What's new

Bolerjack or Locke

who's worse.. why?

• Bolerjack

Votes: 23 41.1%
  • Locke

Votes: 33 58.9%

• Total voters
I always cringe when Boler says things like, "he shoots a three!" -when it's clearly a two pointer, or "nothing but net!" -and the ball clangs around the rim a few times. I'm not like a lot of people here and I'd take basketball IQ over Bolerjack. Locke knows his stuff and does a lot for the team. I've never heard him call a game though.

I always cringe when Boler says things like, "he shoots a three!" -when it's clearly a two pointer, or "nothing but net!" -and the ball clangs around the rim a few times. I'm not like a lot of people here and I'd take basketball IQ over Bolerjack. Locke knows his stuff and does a lot for the team. I've never heard him call a game though.

He is just awkward... its a little un-natural.

I agree on the Boler part... I had an earlier post about this. Basketball players don't say the things he does... like spinner... what the hell's a spinner.

you guys need to listen to clippers broadcasters. all they say is oh my oh my blake for the dunk ahhh!!!!!!! it is just terrible

Sent from the JazzFanz app

Well said. I have lived in 5 NBA cities and travel a lot and completely agree. Our announcers are much better than most.

Yeah I watch a handful of Kings games a year and if you want to hear an unlikeable, annoying guy listen to Grant Napier. He makes nicknames for everyone... the hustling husky, and bibbilicious are maybe the most annoying. He also has a radio show that is just horrrrible.

I would enjoy Locke's broadcasting more if he would announce the ****ing score at least semi-frequently.

'Course thinking about it, maybe he purposely didn't do it this year because he didn't want people turning off their radios when they realized the Jazz were getting blown out.

To me its Boler by a mile. Is there a less knowledgeable broadcaster in the NBA? Its shocking to me how little he knows and understands.

Locke can be a little annoying but he does know his stuff, and does come up some really interesting statistics at times.

They all have their ****ty sides to themselves. But which on e of us don't?

I would prefer some Verne Lundquist to them though.

verne.jpg

Or Kyle Montgomery. Definitely him!

kyle-montgomery1.jpg

I don't hate D-Lawkward but I cannot stand listening to him. At all.

To me its Boler by a mile. Is there a less knowledgeable broadcaster in the NBA? Its shocking to me how little he knows and understands.

Boler has grown on me and has obv. learned a lot about BBall. His 1280 interviews are always enjoyable, outside the circle jerk *** kiss thing those guys do with him.

BTW, did anyone hear Locke fill in for the evening show the other day? He got pissed at a texter for saying "Hayward Sux" and went off the deep end. He calls this kid up on the air and tells him he's going to destroy him, then completely pussed out and ended up kissing the kid's ***. It was Lawkward.

I think Locke is a terrible play by play announcer. His voice grates on me when he emotes. I think his analysis on his podcast is good and I enjoy it for the most part, but some times he comes across as a condescending ***** when someone asks him a question during his podcast that he doesn't agree with. I liked him better when he was up here in Seattle and wasn't employed by the home team. He was a lot more critical and wasn't the company mouthpiece like he is now.

I don't hate D-Lawkward but I cannot stand listening to him. At all.

Boler has grown on me and has obv. learned a lot about BBall. His 1280 interviews are always enjoyable, outside the circle jerk *** kiss thing those guys do with him.

I enjoy them too but it he doesn't give any really insight, just behind the sense info which anyone in his position would get.

I voted Boler because his Boler-isms are intolerable. "Houdini" is terrible. That bounce pass is not a "skip pass". You cannot "hammer down" a three pointer.

Locke filling in on the Zone.... equals nightmare. I typically like his podcast...but listening to him just talk and talk and talk...is terrible!!!! lol, I love listening to the zone on my way home each day from work and locke is the reason I've been changing the station.

Locke drew a PENIS on his face...

DL put him up to it and he did it just to prove he is DL's tool...

Or he is just a penisfaced tool...

They ought to get permission to drop a "you gotta love it baby" from Hot Rod... I miss that.

Buckle up is okay... because it makes sense. Every other Bolerism must go.

Besides... Locke steals people's ideas to sound smart. He admitted doing it as the main reason he had someone on his show. Then he justified it by saying 'at least I am honest' about it. Stealing isn't honest. Even if you tell people you are stealing from them.

Locke is OUR tool. Let's all address our posts to him. Then he can tell us when he took them right off the forum.

BTW, did anyone hear Locke fill in for the evening show the other day? He got pissed at a texter for saying "Hayward Sux" and went off the deep end. He calls this kid up on the air and tells him he's going to destroy him, then completely pussed out and ended up kissing the kid's ***. It was Lawkward.

Please provide a link. I need to see this.

BTW, Locke is the biggest tool out of the two. I actually think Boler is a really nice guy even though he is likely less knowledgeable than most. Locke creeps me out with his Hayward hard on interviews along with his arrogance towards the fan base. His little diatribe pretty much calling out all Jazz fans who didn't like the idea of maxing out Hayward as poor fans put me over the top. He took the whole Hayward thing personally when fans worried about the long term ramifications of such a deal. Honestly, he might be knowledgeable about the game and about the underlying statistics, but he is a grade A douchebag in my book. That's not even taking into account that he is the WORST radio announcer in the history of the NBA.

I voted Boler because his Boler-isms are intolerable. "Houdini" is terrible. That bounce pass is not a "skip pass". You cannot "hammer down" a three pointer.

Still might be better than "he just took that cookie from the cookie jar" to describe a steal and meanwhile the action has moved on and somebody scores, so the game is on what I call "Locke delay", while he talks really fast to try to catch up and tell you what just happened... sortof.

Or..

"He'll buy that one, and get one for free"

There are a bunch of them that are equally as annoying as a "hammer down" 3, or a "nothing but net" bank shot.