What's new

Blazers @ Jazz, 2/15, 7pm MT, Game 57

Nice game tonight. We've been dirt of late and its good not to have to carry that into the All-star break.

Couple things;
G.Hill missing Favors under the basket in the 1st was deplorable! I don't know what he was thinking. Reward the Bigs running the floor especially Favors who's trying to get out of his funk.

Consistent minutes for Exum is producing a more consistent level of play. Its nice to see. His speed, lateral movement and recovery all look awesome.

Now to get rest, get healthy.

Great win. Much needed confidence heading into the break.

I do have a question you guys might know the answer to. Favors and Diaw played a combined 46 minutes contributing 4 points, 1 assist and 10 rebounds. Lyles played for 2 minutes.

Is he in the doghouse, hurt, what? We need his development for long term depth. Stretch 4's are the hottest commodity. Why would he not play more in a game like this?

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I do have a question you guys might know the answer to. Favors and Diaw played a combined 46 minutes contributing 4 points, 1 assist and 10 rebounds. Lyles played for 2 minutes.

Is he in the doghouse, hurt, what? We need his development for long term depth. Stretch 4's are the hottest commodity. Why would he not play more in a game like this?

Jazz are trying to win some games - the idea was to have a nice cushion on LAC before CP3 gets back.

I like Lyles a lot - when he grows the **** up and learns to focus I think he'll be an offensive asset. But right now they don't have time for long-term development.

0d369ef8f489984adb44e30a5a178f79.jpg

I post, therefore I am.

Jazz are trying to win some games - the idea was to have a nice cushion on LAC before CP3 gets back.

I like Lyles a lot - when he grows the **** up and learns to focus I think he'll be an offensive asset. But right now they don't have time for long-term development.
I understand that, but...

We won by 23
The game was over for much of the 4th
Favors and Diaw weren't playing great

I completely get that Lyles might get relegated for close games and better vet performances, but he's a guy we have to groom. To me, he is one of the keys to our progression to contenders in a couple years (provided everyone stays, stays healthy, keeps improving, he switches with Diaw or maybe even Favors).

He is in the doghouse..... for good reason.

Didn't Diaw have a number of games to start the year where he jacked up a bunch of shots and played like crap? Lyles frustrates me, but he has only scratched the surface of his ability. Even if you're trying to teach the kid a lesson, it doesn't make sense to sit him for Diaw for garbage time. At least in my opinion...

He is in the doghouse..... for good reason.
I would give your left nut for last years Lyles. Lol
Didn't Diaw have a number of games to start the year where he jacked up a bunch of shots and played like crap? Lyles frustrates me, but he has only scratched the surface of his ability. Even if you're trying to teach the kid a lesson, it doesn't make sense to sit him for Diaw for garbage time. At least in my opinion...

Lyles is straight garbage this year.