What's new

Black or Wallace?

Which point guard would rather have with the 9th pick?

• Total voters
I actually don’t want the Jazz to draft either at #9.

I’d rather we take a scoring wing with high ceiling at #9.

At #16 I’m sure one of Hood-Safino or Bufkin or Keyonte will fall to us.
Convenient to not have any clue what the **** you’re talking about and then refuse to do the work.

Convenient to not have any clue what the **** you’re talking about and then refuse to do the work.
Heh.. I don’t like to over-think things.

Scoring wings are what you need nowadays in the NBA. Wings with size.

Point guards are a good to have.

Also personally I don’t see Wallace being that much better than someone like Bufkin so I’d rather spend my #9 on a decent wing and pick up a Bufkin with the #16.

Heh.. I don’t like to over-think things.

Scoring wings are what you need nowadays in the NBA. Wings with size.

Point guards are a good to have.

Also personally I don’t see Wallace being that much better than someone like Bufkin so I’d rather spend my #9 on a decent wing and pick up a Bufkin with the #16.
BTW Bufkin measured 6’ 4.25 at the combine w/o shoes.. that’s decent.

Jrue was 6’ 3 1/4 (without shoes) according to the internet… Cason is quite a bit shorter.. and Jrue is already very short in todays NBA.
cason weighs the same and is longer, has a higher reach. for all intents and purposes they are the same size, if anything the advantage goes to cason. jrue isn't small. dude guards wings and does it extremely well.

Last edited:
When Black goes in the top-8 and Wallace is still there in the late lottery I wonder how many people here will be wondering what happened.
Nah. People go ape for positional size. That outcome is one of my more coveted for me of the ones that are believable.

In doing some other research (trading up to #6 with Orlando), I came across Gary Harris - full time SG and whose best attribute all told is defense - who is similarly sized as Wallace but whose wingspan is nearly two inches shorter.

Just for reference.

In doing some other research (trading up to #6 with Orlando), I came across Gary Harris - full time SG and whose best attribute all told is defense - who is similarly sized as Wallace but whose wingspan is nearly two inches shorter.

Just for reference.

Harris is a better shooter though.

Can we just come to a compromise and label Cason as an average sized PG who plays bigger than he is?
I think that's exactly what he is. would have been a big PG 20 or 30 years ago, but in today's league he's average and because of his defensive potential he plays bigger. let's face it, defense is where size really matters and if you're a guard who can defend wings, you might as well be a huge guard - smart and jrue are examples of this. Smart is only 6'3", but nobody cares, because bigger guys can't take advantage of him.

I think that's exactly what he is. would have been a big PG 20 or 30 years ago, but in today's league he's average and because of his defensive potential he plays bigger. let's face it, defense is where size really matters and if you're a guard who can defend wings, you might as well be a huge guard - smart and jrue are examples of this. Smart is only 6'3", but nobody cares, because bigger guys can't take advantage of him.
Smart is also built like a brick truck, so it's a bit different. It's hard to take advantage of size if you cant move the player to the basket. Cason doesnt have that capacity for bulk.

Smart is also built like a brick truck, so it's a bit different. It's hard to take advantage of size if you cant move the player to the basket. Cason doesnt have that capacity for bulk.
good point, but my point also applies to Jrue or any other great guard defenders. you don't see wings taking advantage of him either. if you're a great defender, your overall ability to defend, your effort and defensive iq make up for a lack of size and bigger wings either don't challenge you or don't have a lot of success when they try.