time and effort to learn the subtleties of the game to throw it away on zone poker.

Why do you prefer it?

Last edited:
Mostly traditional. I will occasionally put down the $12.50 for zone poker (and I will play the occasional tournament). But I don't really like it for several reasons.

1. Since you can fold and pick a new hand instantly, almost everyone only plays very strong hands.

2. Given the insane fold rate, I will very often get a monster hand, but end up only winning the blinds because the entire table left.

3. I can't track the players. In traditional games, I can quickly learn who's vulnerable to steels, who's a calling station, who overplays, and so on.

4. Given the three reasons above, I feel zone becomes pretty much a crapshoot. And I am spending too much time and effort to learn the subtleties of the game to throw it away on zone poker.

Why do you prefer it?

It solves my single biggest issue with online poker... attention span. When playing a traditional game I find myself surfing the web, making dumb calls with **** hands because I want to do something, crap like that. I agree with all of your points though. Plus, zone poker is a bad beat machine. You can wait for premium hands all you want, but it always seems like when you play AK some other jackass played 10-3 suited and hits the flush. You hit the King with two spades, bet it strong...he calls. Third spade hits, he checks, you bet strong, he calls. Then he flips over the flush and you're like WTF? You didn't want to bet your flush? But he didn't need to, I bet it for him. Yeah, it gets frustrating. I just can't sit and play on a single table and pay attention.

It solves my single biggest issue with online poker... attention span. When playing a traditional game I find myself surfing the web, making dumb calls with **** hands because I want to do something, crap like that. I agree with all of your points though. Plus, zone poker is a bad beat machine. You can wait for premium hands all you want, but it always seems like when you play AK some other jackass played 10-3 suited and hits the flush. You hit the King with two spades, bet it strong...he calls. Third spade hits, he checks, you bet strong, he calls. Then he flips over the flush and you're like WTF? You didn't want to bet your flush? But he didn't need to, I bet it for him. Yeah, it gets frustrating. I just can't sit and play on a single table and pay attention.

What amazes me about low stakes cash games is the number of limpers and timid players. They will hit AA, and just call the BB. Why? They will hit a two pair on the flop, and check or make a small bet. WTF? I have actually got to the point where I'll make a 2/3rd of a pot bet on the flop if I at least have a pair. It doesn't even have to be the top pair. 90% will just fold then and there, even if they have something. It is crazy.

I have built my bankroll close to the point where I'm comfortable moving to .25/.50 games. I wonder if level of competition improves at that point.

What amazes me about low stakes cash games is the number of limpers and timid players. They will hit AA, and just call the BB. Why? They will hit a two pair on the flop, and check or make a small bet. WTF? I have actually got to the point where I'll make a 2/3rd of a pot bet on the flop if I at least have a pair. It doesn't even have to be the top pair. 90% will just fold then and there, even if they have something. It is crazy.

I have built my bankroll close to the point where I'm comfortable moving to .25/.50 games. I wonder if level of competition improves at that point.
It should improve a little, but there will still be tons of weak players. More weak than strong players. Plus, I've heard that bovada attracts weak players, many are just killing time waiting to see if their sports bets hit.

My dad is ****ting his pants right now with this TCU game.....520 if TCU wins 210 if Oregon wins

Crazy.....if this ASU WVU game is under 54 points my step mom takes 2nd in the same pool lol

Jazz are +15. I'm not taking it, but it's tempting.