What's new

BOGIE

My guess is that Bogey needs the playing time to get back into sync. Putting him on the bench doesn’t help him re-acclimate. We may just need to suffer through a poor stretch of play at the beginning to get in in rhythm again. That said, Bogey firing on all cylinders is still a piss poor defender.

I'm more worried about Mitchell than Bogey. Bogey shot over 41% from 3 last season and 40%+ the two seasons prior to that. He'll get back into the groove.

That TO that was a pass back to center court that created an over and back was just mind blowing and everyone could see it coming.

At least he has reasons for being rusty, he doesn’t jack up 20 shots when he’s dog ****, and he’s not a franchise cornerstone running the offense.

At the same time, hell yeah he’s unidimensional. Are people just realizing this? He scored 20ppg on .600 TS% last year, but, incredibly, had just above league average PER and the team was basically net neutral whether he was on the floor or off. He provides nothing when he’s not scoring and that’s not new.

Hopefully whatever issue gets resolved, but in the meantime, he should probably take a reduced role and minutes.

Meanwhile, it looks like Joe finally fell off a cliff (that unnecessary, Mehmet Okur Honorary Loyalty Extension looks better every day). We have no point guards or wings with playmaking skills coming down the pipe (save perhaps our second rounder from this year). Good thing we got a third string center though.

His hand needs more time. Reduce his minutes for a couple of games and see if it helps.. and the physical play on the perimeter..can he counter that?

He shouldn’t force himself to play on a shooting wrist injury that is obviously not better.

We really really really need a Bogey break out game at this point. I need to see him play well.

This is the worst I have seen Bogey play. It has to be the wrist...or...it has to be caution or fear of hurting the wrist more...or a combination. I think Niang would play better. Play him instead of Bogey for a couple of games and let Bogey get stronger.

He hurt his wrist (not sure if it was the same one) in the Suns game, and held it and was obviously in pain for a while. Didn't see anything similar in the Clippers game, but it was really concerning.

He hurt his wrist (not sure if it was the same one) in the Suns game, and held it and was obviously in pain for a while. Didn't see anything similar in the Clippers game, but it was really concerning.
It is downright silly to try to tough out a shooting wrist injury, especially at 30+, and especially if he’s less than worthless while he’s injured.

It strikes me that not very many people here have had surgery on a joint. It isn't just the recovery period, or residual pain, but the joint stiffens up and often works just slightly differently than it did before. You essentially got a new hand a need to learn how to use it. Practice is one thing, but in-game there are so many different factors that if you are thinking about the joint at all you'll move differently than you did before, even if just the tiniest bit, and for a precision shooter a tiny bit is enough to throw off the shot. It will take him some time to get used to it, to make it do what he wants it to do, and maybe most importantly, to get back to shooting without thinking about it, which is when a shooter is at their best.

And frankly the only way to get through this is too shoot in-game, as much as possible. He's got several more 3-or-4-for-13-to-15 games to get back to form. But I believe he will get there.

Bogey and favs are fine examples of why load management wouldn't be a bad idea for the jazz.

Last edited:
I still think you have to ride with Bogey here so he is better for the players. He is struggling for sure and he doesn't really affect the game besides offense but threat of his 3pt shooting and switch bustery of his post-ups are too important. We still don't have enough options to attack switches.

Anyone we trade for may not be as valuable if Bogey gets back in rhythm. All is well that ends well.