What's new

BrickSlopes LEGO Convention

RJF

Saturday from 11-7 at UCCU Center(UVU) in Orem you can see some badass displays, all sorts of themes, 30,000 brick pit for the kids to build whatever they want. Kids can build a car and race it. Lots of cool vendors and LEGO!

$8 dollars at the door for ages 9 and over! Children 8 and under are FREE! Check it out!!!

Last edited:
We went. There was a kid there that looked like Quin Snyder. He had a good display with Back to the Future II courthouse square and Ghostbusters.

anyone ever been to Legoland?

A couple years ago there were some giant Lego sculptures on display at an arboretum park not too far from me, they were pretty cool.

morton-arboretum.jpg
morton-arboretum.jpg

Now if this were something useful like a Lincoln Logs convention I would be first in line. All legislation do is teach children to be lazy an rely on others to support thereselves. Lincoln Logs on the other hand teach a skill an stimulate the brain. Kids start thinking stuff about reality like how do I get a roof on this an what about these cracks in the walls?

Going to Legoland in Denmark when I was 10 was one of the highlights of my childhood. :)

We went to legoland in germany with some friends in the summer of 2015. They has some awesome city-scape sculpture, like of New York, Munich, Berlin, Paris, etc. The rides were ok, and the food, per amusement park usual, was meh and overpriced, but it was a lot of fun on the whole. It is actually now a bittersweet memory as our friend's daughter was fighting an incurable brain illness and has since passed (at the age of 5 I believe).