What's new

Big Al Press Conf.

I don't get into the hype of press conference but Al Jefferson was honest and said all of the right things. Particularly impressed with his openness about his DUI and his eagerness to get his camp done at the end of the month and then move to SLC for the rest of the summer and get some work done before training camp opens up.

It's just a nice change to hear "I wanna do whatever it takes to get better" instead of "I'm happy to bring my talents here."

I was relieved and thrilled to hear his response when asked if while Okur is injured he's ok playing the 5? "I've always played the 5. Only difference between the 4 and 5 is the 5 is the captain on defense. It's been a little bit of a weakness in my game but I"m gonna work hard on the defensive end." (paraphrazing)

Jazz have an offensive minded center that likes to get nasty in the paint! AND knows he's responsible for the defense and wants to do whatever it takes to get better there. This is much better than a defensive guy who can't score. Wow. Jefferson playing next to Millsap = awesome.

I liked his story about playing side by side with Millsap... "I just said "Respect"". Hahaha

Are you kidding me? That was the best feature of Boozer's game, and the only reason I liked him.

I hate everything about Boozer. Everything he did sounded so artificial. That included.

Listening to Al Jefferson is such a relief because he doesn't sound like a politician, thinking of his words before he opens his mouth. Love it.

My personal favorite was the bozos laughing when KOC said "Jefferson will learn some knew language from Sloan" like it was a joke.

Al was funny, he was real, he talked like a person, not lawyer--he is the anti-boozer. He said he was a bigger man than Boozer, he said he'd rather play for Utah than Dallas. He is exactly what I've been missing, I don't care if he averages 7 and 7. I'm glad he's here and the other guy is gone. The only thing left to do is start a Fire KOC thread for not drafting him in the 1st place. :)

I liked his story about playing side by side with Millsap... "I just said "Respect"". Hahaha

I liked this, too. It sounded like he was **** talking Sap in a game about not having a jumpshot. Sap hits the shot and Jefferson was like, "Man, I didn't know you had that in your game?" Sap's like, "Yeah, been working on that." Then he says "Respect" like they were running back down the floor after he hit it. Nice little moment.

It was hilarious when he was comparing his game with Boozer. He basically said Boozer is a finesse player and would rather shoot fadeaways than take the ball to the rack. I believe his words were something like "real men play in the paint!"

Being in his mid-20's, it's a bit late to learn to play the game right, but here's to hoping being around winners helps him grow.