What's new

Black or Wallace?

Which point guard would rather have with the 9th pick?

• Total voters
He did say that was entirely based on watching 2 games. He also said He sees intriguing things from both, just that Black has him more nervous with more red flags. So your loves one and hates one comment is exaggerated.
Ehhh… slightly exaggerated. Saying he just doesn’t see it with Black (like half a dozen times with serious concern on his face) in the footage or in the numbers in long form fashion and with specificity is about as pointed as Locke gets.

Saying he only watched two games is setting appropriate scouting context. But the stats are from the season, not just two games.

This is my confirmation bias speaking but that was pretty ****ing authoritative.

Just listened, and definitely going to take everything he said as the truth to confirm my bias. (I'll just ignore him saying he is basing this off of basically one game).

Truth is, I've watched way more games than Locke and feel pretty confident in my analysis that Cason is going to be a great NBA player.

Ehhh… slightly exaggerated. Saying he just doesn’t see it with Black (like half a dozen times with serious concern on his face) in the footage or in the numbers in long form fashion and with specificity is about as pointed as Locke gets.

Saying he only watched two games is setting appropriate scouting context. But the stats are from the season, not just two games.

I hadn't realized Cason ranked so high as an off the bounce shooter.

I hadn't realized Cason ranked so high as an off the bounce shooter.
77th percentile at the rim for Wallace to 50-somethingth percentile for Black. Pretty good for an allegedly small guard vs an OMG GIANT SO ATHLETIC guard.

Japes aside, that one screamed at me.

Locke said Wallace measured 6’2 at the combine.. is that true?

That’s tiny by todays standard if that’s true.

When Black goes in the top-8 and Wallace is still there in the late lottery I wonder how many people here will be wondering what happened.

Locke said Wallace measured 6’2 at the combine.. is that true?

That’s tiny by todays standard if that’s true.
Jesus man, you know you can find your own information, right? You know it’s plastered everywhere here, right?

6’ 2.5” w/o shoes (what would be called 6’ 4” in years past)
6’ 8.5” wingspan

He’s a little shorter and a little longer than Jrue Holiday who until this year - apparently - was considered a big guard

Jesus man, you know you can find your own information, right? You know it’s plastered everywhere here, right?

6’ 2.5” w/o shoes (what would be called 6’ 4” in years past)
6’ 8.5” wingspan

He’s basically the same net size as Jrue Holiday.
Jrue was 6’ 3 1/4 (without shoes) according to the internet… Cason is quite a bit shorter.. and Jrue is already very short in todays NBA.

What? That’s just fact. He’s nearly an inch shorter.
1. Pull out a ruler and look at what 3/4 of an inch actually is
2. You don’t play basketball with the top of your skull. He is longer than Jrue is taller.
3. The real one: JRUE IS NOT VERY SHORT. His rep his entire career is that he had elite size for a guard.
4. Go around the league and dig through the measurements of point guards, being mindful of both team and individual success. What you are saying is ignorant and divorced from reality.
5. Players play in shoes. Until about five years ago common measurements were listing in shoe height. Common measurements also leave out decimals. So, sizes get rounded up or down, but usually up. Cason could easily be considered “ 6’ 5” “ by those mechanisms.

Last edited: