What's new

BOGIE

Bogey and favs are fine examples of why load management wouldn't be a bad idea for the jazz.
Those guys have had all the rest in the world. They just aren't very good players right now. Favors has been pretty bad defensively all year.

Those guys have had all the rest in the world. They just aren't very good players right now. Favors has been pretty bad defensively all year.
they played two nights ago, which is proven to be too much for them TBH. they need to start playing every other game with a rest in between.

Favs did that for us a couple of season back with his "back spasm", i don't know why we stop it now with him being two years older.

Bogey is washed up and more off then he is on, we suck when he can't score and that's most of the time. I say trade him now before it's too late

I think the second half of the season is going to be hard on most JFCers. The team is returning to earth. Best get straight with that.

Q needs to find new wrinkles and keep players interested.

It was interesting watching Locke ridicule the question "is this sustainable" from not too long ago.

Our schedule will probably keep us as a top 4 seed, I would say likely 1 seed. But I would continue to bet on Lakers/ Clippers/ Nets over the Jazz in playoffs. Hope I'm wrong.

Our schedule will probably keep us as a top 4 seed, I would say likely 1 seed. But I would continue to bet on Lakers/ Clippers/ Nets over the Jazz in playoffs. Hope I'm wrong.
The schedule isn’t as good as we think it is. It’s soft but still some good teams... we have bottom feeders but there are plenty of 50/50 games like last night that could go the wrong way.

The good news is it is happening right before the trade deadline so may motivate us to do something if there is a decent match. The match will be tough to find so I understand if nothing gets done.

We shall see but I always considered the teams you mentioned to be better than us in a playoff series of healthy. The question is are we in that class? I think we are close... let’s see what happens I guess.

Bogey is likely the spot you need to upgrade to make a huge improvement. I'd set the chances at it happening at about 5%. It is hard to find a definite upgrade and I don't think we are seriously looking.

Bogey is likely the spot you need to upgrade to make a huge improvement. I'd set the chances at it happening at about 5%. It is hard to find a definite upgrade and I don't think we are seriously looking.
I would go as far as to guarantee we are not looking. I think the only way a move happens is if something literally fell into our lap. Otherwise, this is the team we got, and it ain't changing.

I would go as far as to guarantee we are not looking. I think the only way a move happens is if something literally fell into our lap. Otherwise, this is the team we got, and it ain't changing.
I'd almost like to see Bogie sit for 5-10 games to see how things look with a mix of Oni, Ersan, Niang picking up those minutes. Just want to see if we miss him a lot or a little.

I think it also isn't just him... I think DM's defensive commitment swings fairly wildly... I think its a combo of JC/DM/Bojan that leaves us a little short.

All the title contenders have some short comings so it might be okay to be flawed. We just don't have Lebron, KD, Kawhi that are able to go to a higher gear to cover up our issues.

I'd almost like to see Bogie sit for 5-10 games to see how things look with a mix of Oni, Ersan, Niang picking up those minutes. Just want to see if we miss him a lot or a little.

I think it also isn't just him... I think DM's defensive commitment swings fairly wildly... I think its a combo of JC/DM/Bojan that leaves us a little short.

All the title contenders have some short comings so it might be okay to be flawed. We just don't have Lebron, KD, Kawhi that are able to go to a higher gear to cover up our issues.
That last sentence is exactly the crux of the whole thing. Sure other teams have flaws, but in the playoffs they also have the guy that can just go get buckets, and take over. Donovan has done that, but this year that has been sorely lacking. His efficiency isn't good for being that guy. Not sure he really can, tbh.

Do we need to trade Donovan? If we swapped Donovan for Jerami Grant, let's say, how would that change our team?

That last sentence is exactly the crux of the whole thing. Sure other teams have flaws, but in the playoffs they also have the guy that can just go get buckets, and take over. Donovan has done that, but this year that has been sorely lacking. His efficiency isn't good for being that guy. Not sure he really can, tbh.

Do we need to trade Donovan? If we swapped Donovan for Jerami Grant, let's say, how would that change our team?
No... I just think a couple things need to happen... DM needs to be more consistent and effective as a defender. He has some short comings but the defensive lapses where his guy gets an offensive rebound or he decides to leave a shooter for no real reason have to be eliminated.

We need to add one do **** energy guy to the rotation that does not compromise spacing. I think Oni could be that guy... His on/off numbers outside of garbage time are pretty amazing. His shot looks solid and he gets it off so quick... Just for fun I'd like to see what the starting lineup looks like with him in Bojan's space for a game or two. If they ignore him in the corner he can hit the shot or crash hard for an offensive rebound. He's not ready to dribble much but I think Mike/DM have all the dribbling you need.