What's new

Boston Marathon explosions......

https://deadspin.com/explosions-reported-at-the-boston-marathon-473008941

Some places are saying 3 people died and about a dozen others injured. That link has done of job of gathering relevant info from all sources.
And there was supposedly a report from the hospital about at least 10 people taken there with missing limbs. Terrible tragedy and no doubt this is a terrorist attack. Sounds like an explosion in a hotel room, followed by an explosion of a package or within a trash can on the ground.

Some sad, pathetic people in this world. God bless the victims families and a speedy recovery physically and mentally to thos einjured and affected.

Horrible ... just down right makes you sick in your gut knowing that there is people this sick in the world

Yeah, I saw some speculation earlier about suicide bombers too, but I think that was twitter rumor mongering. The videos/pictures are more interesting in the immediate aftermath of these types of things to me just because there is always so much junk info going around.
April 15th...tax day. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a case of domestic terrorism rather than foreign-bred. There are some crazy, domestic anti-government groups.

April 15th...tax day. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a case of domestic terrorism rather than foreign-bred. There are some crazy, domestic anti-government groups.

Good point, but since the attack is on civilian by-standards and not government interests, I'd still bet on the more traditional suspects.

Good point, but since the attack is on civilian by-standards and not government interests, I'd still bet on the more traditional suspects.

Possibly and I have long wondered at the stupidity of those suspects in carring out their own plans.

Is violence the only way anyone feels like they can make a point anymore?

This just makes me sick.

You shortened your username! Any particular reason?

I thought it would look more elegant, but I don't think I like it so far.

BTW, given the seriousness of the issue, we should not have off-topic conversations here.

I'm hearing there was another incident at a boston library

I'm hearing there was another incident at a boston library

Yup at the JFK library. As soon as I saw the Boston Marathon headline I was bracing for more. I would not be surprised if more happen, if they spread beyond Boston and if they are all linked.

Edit: Two other devices beyond the 3 that exploded are being dismantled by police. That is 5 bombs.

Also all cell phone service in the Boston area has been shut down.

I thought it would look more elegant, but I don't think I like it so far.

BTW, given the seriousness of the issue, we should not have off-topic conversations here.

It's only a matter of time before OneBrow turns this into a circular discussion on some perceived issue anyway. But, getting back to the topic, at least nobody was hurt at the library.

This is terrible news... I guess we should make bombs Illegal then stuff like this wont happen.... wait they are huh?

Why the F are people screwing with such a great city? So sad.

At least only 2 people have died. So really were only talking like a car accident. But still sounds like a lot of brutal injuries.

Seems like this could have been much worse. Glad the damage was fairly minimal.