What's new

Bolerjack or Locke

who's worse.. why?

• Bolerjack

Votes: 23 41.1%
  • Locke

Votes: 33 58.9%

• Total voters
I'm not sure if I'm way off base here but a poll usually helps to vote on things like these.

Edit: My apologies. I wasn't sure if a UK guy knew how to put the poll in.

Which reminds me...how many UK basketball players does it take to screw in a light bulb?

As the President said recently, "Why all the hatin'?" You must not have lived outside Utah because the broadcasting teams for other teams are far, far worse. I'll be vilified as a "Locke tool," but he brings a dimension to team coverage just not available in other markets. His pre-game preparation is second-to-none, and he works incredibly hard at his craft. With regard to Bolerjack, he's a respected broadcast journalist. I do wish he and Harpring would change their schtick from the sophomoric bantering. There are times when I want to scream, "Hey, guys, do you realize there's a game going on!" while they're droning on about Matt's alma mater or something. I want Harpring to provide insights about the actual game from a player's perspective, such as "They're over-playing Trey's right hand."

As the President said recently, "Why all the hatin'?" You must not have lived outside Utah because the broadcasting teams for other teams are far, far worse. I'll be vilified as a "Locke tool," but he brings a dimension to team coverage just not available in other markets. His pre-game preparation is second-to-none, and he works incredibly hard at his craft. With regard to Bolerjack, he's a respected broadcast journalist. I do wish he and Harpring would change their schtick from the sophomoric bantering. There are times when I want to scream, "Hey, guys, do you realize there's a game going on!" while they're droning on about Matt's alma mater or something. I want Harpring to provide insights about the actual game from a player's perspective, such as "They're over-playing Trey's right hand."

Perhaps it is because I have never left the borders of this state... nor have never watched a sporting event other than the Utah Jazz.. hmmmm, I'll belaboredly ponder that possibility.

But what does Obama have to do with any of this?

I never listen to games on the radio and Bolerjack doesn't do anything like Locke's Tip Off, so I will abstain from voting on the grounds that I don't want to compare their ability to do completely different things.

I may feel differently this year after hearing over and over and over again about how Coach K only allowed 4 transfers in his entire tenure and Hood was one of them.... I hate Locke sometimes and Boler is annoying as he**, but I agree that broadcast crews in other markets are much worse.

Perhaps it is because I have never left the borders of this state... nor have never watched a sporting event other than the Utah Jazz.. hmmmm, I'll belaboredly ponder that possibility.

But what does Obama have to do with any of this?

He's terrible just like Locke and Bolerjack.

Locke is ok sometimes if you keep him away from other humans. He is just weird when he talks with people. Boler is just Boler he's a yes man with a smile.

Locke is ok sometimes if you keep him away from other humans. He is just weird when he talks with people. Boler is just Boler he's a yes man with a smile.

But he does a good job of calling the games - when he and Matt aren't joking around.

I voted backwards. I think Boler's the biggest doof ever to walk the face of the planet. At least Locke has an IQ above 60. Boler's as dumb as a rock.

I voted backwards. I think Boler's the biggest doof ever to walk the face of the planet. At least Locke has an IQ above 60. Boler's as dumb as a rock.

Boler knows a lot less than Locke. Also many of the terms he uses make no sense. Jump shots aren't spinners... You don't hammer down a jumper and I'm also over Houdini and waaaaaay over the dini moment.

Locke is terrible on the play by play but I like tipoff. He is awkwardly over prepared with weird phrases... He just tries to hard it needs to be more natural.

I miss hot rod... Someone find that drunk ******* and give him his mic back.

Another hate on Locke thread. What the crap?

Everyone hates Locke because he reports positive aspect of Jazz game. These people have made up minds and need their Jazz misery.
Locke slices through there negativity like hot knife through butter and they get bent.
I enjoy the games so I can appreciate Lockes commentary. I can actually step inside ESA without shuddering.
I dont faint when a shot goes in. Dont gasp when Locke pinpoints a player strength.

I think Locke is best to keep in a closet somewhere and bring him out when you want some statistical arguments or something similar to that.

Locke is like Kramer on Seinfeld. He is great in short spurts, but having him featured with anything.......... ruins his value and also can get annoying if you have too much of him.

[size/HUGE] boobs [/size];883687 said:
Another hate on Locke thread. What the crap?

Everyone hates Locke because he reports positive aspect of Jazz game. These people have made up minds and need their Jazz misery.
Locke slices through there negativity like hot knife through butter and they get bent.
I enjoy the games so I can appreciate Lockes commentary. I can actually step inside ESA without shuddering.
I dont faint when a shot goes in. Dont gasp when Locke pinpoints a player strength.

I think he is actually fairly realistic when it comes to analyzing the Jazz. He of course can't give his full opinion on things as he is an employee. He kisses the Millers butts and worships Hayward (although he doesn't go too far with his analysis as a player... its the other weird stuff).

He should get more credit... he truly enjoys this and puts a ton of content out there. He's not flawless but he's not nearly as bad as people on here make him out to be.

Boler just seems like more of a football guy. I think many of us here understand and follow the game better than he does. Harpring is okay...

Bring back Hot Rod. Dementia and all.

I voted Boler. Locke gets annoying with his arrogance that makes him not see basic things sometimes, but overall he is knowledgeable about basketball. Boler is the opposite. Boler presents himself more humble and likable and although he is quite knowledgeable on football, he really isn't at basketball. Boler is slowly improving, but still has a long ways to go.

locke is more of an analyst than broadcaster lol love his tip off

Sent from the JazzFanz app

Well said. I have lived in 5 NBA cities and travel a lot and completely agree. Our announcers are much better than most.