What's new

Bolerjack or Locke

who's worse.. why?

• Bolerjack

Votes: 23 41.1%
  • Locke

Votes: 33 58.9%

• Total voters
I love boler. (Alot of others must like him too or he wouldnt be doing big time SEC football games as well)
We are lucky to have him.

**** locke

locke is more of an analyst than broadcaster lol love his tip off

Sent from the JazzFanz app
This is true.

Locke is definately smarter but boler has a voice that is just so pleasant to my ears that its ok if he is dumb as a rock..... his job is to simply state what is going on in the game in an interesting way and sound good doing it

I wish we had Joel Meyers for play by play. Should have snagged him when the lakers let him walk a few years ago.

I'll take them both over ron boone. At least they show some emotion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaqH5YcakHk

I always cringe when Boler says things like, "he shoots a three!" -when it's clearly a two pointer, or "nothing but net!" -and the ball clangs around the rim a few times. I'm not like a lot of people here and I'd take basketball IQ over Bolerjack. Locke knows his stuff and does a lot for the team. I've never heard him call a game though.

I don't hate Boler as much as others do, but for the life of my his inability to call a 3 point shot is just staggering, to the point where I'm not sure how he can be a basketball PBP guy. It's like he's still looking on the floor, when all you have to do is look at the ref closest to the play and see if he's holding his arm up or his arm down/sideways (it's what I do when I'm watching the game if the shot looks close to me). Even then, I've seen him call 3 point shots where the guy is literally 2-4 feet inside the arc. Multiple times througout many seasons.

I wish we had Joel Meyers for play by play. Should have snagged him when the lakers let him walk a few years ago.

He used to rag on the Jazz so much back in the day when him and Elliot did the Suprs games I have a permanent hatred for him. But yeah, he's pretty good as far as his job goes.

Please provide a link. I need to see this.

BTW, Locke is the biggest tool out of the two. I actually think Boler is a really nice guy even though he is likely less knowledgeable than most. Locke creeps me out with his Hayward hard on interviews along with his arrogance towards the fan base. His little diatribe pretty much calling out all Jazz fans who didn't like the idea of maxing out Hayward as poor fans put me over the top. He took the whole Hayward thing personally when fans worried about the long term ramifications of such a deal. Honestly, he might be knowledgeable about the game and about the underlying
statistics, but he is a grade A douchebag in my book. That's not even taking into account that he is the WORST radio announcer in the history of the NBA.

I would like to hear this as well... It might have been on his blog, but I did hear him bumbling on in some desperate effort to find a stat that he can use to support GH... He was talking about how Hayward was "assisted" on a higher percentage of shots 2 years ago with under 8 seconds on the shot clock or something... Something about how this shows Hayward is stronger at creating a shot now... I don't hate Hayward, but Locke can dig up some strange crap, all I could think of was "ya, if someone bricks a ton more shots, the percentage of shots they are assisted on is going to go down as well." Sorry if this doesn't make sense, its Locke philosophy and I can't explain it...

Boler has been doing this for how long now and he cannot even get basic terminology that we are taught in Jr. High basketball correct and his "play by play" is irritating at best. I keep expecting him to call out there was a flag on the play. But on the other hand Locke is a tool.

Hey, I love Boone. He's hilarious (unintentionally).

Ron Boone was a guy with a boatload of basketball knowledge, and good analysis ability, with zero ability to talk on the air. It made for some hillariously awkward moments, but in the end you knew the guy knew what he was talking about and he often had very spot on comments. Boler can talk on the air but seems like he doesn't give a flying **** that he knows nothing about the sport he is being paid a boatload of money to talk about. They are polar opposites. I would take the knowledgable guy that can't talk well over the polished clueless voice any day.

I'll take them both over ron boone. At least they show some emotion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaqH5YcakHk

The interesting thing is if you listen to the commentary it tells you who the better announcer is. Boler was "super excited" that the rookie hit a spot up 3 from the corner (arguably this should be a gimme for any perimeter player in the NBA), but Boone rightfully pointed out that the whole play was made by Hayward taking the ball upcourt, keeping the defense on their heels, and finding the right person at the right moment to hit the shot. So Boler was all rabid and spitting into the microphone and if you listen to him you would think the "rookie" made an unbelievable shot against all odds with 5 defenders in his face, when really the play was made by Hayward setting it all up. I would take Booner for that reason any day over Boler.

I don't hate D-Lawkward but I cannot stand listening to him. At all.

Boler has grown on me and has obv. learned a lot about BBall. His 1280 interviews are always enjoyable, outside the circle jerk *** kiss thing those guys do with him.

I do not think that means what you think that means.

On air he is obviously scripted or at least prepped for the interview so he doesn't say stupid things. In games you can tell he still knows next to nothing about the sport, after so many years. And not just from his atrocious play by play but even the little comments between plays and during dead air where he at least a handful of times each game makes some "observation" that, from Boone or Hot Rod would have made you think about the game and maybe the critical play a different way, but from Boler just makes you wonder if he was watching the same game you have been the whole time. That is simply unforgivable after all these years.

But Locke is a tool.

Harprings hair should be included in this poll. He is by far the most annoying of the three. David Locke is so committed and passionate about what he does it's hard to not appreciate him. You need to take him for what he is as an employee of the company. I agree that some of his radio play by play seems canned which is lame. I love Boler and how you can tell he'd like to drop kick Matt sometimes with his unfunny shenanigans.

Still might be better than "he just took that cookie from the cookie jar" to describe a steal and meanwhile the action has moved on and somebody scores, so the game is on what I call "Locke delay", while he talks really fast to try to catch up and tell you what just happened... sortof.

Or..

"He'll buy that one, and get one for free"

There are a bunch of them that are equally as annoying as a "hammer down" 3, or a "nothing but net" bank shot.

Props on "Locke delay."

Sent from the JazzFanz app