What's new

Big Al & Hayward --> Suns...... Hmmm

Would you trade hayward for their unprotected pick? I think I may. Especially if Jazz brass decides that Burks is the guy at the 2. Hayward is not a three so we really have a log jam with two of our young four. If we could parlay Jefferson and Hayward into that unprotected pick Id do it and hope Bazz' is there when we go.

Would you trade hayward for their unprotected pick? I think I may. Especially if Jazz brass decides that Burks is the guy at the 2. Hayward is not a three so we really have a log jam with two of our young four. If we could parlay Jefferson and Hayward into that unprotected pick Id do it and hope Bazz' is there when we go.

Bazz is the only pick I'd be excited about enough to move Hayward, but that's too much of a risk for my liking.

hate is. hayward is probably my favorite player on utah right now.. i dont think the ungarenteed turnaround of a draft pick would be worth hayward.

hate is. hayward is probably my favorite player on utah right now.. i dont think the ungarenteed turnaround of a draft pick would be worth hayward.

It is Hayward and Kanter for me. Then Favors, Burks and Carrroll.

Trade idea:

Suns acquire: Al Jefferson, Raja Bell

Jazz acquire: Marcin Gortat, Jared Dudley, Kendall Marshall

Not that some will care, but it does work on Trade Machine. I don't know how desperate the Suns are, but they don't seem to value anyone on their side of the deal except for Gortat. It works as far as I'm concerned. I love Kendall Marshall.

Who would the Jazz waive in this scenario? Tinsley or Watson? Murphy?

I just don't see us giving up Hayward unless it was for a good lotto pick plus a nice player.
Dudley and Gorat are decent, but nothing special. Nothing to trade Hay, and our leading scorer for.

I think the Suns have asked about Gordon Hayward, I don't think the Jazz would deal him unless it's for a top 20 player in the league. Unless their lottery pick is in the mix, I think Gordon is off the table. I could see the Suns sending Gortat & Dudley to Utah for Jefferson and one of our picks. I think that's pretty fair for both sides. I really hope the Jazz don't pull off a trade like that. I would love to have Gortat on the Jazz, but not at the expense of Favors & Kanter. Gortat would just perpetuate the problem that we are dealing with now.

I would do Al and Hayward for Gortat, Dudley, Marshall and their UNPROTECTED pick. We would have 3 picks and including a top 10. If we could turn those into a star we would be set...

Unless we moved Say Milsap and both our picks for Bledsoe. Turning Jefferson, Milsap and 2 middling picks for Gortat (thrid Big), Dudley ( 3 point shooter with better all around game than Foye) and our PG of the future being Bledsoe would turn this team around in a hurry. Reality is we trade two first round picks forthis package as I dont believe either player are in our future plans.

Hayward for Jermaine Oneal. We get a solid veteran that can't really contribute to winning or a winning attitude but its another big we can keep in front of our inexperience worthless young uns.

zman1527 View Post said:
Gortat, or any other big, is the LAST thing we need. We don't need to keep the logjam going/excuse to not play favors and kanter.

Would love to get Dragic.

Having 3-bigs that can play is not a logjam. Are you serious?

Unless the Jazz also trade Millsap, there would still be four bigs. I think that's what zman was talking about.

Unless the Jazz also trade Millsap, there would still be four bigs. I think that's what zman was talking about.

Yeah, but for how long? Getting Gortat would pretty much spell the definite end for Millsap in Utah. Kanter/Favors/Gortat would be a very nice trio for next season.

No, that's actually what I was talking about in the very post he quoted:

Al for Gortat is something I'd be very into. But then the Jazz need to do something with Millsap because this 4-bigs thing will not continue to work and losing players for nothing is not good or smart.

So either he didn't read my post, was agreeing with it in a very bizarre way, or is saying having Gortat under any circumstance at all creates a logjam.

Hayward for Jermaine Oneal. We get a solid veteran that can't really contribute to winning or a winning attitude but its another big we can keep in front of our inexperience worthless young uns.
So pickledX is really Ty Corbin. Welcome to the board Ty. How much money would it take for you to retire from coaching?

So either he didn't read my post, was agreeing with it in a very bizarre way, or is saying having Gortat under any circumstance at all creates a logjam.

I'm going with choice A, meaning he didn't *fully* read your post.